WWE and Yahoo! Announce Content Partnership

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Big news from the WWE front, as the company announced on Monday that it is teaming up with Yahoo! to give fans even more content than they currently receive.
The announcement happened during Yahoo!'s Digital Content NewsFrontconference in New York City and featured WWE notables Stephanie McMahon and The Big Show.
According to WWE.com the partnership involves:
Yahoo! will be the premier global video distribution partner for WWE, with a dedicated hub on Yahoo! for all WWE content. Beginning summer 2013, the following WWE content will be available on Yahoo! globally:
  • Monday Night Raw pre-show: A 30-minute, pre-show to each new Monday Night Raw will be exclusive to Yahoo!.
  • Original programming: Two weekly series of 50 episodes per year will be produced exclusively for distribution on Yahoo!.
  • Premium archive: Yahoo! will have exclusive access to WWE archives of historical full matches, shows, highlights and other events.
  • Additional live events: Yahoo! will air live, pre-show content for every pay-per-view event.
  • Clips from current TV programming: Clips from all WWE television programs will now be available on Yahoo!.
Keep in mind that this isn't the first time that these corporations have joined forces. Back in December Yahoo! was revealed as the exclusive live streaming host for theWWE produced Rolling Stone's 50th Anniversary concert. Ultimately, I must assume that the initial partnership went off without a hitch otherwise this mega-deal would probably not be in place.
That being said, I have to wonder where YouTube stands in all of this, as the WWE set-up a similar deal about a year ago with the Google based company. The main difference between the deals was a pay-per-view pre-show vs. a Monday Night Rawpre-show.
Another thing to consider is the WWE's production team seems to be stretched pretty thin as it stands. So with more content coming out of Connecticut one would think that the company would be hiring people in order to ensure this new content is up to snuff.
Any way you slice it; this is a pretty big deal for the WWE. Overall, it gives them some more mainstream credibility and promotes the "Sports Entertainment" brand, with the main focus obviously being on the entertainment side. This move also gives them a bigger web presence and allows a broader reach to new and current viewers. Which is something that should prove beneficial, considering many people have shifted their TV viewing to convenient on-demand services like Hulu and Netflix.
In the end, I can't blame the WWE for making these types of deals. Especially considering moves like this are the reason behind the company's success and longevity.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1623117-wwe-news-wwe-and-yahoo-announce-content-partnership

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Explains why I've seen a lot of WWE related shit on my Yahoo.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Yahoo has great things to offer but don't think WWE needs Yahoo, there are other better ways to make WWE look better as YouTube that in my opinion is a million times better than Yahoo but Yahoo has a lot of services than Youtube...

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry I don't understand NERD

:pipebomb: !