WWE: A Strong Response

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestleWizard

Reaction score
WWE: A STRONG RESPONSE
The Backstory

Following The Day 1 Premium Live Event last night Vince McMahon surprisingly resigned from CEO of World Wrestling Entertainment and therefore will step down as the creative head as well. With this shocking turn of events just in time for Wrestlemania season, the WWE have been forced to take the company in a different direction, starting immediately.

Nick Khan will fill in as the CEO and Chairman of World Wrestling Entertainment. Paul “Triple H” Levesque will take over as Head of Creative with the official title; Chief Content Officer.

WWE Hall Of Champions

RF5uY_SDuCkdan17mxHQWM3XR7xkfyJAc8SdkM9i2ASvGMoI8N-mAchwQ39dfnLG4L6Auro_4txTgcrEhELTqdix5BpyJFnn8E-fqqb-jvQ5U746eLmyHMIGuKSFfUtT4_qzPQOH2_yfCKEUUjfRsZg

Universal Champion:
Roman Reigns
AUG 30, 2020-PRESENT

uu1RKBVU5RVi_k7vbm5JNwjKpoBnwdd6fp-ju7YxOxKZPNwD4ek7Iq8PaaiOPjz2vMZzH5BFBxZJ7a-xO_5IVhNkS-7KBN2rBdK7XfQBFcDO50-CC5Ni2oQHieTh4szhw5s3u32hVm7eM1FFy6b8DKI

WWE Champion:
Big E
SEP 13, 2021-PRESENT

uX_AnD-ckFHcQgLlvZ95DqqCHmYCI7lwM60rMnOSdZA46j2htsEjzl43g236GzzIzKdvkP4Hc71mqmnxZ0sfeFOWgBu_seF0u84_BzqeMyDDV5YhPqpE0KPv8t-A-e8AnRsKawCsj9fP8dQZG1NWON0

United States Champion:
Damian Priest
AUG 21, 2021 - PRESENT

9HwFEypLGvpEO7Yd-w1tecGUn_LGZgfgVwYLWMNN2v97uMJ4KovZY_Mgk2AuUz4EEDyLMoskWFZUajZf41z9o7fP80iqvsEBOgvuOGKTCqEcE1n3wiztpfnjLhGDCTOHCu4ADX3jWfnuRW9v86jGZNc

Intercontinental Champion:
Shinsuke Nakamura
AUG 13, 2021 - PRESENT

nkvUNVZ_OJYXV9vma2U0q12_yXuSfM9hKYwdw5UjP9q3j_1NABHxnM7BrEvb4XuTLLLQvRXL7VuuxGTHCEEdllpN2HM1cT4doi6-z_8qZBP8BdLG3emaK867jbOcWZfCZTHZFZx8b6RjbsUOso127m0

Raw Tag Team Champions:
RKBRO
AUG 21, 2021-PRESENT

qoW85t4FKhMpmN6Hotz07g3q-xcEeALzDRmrrGSmGMRp74e4F_wmvF-PGQCRoEgpqrUvdQsO59SWL19uzZFQnKs9E9dnfTVjSl8XqayeObhqkOi3-Yg0L8SrOn2Oo5jJCnO-AoYNayLtfMqBWEC1_L8

Smackdown Tag Team Champions:
The Usos
JUL 18, 2021-PRESENT

ktSL-ddNnW2fH80GY_XUYefGT6Z-B9vaT5ETFTuimibEWD8zi9IhaU8bfp6Xx4kERh3m8C0CbgAFd9C_EiZ2NeYutY1uGVBkjsDaYs2Y5Y3a8vCep2Z8JaGytkfR01uY4ipC852zWuiD28swOYugaPw

Raw Women's Champion:
Becky Lynch
OCT 22, 2021-PRESENT

qNU7fjtEDsTo6lxONkQZbRTNg40u7tRl1RH3mdK9shrNWDhnEe1HibopoWH7n5zAxnCYfB4mWc3yw481BungzdfkIUqBCTePRH8KBnIP-q5f5oYHfzg37NE1AKXs8EgxayaxJp1sb9nVxJl9ucZ2MkU

Smackdown Women's Champion:
Charlotte Flair
OCT 22, 2021-PRESENT

fNtAIOGdtzXRgpanQs__Z7IrXzFYVSCny2NM23dEAHtvLeIeQ2xmwLnVQ8auLnrsHOFkx1St-_U1hKc3ehMA3it6ts8OIVPlzyus4vrZhZyaXiHlaKg9GjHfZz0Y5UsERUJ97V6Wmhhf0wUEOHm182k

WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions:
Carmella & Queen Zelina
NOV 22, 2021-PRESENT

RAW ROSTER

AJ Styles
Akira Tozawa
Alexa Bliss
Angelo Dawkins
Apollo Crews
Austin Theory
Becky Lynch
Beth Phoenix
Bianca Belair
Big E
Bobby Lashley
Brock Lesnar
Carmella
Cedric Alexander
Chad Gable
Commander Azeez
Corey Graves
Damian Priest
Dana Brooke
Dolph Ziggler
Dominik Mysterio
Doudrop
Edge
Finn Bálor
Kevin Owens
Liv Morgan
MVP
Maryse
Montez Ford
Nikki A.S.H
Omos
Otis
Queen Zelina
R-Truth
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Rhea Ripley
Riddle
Robert Roode
Seth Rollins
Shelton Benjamin
Sonya Deville
T-BAR
Tamina
The Miz
Veer Mahaan

SMACKDOWN ROSTER

Adam Pearce
Aliyah
Alyse Ashton
Angel
Cesaro
Charlotte Flair
Drew Gulak
Drew McIntyre
Erik
Happy Corbin
Humberto
Ivar
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Jinder Mahal
King Woods
Kofi Kingston
MACE
Madcap Moss
Mansoor
Mustafa Ali
Naomi
Natalya
Pat McAfee
Rick Boogs
Ricochet
Ridge Holland
Roman Reigns
Sami Zayn
Sasha Banks
Shanky
Shayna Baszler
Sheamus
Shinsuke Nakamura
Shotzi
Sonya Deville
Xia Li

Below are the DAY 1 Event Results.
*Notice some changes I've made. Mainly Roman and Brock match goes on as originally planned, therefore going back to the scheduled fatal four way for the WWE Championship.

