WWE Booking Cena to Work SmackDown Again

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I'd rather they made that Ryback's feeding ground, Cena and Punk on Raw whilst he's on SD. It would stop them overworking John also.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
That's why he should be on SD to build him into that IMO, don't see the point in overworking Cena with another show tbh.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It just shows how thin the roster is in terms of successful talent. I'm not even sure you can make someone a draw now if you just have them on SmackDown, that show is dissolving into the abyss.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
They need to build Ryback on RAW a bit and then move him on to Smackdowns live shows when he is a proven draw.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
It just shows how thin the roster is in terms of successful talent. I'm not even sure you can make someone a draw now if you just have them on SmackDown, that show is dissolving into the abyss.

Simply paying attention to it will do that, Raw gets all the focus from the E so gets all the focus from the fans.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
They need to build Ryback on RAW a bit and then move him on to Smackdowns live shows when he is a proven draw.

What's the point then? You have someone established on number 1 then shift them to what will always be the 2nd brand? Brock, Cena and JBL were all built on SD so why can't they do it again?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Seabs said:
What's the point then? You have someone established on number 1 then shift them to what will always be the 2nd brand? Brock, Cena and JBL were all built on SD so why can't they do it again?

SmackDown needs a complete revamp and needs to be separated from RAW again. I'm not saying it's impossible to create a star on SmackDown in general -- because it's not -- but at the moment with the current product and how SmackDown is I would say it is incredibly hard and borderline impossible.

The reason Cena is on SmackDown now again is due to low attendances. The logical solution would be to improve SmackDown; not just shove Cena there to get sales.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Sure, instead of building new stars just overwork Cena. One day he's going to be severely injured and they're screwed.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Agree with last two posts.

So here's my question.... is he going to be on the recordings as far as what they show on TV, or just there for a dark match or something for the attending audience?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
GrammarNazi82 said:
Agree with last two posts.

So here's my question.... is he going to be on the recordings as far as what they show on TV, or just there for a dark match or something for the attending audience?

Just Dark Matches to raise attendance numbers.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Just Dark Matches to raise attendance numbers.

Good deal. Still stupid logic by WWE that they think that'll work long-term, but as long as I don't have to see him when I do watch SD I'm alright with that.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I don't think they believe it'll solve the problem in the long run, they just don't care about the long run.