WWE and AEW in a bidding war for the Beast Incarnate Brock Lesnar

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
We do realize that not only did Raw have its worst ratings in history while Lesnar was champ, he actually had the lowest rated segment in 27 years of Raw? The Raw was averaged 1.9 million viewers and then fell to 1.5 million during Lesnar's segment.

Saying Lesnar has always been a draw is not accurate. He definitely has drawing moments, but he also has times when he tanks ratings.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
And those five games would be the most watched games on television and bring in the most money regardless of quality.
LeBron's absolutely, unless you count those red hat snowflakes. LeBron is a big name and I'm not even a LeBron fan. However do you ever see Brock advertising for Beats headphones? How about Brock Lesnar sneakers?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Brock doesn't really do much for his price. Imagine if Lebron James only played 5 games the whole year and got an MVP award?
This is the fight business. The less matches you have and the more money you draw is the bigger star you are. Dont compare the fight Business to other sports.

Reactions: Deadmanforever97

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
This is the fight business. The less matches you have and the more money you draw is the bigger star you are. Dont compare the fight Business to other sports.
Fight business? This isn't boxing or mma. This isn't even ameteur wrestling, it's a work, if anything basketball is a good comparison. Harlem Globetrotters? Incredible athletes but all worked

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Fight business? This isn't boxing or mma. This isn't even ameteur wrestling, it's a work, if anything basketball is a good comparison. Harlem Globetrotters? Incredible athletes but all worked
I'm of the opinion that wrestling is closer to the arts then sports but if you insist on comparing it to a sport then its mma or boxing. Why the fuck would you compare it to basketball lol? You are promoting a fake fight just like you promote a real fight. Boxing has literally stolen iff the wrestling business for years now. Same with MMA. The promotion game that boxing and mma do now is out of the wrestling hand book. Wrestling IS the fight Business. Gorgeous George ring a bell?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Cant believe man thinks that mma and boxing isnt a work lol

• Haha
Reactions: Tyler2

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Cant believe man thinks that mma and boxing isnt a work lol
I'm sure a good amount of fights are fixed. My example was more about athleticism and marketability. LeBron really is the modern athlete that jumps out the most at me right now. I could've probably used another athlete. I'm just saying given Brock's price tag and the return WWE is getting just on him isn't worth it. I mean LeBron did McDonald's commercials at one point in his career as did Michael Jordan, you really think they eat that stuff as much as the average consumer? Put Brock in a McDonald's commercial acting tough and this is the result

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I'm a huge Brock fan but yeah gotta say, if he is only gonna have 4 or 5 matches a year that ain't worth the money he's asking for.
To be honest I think this will change his schedule. If not drop him like a bad habit

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I can't see it working out for either company.

As someone who got hyped up for his matches during his 2017-2018 Reign of Terror, in WWE he's a total anti-draw. As big as his matches felt, they didn't deliver at all when he wasn't in there with a web darling. Him winning one of the most interesting MITB matches really solidified Vince is afraid of his roster, at least a decade since we've been more invested in their success than "BIG STAR GO RAWR". Even after he wasted the Streak (HOW), his current character still feels like Vince's pet who never shows up and barely gives effort.

In AEW, I don't know how well he would do in the ring, how well he would mesh with the roster. Lol @ him vs Mox again. But it goes against AEW's entire business model. We're rooting for you as the promotion by the talent, for the talent. You can sign guys like Moxley and Jericho and let them flourish with creative freedom, but buying big names for the sake of buying big names is such a WWE move. Don't be WWE.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
If Tony Khan wants lesner he will get him, honestly i do think AEW would benefit from having someone like lesnar, like it or not lesnar is incredibly well known compared to everyone in AEW minus sting perhaps.

AEW isnt WWE, they arent held back by terrible creative, they arent stupid enough to waste brock and i have full confidence that if AEW got brock and heyman, they would have a great use for brock and in the end it would be a huge win for AEW. unlike WWE i have complete faith in their ability to use brock to elavate their own talent to a new level and bring a ton of new eyes to AEW.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Having Brock on your roster is like having a condo in South Central LA it ain't worth shiz as New Jack would say