2Bv3vC6Bdzcfnfn1TrjRAbSxbQ8mW6E7H8BStz69f7U4nTHPlQSHmUXInsJ4J2A7FCy0WtbH6nmVOWhc8CDKpXAEJihx4VZ0vxiwyj-9Bx5zT9U6eZJleOfD4BqduGke0DBslarw1uGVT28TFXQUsSk

Smackdown Tag Team Championship
Usos def. New Day

Drew McIntyre def. Madcap Moss

Raw Tag Team Championships
RK-BRO def. Street Profits

Edge def. The Miz

Raw Women's Championship
Becky Lynch def. Liv Morgan

WWE Championship
Big E def. Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens and Bobby Lashley

Universal Championship
Roman Reigns def. Brock Lesnar
*Heyman turns on Lesnar

PREMIUM LIVE EVENT SCHEDULE

uJu8560Qs0-Q5ooVMWpOputv7gCFKXyy1mJzDCg47Q3XKHOlQO-3kQQs7c7qjNG0HMFMuEZoPPwbiL_nGkDQFdZBmwLh_HmIAf_PWixqd71e7sHatHf_a1T-mFG-LXqcyLQPXESfYP_f1_VykMwqqiY

ROYAL RUMBLE
January 29th, 2022

lDGBgMUWTCyYkTSnQq1NvBqqBCI0h2M7DdyQCocadIcYGRDrxlMiZlNwTZJUZzpO4plIZFYqkfi35waWjOkZxId9Vk_d7DdP_6_RM4Ju7XNwQWN87-6RAzLZ0QTLdh8HqYq5_lOPvqCHwB3A6rf1_ZM

ELIMINATION CHAMBER
February 19th, 2022

n7lr3zgP9nszmbw6cpEZiLBX6GDwMNFer_Zt_QwrUq95znjw5vLriZvF3PpkzRCZ1fEsXtKf8Gt8Ywij6HZSqm_2d1ClVqY3krSQ9_fW2ZZlPH88KCm2a6PKUOml0WVjU_pvDQ_XPn552Pao112_e-w

WRESTLEMANIA 38
April 2-April 3 2022

Last edited:

The ScapeDubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Interesting premise. Immediately glad to see Big E still holding the title instead of dropping it to Lesnar. And you have a chance to fix the atrocity that was the 2022 Royal Rumble. Good luck with this!

WrestleWizard

Reaction score
Interesting premise. Immediately glad to see Big E still holding the title instead of dropping it to Lesnar. And you have a chance to fix the atrocity that was the 2022 Royal Rumble. Good luck with this!
Thanks Dub J. Definitely want to fix a few things that I thought could've been improved especially with the Rumble and on the Road to Wrestlemania.

Joey Bananas

Reaction score
Looks like it'll be quite interesting. Best of luck, I'll be reading for sure!

JDBengal

Reaction score
Very excited for this. I wasn’t watching regularly during last year, just keeping up with it through Twitter and reddit. So I’m excited to have a fresh opinion on your booking.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Stojy

Reaction score
No idea if anybody from the old WF days will remember, but man the title of this BTB made me think of Nige... Anyway I'm old and will stop reminiscing now. Keeping the title on Big E is a good start. Looking forward to seeing how the road to Mania differentiates and hopefully betters what happened in real life.

Good luck.

Reactions: Joey Bananas

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
No idea if anybody from the old WF days will remember, but man the title of this BTB made me think of Nige... Anyway I'm old and will stop reminiscing now. Keeping the title on Big E is a good start. Looking forward to seeing how the road to Mania differentiates and hopefully betters what happened in real life.

Good luck.
What a throwback that is.

Good luck with the thread, will be checking out.

WrestleWizard

Reaction score
Thank you all for the excitement about my brand new BTB. I plan on writing Raws and Smackdowns in more of a recap format like shown with my first show but still detailed enough to get the story across. Premium Live Events will be posted in detailed full starting with the Royal Rumble.​

MONDAY NIGHT RAW
Monday JANUARY 3, 2022
Greenville, SC

We immediately cut to Adam Pearce in his office backstage. Pearce smiles and welcomes everyone to Monday Night Raw. Pearce announces a huge triple threat match taking place tonight between the three challengers that took on Big E in the Fatal Four Way match last night, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens and Bobby Lashley with the winner facing the WWE Champion at the Royal Rumble. Pearce said all three are deserving of another chance to battle for the gold and only the best man will win and move onto a title opportunity. We transition to ringside as Jimmy Smith, Corey Graves and Byron Saxton welcome us to Monday Night Raw.

“Metalingus” hits over the sound system as both Edge and his wife Beth Phoenix exit gorilla and appear on the stage area to a deafening reaction. The announcers hype this mixed tag team match due to the happenings of Day 1 when Beth Phoenix returned to fend off Maryse. Leading to Edge defeating the Miz.

Speaking of the Miz, “I came to play” hits as the positive reaction turns downright negative as the Miz and a gorgeous Maryse make their way to the ring as Miz locks eyes with Edge and points at him and then points at Beth. Miz and Maryse slowly get into the ring but then retreat as soon as Edge and Beth go after them.

