WWE and non American wrestlers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Maybe it's just lazy booking to do with it. It's much easier to just let a character roll on with stereotype then to actually think of a creative gimmick for them, and with the stereotype gimmick it works for them(not saying it draws) because it "supposedly" comes natural. I think that they should be more diverse about their gimmicks, I think it's stupid to label all of them with stereotypes instead of being creative and giving them a gimmick that could be all around, like a monster gimmick, a rich gimmick, or anything. Of course I don't really think it's bad to add nationality to the gimmicks, like a Swiss rich gimmick, a monster African gimmick and whatnot, it's still adding something else, other then just being stereotypical.

I think they should step down on using to many stereotypes. It's not going to draw them in(unless it's something like Eddie and Chavo's gimmick) unless it's their home country, and WWE is mostly in the US, so they should also focusing on helping them get over, over here.

Zack Ryder

The Artiste
Reaction score
Didn't Sgt. Slaughter have an anti-american gimmick at one point?

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Yeah. He was an Iraqi sympathizer when WWF tried to cash in on exploiting the Gulf War in '91. It drew nothing but "change the channel" sort of heat.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Yes, once the heat was gone. He obviously wasn't gonna stay like that forever (the Iraq War ended shortly after he turned heel anyway.)

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Playing to their 'Murrican crowd and being lazy as Farooq said would be the most plausible explanation, yes.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
This is true. I've wondered the same thing. It's weird, I guess Vince just isn't open to it. Which makes sense, he hasn't seen a movie in like 20 years. His way of thinking is very strange. This is probably how he thinks?

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
My two cents on this since WWE caters to kids a lot, it is a worrying trend as it kind of informs wrongly about how ppl are in the rest of the world. It's kinda of like propaganda for kids encouraging the big ol US of A and debunking all other nations.

Reaction score
Why is layla british but gets announced as from Miami florida????? I don't get it