WWE bringing back the hardcore title?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
WWE's website has an article up where they're pushing for the return of the Hardcore Title, after Cody Rhodes recently brought back the classic white Intercontinental Title. Here's part of their hype:

"If the Hardcore Title ever does make a comeback, alliances will crumble and insanity will rule in its place, with an iron fist stronger than any potential Raw General Manager could ever dream of wielding. Whoever will place it around their waist will instantly be painting a target on their back. Everybody will be their enemy. Big, small, Superstar, Diva: all will be potential challengers, ready to pounce to win their own piece of glory.

WWE.com says: Bring back Hardcore havoc!"
Don't really see it as a title that needs to be brought back even though it was fun for a bit there with the 24/7 rule. Despite the article don't think they'll actually bring it back.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Would be a fun addition to NXT with the 24/7 rule

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I miss the Hardcore Title, especially with the 24/7 rules. It's not an important tittle to bring back, but I would mark if it was brought back.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I could see them bringing it back but with PG the weapons would be a lot more tame than before. Mainly trash cans and trash can lids. Not as many tables, kendo sticks or frying pans. I wouldn't mind them bringing it back but only once they have built up proper divisions for all the other titles. After that use it to get the jobbers and midcarders onto the card. It should be a cross brand title and they should have a weekly title match on Superstars each week.

I think that if they brought in the 24/7 rule it would ruin the division and be a waste. Have the title defended in proper matches otherwise it simply gets out of hand and becomes a comedy item rather than a title. 24/7 was great at one point but they would never be able to replicate it and it already ran its course.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i've been watching alot of the 2000/2001 hardcore match as of late, and i would love it if they brought the belt back the belt is not real important at all but i do feel it gives those guys that don't do anything on tv maybe 3-5 minutes of tv time.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It might also give some more importance to a show like Superstars if they have a title match on there every week. It may encourage more to watch it online to see if the match is any good. It would certainly help get a few other guys onto television but it would depend on WWE freeing up some time for them and the title.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Given how weak WWE's hardcore matches generally are, it would be against this idea despite loving the 24/7 rule.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think the issue is is that most of us have seen the matches that occured in the old Hardcore division when the ring was covered in weapons. That won't happen again but a match with a couple of weapons could work well. It would take some getting used to but I think that it could work in the end.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I could see them bringing it back but with PG the weapons would be a lot more tame than before. Mainly trash cans and trash can lids. Not as many tables, kendo sticks or frying pans. I wouldn't mind them bringing it back but only once they have built up proper divisions for all the other titles. After that use it to get the jobbers and midcarders onto the card. It should be a cross brand title and they should have a weekly title match on Superstars each week.

I think that if they brought in the 24/7 rule it would ruin the division and be a waste. Have the title defended in proper matches otherwise it simply gets out of hand and becomes a comedy item rather than a title. 24/7 was great at one point but they would never be able to replicate it and it already ran its course.
Kendo sticks still get used hell a year or so back Cena got beat the fuck out of with one. Tables of course still get used so not sure where you got that from. Esp since WWE has pulled up on some of the PG stuff anyways. Not to mention old hardcore matches used to use lips and trash cans a lot

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I still think that they will be used I just said that "not as many" will be used. The main weapons will be tamer things and we won't see situations of years gone by where they would use a ton of kendo sticks on each other and a ton of tables. Plus normally they won't use a table in a hardcore match because it will be saved for one of the bigger matches. I just don't think it will be as weapon heavy as before and I think that would be a good thing because by the end it was too much.