Mixed Tag Team Match
Edge & Beth Phoenix vs. The Miz & Maryse

Maryse and Beth Phoenix began the match, but Maryse rolled out of the ring and ran away from the Hall of Famer, tagging in The Miz to force a change. After Maryse helped her husband get the upper hand on Edge, The Miz continually taunted Phoenix on the apron as he picked apart The Rated-R Superstar with kicks.

The Glamazon finally got her hands on Maryse, overpowering the former Divas Champion and nearly earning the pin before Miz dove in for the save, resulting in Phoenix picking up The A-Lister and slamming him into the corner. With the ref trying to get The Miz out of the ring, Maryse smashed her purse across the back of Phoenix’s head for a near-fall.

After slipping out of Maryse’s grasp and tagging in Edge, Phoenix climbed back into the ring to powerbomb Miz before Edge came flying in with an elbow for a two-count. Using some underhanded techniques, The It Couple divided and conquered with Maryse hitting a French Kiss on The Glamazon and a hurricanrana off the top rope on Edge.

The Miz and Maryse went for a double Skull-Crushing Finale, but Phoenix popped up to save Edge with a Spear to Maryse before joining her husband for a double Spear to Miz and an in-stereo Glam Slam to give The Grit Couple the victory.

Winners: Edge and Beth Phoenix

After the match both Edge and Beth Phoenix have mics and BOTH make their intentions known that they will be in their respective Royal Rumble matches. Beth says that she wants to win the Women’s Championship one final time before she hangs it up. Edge says that he plans on winning the Royal Rumble for the second time in his career and punching his ticket to Wrestlemania. “It doesn’t matter who is wwe champion or Universal Champion come Wrestlemania time, I plan on walking out of Wrestlemania 38 with the title around my waist.” Edge and Phoenix toss the mics as “Metalingus” plays once again as Edge and Beth Phoenix made their presence known, not just in the match itself but both stating that they will be entered into the Royal Rumble match.

Commercial Break

Randy Orton is backstage when Riddle walks up to him. Orton asks where the hell he’s been as they have a match tonight. Riddle is wearing a lot of bling. Riddle says it was awesome hanging out with Migos at WWE Day 1. He says they should start their own rap group. Orton can be “Little Ran-dawg.” Orton makes Riddle give him the sunglasses and big chain. Orton doesn’t know how Riddle has all these connections with celebrities, but Orton wants to know about the New Year's Resolutions they talked about. Riddle says they talked about going to the Grand Canyon and other things, but he also has to listen to Orton more. Orton says when Riddle listens and takes things seriously they are the best tag team on planet earth and hence they retained their titles at Day 1 and now they will retain tonight against Alpha Academy who earned a tag team title match a few weeks ago on Raw.

United States Championship
United States Champion Damian Priest (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

Damian Priest had to keep his cool at all costs in this United States Championship rematch against Dolph Ziggler. The rules stated that Priest would lose his title if he was counted out or disqualified, but the champion was able to keep his “Damian” side in check and triumph over The Showoff, despite interference from Robert Roode, when he connected with his wicked Reckoning for the win.

Winner: Damian Priest

Damian gets his hand raised as Roode grabs a mic and challenges Priest to a match next week on Raw for the United States title. Priest just nods as Priest's music hits. Huge title match made for next week, Roode vs. Priest!!!

Commercial Break

Raw Tag Team Championships
Alpha Academy vs. Raw Tag Team Champions RK-Bro

The highly-anticipated tag team title match between Alpha Academy’s Otis & Chad Gable and RK-Bro’s Randy Orton & Riddle ended with Matt Riddle nearly costing RKBRO the Tag team titles, when Gable countered an RKO attempted by Riddle by pushing Riddle directly into Randy Orton, knocking him off the apron. This led to a massive Powerslam by Otis by only got a two count when Riddle put his foot on the bottom rope. Orton tagged in when Riddle knocked his partner off the ropes and Gable or Otis didn’t notice and this led to a RKO out of nowhere by Orton and he pinned Gable for the victory. RKBRO’s reign goes on but barely.

Winners and still Raw Tag Team Champions: RKBRO

Orton is handed both titles as Riddle slowly gets to his feet. Orton stares a hole right through Riddle and tosses him his title and slides under the ring as Riddle looks confused. The announcers say that Orton might be getting tired of Riddle almost costing them matches as it doesn’t look like Orton is pleased.

Sarah Schreiber is backstage with Bobby Lashley and MVP. MVP says it’s going to take a herculean feat to beat Kevin Owens, and Seth Rollins tonight to go on to face Big E at the Royal Rumble. MVP walks off. A seething Lashley is shown as we go to break.

Commercial Break

Video Package: Becky Lynch defeated Liv Morgan to retain the Raw Women’s Championship at WWE Day 1

Big Time Becks kicked off 2022 gloating about her victory over Liv Morgan at WWE Day 1 to remain Raw Women’s Champion. This drew the ire of Morgan, but it also caught the attention of Bianca Belair, who began to go back and forth with Morgan as to who truly deserves the next opportunity at Becky Lynch’s title.

The tension spilled over when Belair and Morgan knocked Big Time Becks out of the ring and proceeded to square up and come to blows with each other. This left Lynch the opening she needed to leave both aspiring challengers down, hitting an exclamatory Manhandle Slam on Belair to start her new year off right.

Seth Rollins is backstage when Kevin Owens walks up to him. Owens says they should keep to their plan. One of them can win. The other can help one person win at the Royal Rumble. Then the WrestleMania match will be between them. Rollins asks if he can trust him. Owens says he can. Rollins says it’s a great plan and walks off. Owens wonders if Rollins is lying as we go to break.

Commercial Break

Adam Pearce is on the phone and then hangs up when the MAN comes into view. Becky asks Pearce what he wants. Pearce said that he just wanted to inform Becky Lynch that next week Bianca Belair will take on Liv Morgan with the winner fighting Becky for the Raw Women’s Championship at the Royal Rumble. Lynch complains as Pearce tells her to have a great night.

