WWE considering a "Shooters" stable for SmackDown?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
As noted, there's talk that Shelton Benjamin still may return to WWE once he heals from rotator cuff surgery in around 6 months.

There's been talk of possibly doing a "shooters" stable with Benjamin, Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler on SmackDown. The stable would be something along the lines of the old WCW "Varsity Club" stable with Rick Steiner, Mike Rotunda, Steve Williams, Kevin Sullivan and Dan Spivey.

SmackDown Superstar Chad Gable was previously tapped to lead a shooters group in WWE NXT but the idea was dropped because Vince McMahon doesn't like those types of gimmicks and it would hurt everyone involved, according to The Observer.

Source

Okay, first of all. The Observer states that a 'shooters' stable is being talked about, but then it is said that Vince doesn't like said stables. LOL

Anyways, I can't say I would mind a stable featuring Benjamin, Swagger and Ziggler.

It could work. Ziggler would be the leader and the mouthpiece (RANDOM THOUGHT: What if it opens up a possibility to bring Angle back as a leader/coach? Okay, I guess I'll stop daydreaming), plus all three guys need something to do and a group like that would revitalize their standing on the roster.

They'd be booked to have a dominant run, of course and would ultimately put over American Alpha.

Last edited:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
It never once said that Vince would never do it. Just that he doesn't like the idea.