WWE WOMEN’S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Carmella & Queen Zelina vs. Rhea Ripley & Nikki A.S.H.

Rhea Ripley & Nikki A.S.H. had one more chance to redeem themselves as they challenged Carmella & Queen Zelina for the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship. The champions expectedly tried to expose The Almost Superhero as the “weak link” of her team, and their strategy proved successful when Zelina rolled up A.S.H. to keep the titles right where they are.

Winners: Carmella & Queen Zelina

After the match Rhea Ripley and Nikki ASH are seen arguing back and forth as Nikki goes to leave the ring Ripley pulls Nikki back towards her and nails a HUGE clothesline. Ripley hits the RIPTIDE to lay out her former partner.

Commercial Break

Back from break we are shown the betrayal that happened between Rhea and Nikki. Backstage now, Sarah Screiber catches up with Rhea Ripley about her actions and why she attacked Nikki like that. Ripley said Nikki is a loser and she doesn’t associate herself with losers. Ripley then declares that she is in the Women’s Royal Rumble match and plans on winning it and going to Wrestlemania.

The Street Profits vs. Apollo Crews & Commander Azeez

Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford started their night off by declaring themselves entrants in the 2022 Royal Rumble Match, and then they got to work in tag team action against former Intercontinental Champion Apollo Crews & Commander Azeez. It was a good night to be the Profits as they overcame their competition when Ford delivered an awe-inspiring Frog Splash to Crews to seal the victory.

Winner: The Street Profits

Commercial Break

The Mysterio’s are backstage. Rey Mysterio says he and his son, Dominik, will be in the Royal Rumble match.

WWE Champion Big E sit down interview with Michael Cole
Michael Cole sits down with the WWE Champion Big E and discusses all the events that have happened since becoming champion, the cash in. Big E describes it as surreal and that a guy like himself isn’t necessarily champion material to the higher ups but the fans made it happen. The fans wanted a guy like me as their champion so all he had to do was find a moment where I could cash in and I did and here I sit as WWE Champion. Cole mentions the defeat he had at Survivor Series to Roman Reigns and asks Big E how do you get over a loss like that to another top champion in the WWE. Big E said that he respects Roman but that loss stings still to this day. That loss propels him to put in the work to improve and guarantees that one day him and Roman will meet again. Cole talks about tonight's triple threat match and who he wants to face at the Royal Rumble. Big E said it doesn’t matter who wins tonight, he has experience with each of these guys from Day 1 and that he will retain his title and go onto Wrestlemania as WWE Champion and will leave Wrestlemania as WWE Champion.

Omos vs. AJ Styles

The former Raw Tag Team Champions finally went toe-to-toe as AJ Styles faced the tall task of battling his former personal colossus, Omos. In what could possibly be the upset of the year already, AJ Styles managed to defeat Omos after knocking down the tree trunk of a human being with a phenomenal forearm and then a 360 splash for the 3 count.

Winner: AJ Styles

Styles is asked in the ring by Kevin Patrick how it feels to pull perhaps the upset of the century. Styles said "It feels like i'm on top of the world. I taught Omos alot but AJ Styles is phenomenal and I proved that tonight." Kevin Patrick asks Styles whats next for him. Styles declares for the Royal Rumble and says he will win and then go onto main event Wrestlemania.

Commercial Break

A eerie video package promo featuring Karrion Kross and Scarlett from NXT is shown showing the dark side of Kross and Scarlett. The video ends with Kross saying "Soon you all will FALL and PRAY". Karrion Kross COMING SOON shows as the announcers put him over and asking what havoc will Kross and Scarlet cause on Monday Nights?

NEXT WEEK ON RAW
US Title Match: Damien Priest vs. Bobby Roode
Rhea Ripley vs. Nikki A.S.H
WWE Champion Big E LIVE
#1 Contenders match: Bianca Belair vs. Liv Morgan

Bobby Lashley vs Kevin Owens vs. Seth “Freakin” Rollins in a Triple Threat Match to earn a WWE Championship opportunity against Big E at the Royal Rumble

WWE Champion Big E was shown periodically looking on intently backstage as his three opponents from WWE Day 1 battled it out to earn the next title opportunity at Royal Rumble. Bobby Lashley, Kevin Owens and Seth “Freakin” Rollins went to war and brutalized one another in an incredibly intense main event that culminated with The All Mighty hitting Owens with a massive Spear but Rollins threw Lashley out of the ring and pinned Owens to pick up the victory and set himself up for a showdown with Big E for the WWE Title at Royal Rumble.

Winner: Seth Rollins

After the match, Lashley gets angry as you can see multiple veins in his head. All of a sudden CARMELO HAYES AND TRICK WILLIAMS drag Kevin Owens out of the ring and start beating on him as Lashley looks on. MVP is giving orders as Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander of the Hurt Business hop the barricade and join in on the beatdown of Owens. Lashley sees all this and goes and stops the men from attacking Owens and asks “What the hell are you guys doing”. He tells them to stop as MVP tells Lashley to do right thing. Lashley pauses for a moment and stares back at MVP as MVP winks and Lashley gives him a smirk as he stares at all 4 men. Lashley tells all the men around to lift Owens up which they do and Lashley lifts OWENS UP AND SLAMS HIM THROUGH THE ANNOUNCERS TABLE. Lashley, Hayes, Williams, Benjamin and Alexander are shown fist bumping one another as MVP has his cane and smirks as he shakes Lashley’s hand as Raw goes off the air.

Royal Rumble Card
January 29th, 2022
St. Louis, MO

Men's Royal Rumble Match
Confirmed Entrants: Edge, Rey Mysterio, Dominik Mysterio, AJ Styles, Montez Ford, Angelo Dawkins

Women's Royal Rumble
Confirmed Entrants: Beth Phoenix, Rhea Ripley

WWE Championship
Big E (c) vs. Seth Rollins

Last edited:
Reactions: RatedRKBRO

WrestleWizard

Reaction score
Friday Night Smackdown
January 7, 2022
Hartford, CT

Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns came face-to-face
In what no one saw coming at Day 1, Paul Heyman finally made his allegiance known and chose to align himself with the tribal chief Roman Reigns. Roman Reigns retained the Universal Championship against Brock Lesnar. Both men were in the building Friday Night but before Lesnar got involved, Reigns and Heyman gloated and taunted beating the “old beast” Heyman’s words, not mine. Heyman said it was easy to align himself with the tribal chief because he only advocates for the best and Roman Reigns is the best thing going in WWE. Brock Lesnar is the beast of old and Roman Reigns CONQUERED Brock Lesnar last saturday at Day 1.

This brings out the Beast Incarnate and he has some words. Tells Heyman to shove it and that all those years were wasted. Lesnar said he isn’t done with Roman by a longshot and wants another shot at the Universal Championship. Reigns declines and Heyman tells Brock to go home, he doesn’t need to be here, he doesn’t need the money, he doesn’t need to get humiliated again by Roman Reigns. Lesnar grabs a hold of Heyman but Reigns comes in and SPEARS LESNAR!!! Sonya Deville, who administers Smackdown temporarily, says that Lesnar getting another shot actually sounds like good business. She mentions how Lesnar was screwed at Day 1 and how it wasn’t a clean victory by any means. She makes the match official for the Royal Rumble.

Commercial Break

Sami Zayn is backstage as he is asked about his Intercontinental Championship match against Shinsuke Nakamura tonight. Sami says it has been over a year since he was robbed of his Intercontinental match. He says Nakamura is dodging him and don’t get him started about Boogs which Zayn refers to as a gorilla with a guitar. Sami vows to end Nakamura's stranglehold on the Intercontinental Championship and then will enter the Royal Rumble and win that to go main event Wrestlemania. Zayn leaves as he gets ready for his title match which is the first match of the night.

Intercontinental Championship
Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn

After earning the opportunity to challenge Shinsuke Nakamura for the Intercontinental Championship in a 12 Days of Christmas 12-Man Gauntlet Match, The Master Strategist went one-on-one with the Intercontinental Champion, Shinsuke Nakamura. Looking to dethrone the champion.

Zayn and Nakamura took a page out of their playbook from NXT Takeover Dallas and gave a 5 star classic tonight to the great crowd of Hartford, Connecticut. Zayn played to his cheating ways. Nakamura was going for a kinshasa but Zayn LOW BLOWS NAKAMURA while the ref was busy with fixing a turnbuckle Zayn had taken down right before. This led to Zayn hitting a blue thunder bomb for the win. What a 15 minute classic to kick off Smackdown

Winner and NEW Intercontinental Champion: Sami Zayn

Kayla Braxton is backstage with Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston. Kayla tells them tonight is their final opportunity to win the SmackDown Tag Team championships. Woods says a street fight has no rules. Kofi says they will give them the beating of a lifetime. The New Day say that they will become the new WWE SmackDown Tag Team champions and the New Day will all have gold because “NEW DAY ROCKS”.

Commercial Break

Charlotte’s Championship Open Challenge

SmackDown's Women's Champion Charlotte Flair came before the WWE Universe and cut right to the chase. She wants a fight and doesn’t think there is any woman brave enough to come out and lose to the queen. Silence rings out in the arena. Charlotte laughs and says that she will even put her championship on the line to the next person who walks through the curtain.

Naomi emerged and challenged Charlotte for the Smackdown Women’s Championship tonight on Smackdown. Charlotte laughs and said if you thought she was serious you have to be the most gullible person on the planet. Charlotte says where has Naomi been? Charlotte calls Naomi second fiddle especially in her own relationship. This causes Naomi to slap Charlotte. Charlotte goes for a retaliation punch but Naomi ducks and bounces off the ropes and comes back and hits Charlotte in the face with a REARVIEW!!!! Charlotte rolls out of the ring as Naomi looks on signaling that the Smackdown Women’s Championship will one day be all hers.

Commercial Break

Happy Talk w/Madcap Moss; The Viking Raiders vs. Madcap Moss & Baron Corbin

After helping Happy Corbin launch a vicious 2-on-1 sneak attack that injured Drew McIntyre at WWE Day 1, Madcap Moss emerged on the latest episode of "Happy Talk" dressed up like The Scottish Warrior in order to have a few laughs at his expense.

The Viking Raiders did not take too kindly to the joke, though, and decided to try and put an end to the wisecracks by Happy Corbin & Madcap Moss. Madcap ended up on the losing end when the Raiders hit Moss with a suplex/leg drop combo. Corbin walked out of the match near the end.
Winners: The Viking Raiders

Adam Pearce is backstage on a call when Naomi interrupts and says that she wants a shot at Charlotte and the Smackdown Women’s Championship. Adam Pearce says if Naomi can find a partner next week and beat a team with Charlotte and a partner of her choosing then she will earn a future championship match. Naomi smiles and says i’ve got just the partner…..In comes SASHA BANKS into the picture. Pearce smiles and wishes Naomi the best of luck next week.

Commercial Break

Corbin was asked why he walked out on Madcap and Corbin said nothing against madcap he just needed to rest and didn’t wanna injure himself ahead of the Royal Rumble where he plans on winning. He hopes Madcap understands and plans to make it up to him. Corbin leaves in a limo that looks eerily similar to JBL’s limo from back in the day.

NEXT WEEK ON SMACKDOWN
- Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar Royal Rumble Contract Signing
- Sami Zayn’s Championship Celebration
- Naomi & Sasha Banks team up to take on Charlotte Flair & a partner of her choosing

Smackdown Tag Team Championships
The Usos vs. New Day in a SmackDown Tag Team Title Street Fight

In a turbulent SmackDown Tag Team Title Street Fight, titleholders Jimmy & Jey Usos and their longstanding rivals Xavier Woods & Kofi Kingston fought tooth and nail, incorporating several weapons throughout the harrowing encounter. In the final moments, The Usos proved they were "The Ones" when they delivered 1D through a table for the victory.

Winners and STILL Smackdown Tag Team Champions: The Usos

Despite the brutality of the match, nothing raised as many questions as what came after. Roman Reigns was watching the main event in his locker room alongside Paul Heyman when BROCK LESNAR broke in and tackled Roman Reigns. All hell breaks loose as Lesnar and Reigns club each other as Heyman gets out of harm's way. Lesnar spears Roman through the locker room drywall. Security and wwe officials arrive as Lesnar and Reigns remain down. Smackdown goes off the air.

Royal Rumble Card
January 29th, 2022

St. Louis, MO

Men's Royal Rumble Match
Confirmed Entrants: Edge, Rey Mysterio, Dominik Mysterio, AJ Styles, Montez Ford, Angelo Dawkins, Baron Corbin, Sami Zayn

Women's Royal Rumble
Confirmed Entrants: Beth Phoenix, Rhea Ripley

Universal Championship
Roman Reigns (c) vs. Brock Lesnar

WWE Championship

Raw Women's Championship
Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Belair/Liv Morgan

The show may seem shorter due to the Intercontinental title match and the Tag Team title street fight eating up alot of time!!​

Last edited:

WrestleWizard

Reaction score
Monday Night Raw
January 10, 2022
Philadelphia, PA

A New Hurt Business is Formed
Right off the bat to kick off Raw Bobby Lashley, alongside Shelton Benjamin, Cedric Alexander, MVP, Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams making their way out to the ring to heavy boos from the Philly faithful. A video package shows the carnage caused last week by these five men at the expense of Kevin Owens. MVP announced a new force has been created and it's a new and improved HURT BUSINESS!!! MVP introduces Carmelo Hayes, and Trick Williams. MVP got the hurt business back together for one reason and that is to collect all the gold on Raw and take over the WWE. MVP goes down the list of each member of the Hurt Business…..Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander, savvy, agile, athletic and all around force to be reckoned with in the tag team division. OUR NEW Blood, Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams. “What can’t these studs do? These young men are gonna be the youth of the Hurt Business. They are gonna keep everyone on their toes and ascend to become champions of their own one day. And my man, the Almighty Bobby Lashley.” MVP says he got screwed over at Day 1 and last week and that Lashley should be WWE Champion right now. Lashley speaks now and says that he and the Hurt Business sent a message to Kevin Owens and the entire wwe locker room that if you get in their way they will run through you. Lashley announces that he will be in the Royal Rumble and vows to win the whole match and will go onto Wrestlemania and destroy whichever champion he wants. AJ STYLES interrupts to a huge reaction.

Styles chants galore as Styles welcomes the applause. Styles said that everyone has heard enough from the Hurt Business. Styles said that the attack on Owens last week being 5 on 1 was pathetic and wouldn’t call it dominating anyone. Styles says that he isn’t gonna let the Hurt Business run roughshod around this place. Styles said obviously he can’t fight all 5 of them at once that's asking for a night in the hospital but he has some pals that wouldn’t mind picking a fight. THE OC returns to WWE. KARL ANDERSON and LUKE GALLOWS are here as they join Styles on the stage area and slowly make their way to the ring. MVP laughs and says there's 5 of them and only 3 of you. Styles laughs as he and Gallows and Anderson look backwards at the entrance stage. THE STREET PROFITS music hits as Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford make their way out to the ring. The OC alongside Dawkins and Ford slide in the ring as all hell breaks loose inside the ring. 5 on 5 mayhem as Styles pairs with Lashley, the OC takes on Benjamin and Alexander and Dawkins and Ford pair with Hayes and Williams as fight breaks out outside the ring and into the crowd. Security eventually comes and breaks it up alongside Adam Pearce as we go to break.

Commercial Break

Adam Pearce is backstage and announces that tonight we will have two matches. One a Six Man Tag Team match pitting Styles, Gallows and Anderson against Bobby Lashley, Benjamin and Alexander and also Street Profits taking on Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams in a non title match.

United States Championship
Bobby Roode vs. Damien Priest
Back to back title defenses for Damian Priest but he is the one who accepted the challenge from Bobby Roode last week. Roode mad that Priest beat his buddy Dolph Ziggler last week, made a challenge for a title match this week. Ziggler and Roode ambushed Priest before the champion could even get in the ring. After a few minutes of dominating Priest on the outside. Eventually the match begins.

Roode had control for most of the match until Priest grabbed momentum by avoiding a splash in the corner. Roode suffered the same fate as Ziggler did last week as Priest hit the reckoning for the win.

Winner and still United States Champion: Damian Priest

Kevin Patrick is in the ring and asks Priest how he feels to have successful back to back title defenses. Priest said it just proves that no one can stop the reckoning, no one can touch Damian Priest. Priest says he is gonna win the Royal Rumble and go to Wrestle….AUSTIN THEORY blindsides Priest. Theory grabs the US title and hits Priest in the face with it. Theory tells Patrick that he is the future of the WWE and at the Royal Rumble he will win the Royal Rumble match. But in the meantime he will win the United States Championship from Damien Priest and build his future Hall of Fame resume.

A video highlighting Finn Balor’s accomplishments is shown and at the end Finn announces his spot in the Royal Rumble Match and his intention on main eventing Wrestlemania.

Commercial Break

Nikki A.S.H vs. Rhea Ripley
This match was built on Rhea Ripley's betrayal of her former tag team partner and so-called “friend” Nikki A.S.H. Nikki went right after Ripley when the bell rang and it seemed to catch Ripley off guard as Nikki landed some good shots. Ripley however was too much for the almost superhero as Ripley hit riptide for the win in short order.

Winner: Rhea Ripley

Ripley stood tall over Nikki A.S.H as Rhea grabbed Nikki’s mask and ripped it off and threw it down on the mat.

Backstage Rey and Dominik are chatting as Rey teaches him Rumble technique and the strategy to last in the Rumble just in case Dominik has to start early. Alpha Academy interrupts and says how cute it was that the father was helping his son but knows that the first chance he gets Rey will dump Dominik over the top rope. Rey doesn’t like what Gable has to say and a match is made between Chad Gable and Rey Mysterio for tonight.

Commercial Break

Carmelo Hayes & Trick Williams vs. The Street Profits

Hayes and Williams make their Raw debut tonight against a great team in the Street Profits and both teams are looking to prove themselves within the division and for Hayes and Williams, to prove to the Hurt Business that they made the right move in choosing them to be apart of the group. These teams stole the show with the 10 minutes they had but it was the cleverness of Hayes that dodged a Frog Splash from Ford and Hayes rolled up Ford for the win with the help from the middle rope.

Winners: Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams

A replay is shown from last week when Matt Riddle almost cost Orton and himself the tag team championships against the alpha academy.

Back live and Orton and Riddle are shown watching the replay everyone else watched. Orton talks to Riddle and tells him why he was frustrated at the end of the match. Riddle says he will do better and that he’s sorry but asks if they are still best buds. Orton thinks about it and then grins and hugs Riddle. “Of course we’re bros. Just want to make sure we are both on the same page.”

Commercial Break

# 1 Contender’s Match for the Raw Women’s Championship
Bianca Belair vs. Liv Morgan

Two of Raw’s top women battling for a chance to face Becky Lynch at the Royal Rumble for the Raw Women’s Championship. Lynch was at commentary scouting her two possible competitors and berated both of them during the match and said that neither of these women can hold a candle to her and at the Royal Rumble she will beat whoever she steps in the ring with. Meanwhile, these two women, Belair and Morgan put on a great match and showed why they earned this spot here tonight.

Becky got involved however as she got on the apron and yelled at both competitors but Belair and Morgan knocked her off the apron. Morgan yelled at Lynch on the outside but Belair took advantage of this distraction and hit Morgan with the KOD for the win.

Winner: Bianca Belair

Belair and Lynch face off as Belair signals that the championship will be hers at the Royal Rumble.

Commercial Break

MIZ TV w/Big E & Seth Rollins
The Miz who is trying to forget his loss to Edge and Beth Phoenix last week immediately says he will get his revenge on Edge in the Royal Rumble match and will main event Wrestlemania once again. The Miz welcomes his two guests tonight who are opponents at the Royal Rumble first Seth Rollins. Rollins comes out looking dapper as always in a yellow suit. The Miz next welcomes the WWE Champion, Big E. The WWE comes out and him and Rollins meet in the center of the ring in a staredown as the Miz says this is a no fighting show. This is all about the gossip. The Miz throughout the segment tried to get under each guys skin and having them turn on one another. It all ended with Big E tossing the Miz out of the ring leading to Rollins attacking Big E from behind with the WWE Championship knocking Big E down. Rollins nailed a curbstomp to the mat. Rollins raises the WWE Championship staring down at a fallen Big E as he says the title will be his at the Royal Rumble.

Commercial Break

Omos vs. Local Competitor
Before this match a backstage vignette is shown with Omos entering the Rumble and guaranteeing victory. After getting upset last week by his former tag team partner, AJ Styles, is angry and out for blood and unfortunately for a local philadelphia wrestler Omos took it out on him. Omos made quick work of Luke Gomez as he hit a double handed chokeslam for the win to get Omos back on track.

Winner: Omos

Commercial Break

Rey Mysterio vs. Chad Gable
All started with a backstage confrontation earlier in the night and ended in an entertaining match between Rey Mysterio and Chad Gable. Gable and Mysterio both used their quickness to their advantage. Gable focused on mat wrestling while Rey Mysterio focused more on the high flying moves throughout. Otis destroyed Dominik near the end of the match leading to Otis being ejected from ringside. This distracted Rey however for Gable to hit a german suplex for a close 2 count.

Gable went for an ankle lock but Rey reversed and sent Gable into the ropes and Rey hit a 619 and then a frog splash for the win.

Winner: Rey Mysterio

Commercial Break

NEXT WEEK ON RAW
  • Big E/Seth Rollins PICK YOUR POISON (will pick opponents for the other)
  • Carmelo Hayes one on one with Montez Ford
  • Dominik Mysterio vs. Otis

AJ Styles, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. Bobby Lashley, Shelton Benjamin & Cedric Alexander
In a chaotic main event, these 6 men stole the show and ended Raw on a energetic, high note. This match lasted close to 20 minutes and they delivered the goods so to speak. Styles is about to finish off Benjamin as he hits a Phenomenal forearm knocking him out but Hayes and Williams drag Styles out of the ring and toss him into the ring steps. This causes Gallows and Anderson to go at it with Hayes and Williams. Alexander leaps out of the ring with a crossbody taking out all 4 men. Alexander tosses Styles in the ring. Lashley goes for a spear but Styles leapfrogs Lashley and hits a bicycle kick knocking out Lashley. Benjamin grabs Styles and goes for a t-bone suplex but Styles counters into the calf crusher.

Styles wrenches as Benjamin is close to tapping out but again HAYES AND WILLIAMS interfere but this time comes into the ring as this leads to a DQ!!

Winners by DQ: AJ Styles & the OC

Hayes and Williams continue to stomp on Styles but the STREET PROFITS run to the ring and take out Hayes and Williams and both teams battle throughout the crowd and eventually end up back at ringside where Hayes and WIlliams destroy Street Profits with steel chairs. Meanwhile, Styles hobbles to his feet as Lashley SPEARS STYLES to the mat. Alexander and Benjamin hit Anderson with a superkick/T-Bone suplex combo and Lashley SPEARS GALLOWS to the mat. Lashley clears the announce table and POWERBOMBS STYLES THROUGH THE ANNOUNCE TABLE!!!!!! Lashley and the rest of the HURT BUSINESS raise their hands as their destruction on Monday Night Raw continues as Raw goes off the air.

RAW EXCLUSIVE
(Post Show/wwe.com interviews)

• Liv Morgan declared her spot in the Royal Rumble after getting distracted by Becky Lynch. Morgan praises Bianca and hope she kicks Becky's ass but that she plans on going to Wrestlemania and winning the Raw Women's Championship
  • RKBRO confirmed for the Royal Rumble, Orton says its every man for themself in the Rumble match
  • Carmella and Queen Zelina are outraged that they weren't on Raw tonight. Plan on entering the Rumble match and promises to grace everyone with their presence next week

Royal Rumble
January 29th, 2022
St. Louis, MO

Men's Royal Rumble Match
Confirmed Entrants: Edge, Rey Mysterio, Dominik Mysterio, AJ Styles, Montez Ford, Angelo Dawkins, Baron Corbin, Sami Zayn, Finn Balor, Bobby Lashley, Austin Theory, Matt Riddle, Randy Orton

Women's Royal Rumble
Confirmed Entrants: Beth Phoenix, Rhea Ripley, Liv Morgan, Carmella, Queen Zelina

Universal Championship

WWE Championship

Raw Women's Championship
Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Belair​

Last edited:

WrestleWizard

Reaction score
Friday Night Smackdown
January 14, 2022
Omaha, NE

Sami Zayn holds his Intercontinental Championship Celebration

We are kicking off Smackdown with a party, a well deserved one at that as new Intercontinental Champion, Sami Zayn comes out with confetti and balloons and a HUGE cake made in the ring. Zayn gloats and is super over the top celebrating his championship victory. Zayn says that this is step 1 of his plan, as step 2 will be at the Royal Rumble. The celebration turned hostile as Nakamura POPPED OUT OF THE CAKE and attacked Sami Zayn who got taken out with a Kinshasa.

Nakamura also declares for the Royal Rumble and wants another shot at Sami Zayn and the Intercontinental Championship. Adam Pearce later makes it official for NEXT WEEK!!!

Fatal Four Way
#1 Contender for the Smackdown Tag Team Championships
Los Lotharios vs. Viking Raiders vs. Cesaro/Sheamus vs. Jinder Mahal/Shanky
Sheamus announced that since Ridge Holland got injured at Day 1 he went looking and found a perfect partner that matches his style and both men are very familiar with one another. Out comes CESARO!!!! Cesaro joins Sheamus just like the good ol days with the BAR. Sheamus and Cesaro had the same chemistry as they used to have when they were Tag Team Champions. Sheamus and Cesaro claimed victory after Sheamus pinned Shanky after a brogue kick.

The Usos come out and face off with the BAR as the crowd pops big time.

Kofi Kingston announces that Xavier Woods was injured after last weeks match and he doesn’t know when he will be back but he will get back on track and focus on winning the Royal Rumble and creating KofiMania 2. Mustafa Ali comes out and berates Kofi saying that it should’ve been his spot at Wrestlemania 35 and he still can’t get over it. One injury ruined Ali’s life and now Ali is gonna make Kofi’s life a living hell. Ali gets in the ring as we have a match on our hands

Kofi Kingston vs. Mustafa Ali
Both men unleash blows in the early going as the bad blood Ali has had for Kofi has lasted well over 3 years to this point. However Ali maybe went a bit aggressive as Ali missed a phoenix splash and Kofi hit trouble in paradise for the victory.

Royal Rumble Universal Championship Contract Signing
Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns sign on the dotted line for their clash at the Royal Rumble for the Universal Championship. Trash talking occurs between Lesnar and Reigns as well as Lesnar cursing out Paul Heyman for being a sell out. Lesnar wants to up the stakes and have the match at Royal Rumble be inside HELL IN A CELL!!! Reigns and Heyman have a private conversation and then accept but on one condition, if Lesnar loses he will never fight for the Universal Championship ever again as long as Reigns is champion. Lesnar agrees and signs the contract. Reigns signs and both men stare down. Reigns holds the title high in front of Lesnar. Lesnar stares at it and then flips the table onto Reigns. Lesnar grabs Reigns and hits a F-5 to the Universal Champion. Lesnar tells Reigns “SEE YOU IN HELL….CHAMP”

Madcap Moss vs. Ricochet
After last week's fiasco with Happy Corbin leaving mid match and getting into a limo that was really similar to the likes of JBL. Madcap had to refocus as he had a match with the tough Ricochet. JBL’s music hit interrupting the match and out walked Happy Corbin and JBL. They were there for support and cheered on Madcap but this actually distracted him and Ricochet hit a superkick and then a 450 for the win.

Madcap is fuming as Corbin and JBL step in the ring. Moss just passes them by and leaves without saying a word. Corbin and JBL look remorseful but are they? Did they cost Moss on purpose or were they really trying to help.

Naomi & Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte &......RAQUEL GONZALEZ
Charlotte shocked the WWE Universe when she revealed her partner to be NXT’s own Raquel Gonzalez. Naomi and Sasha don’t look flustered as Banks is fighting for Naomi’s chance at a Women’s Championship opportunity. These 4 put on a stellar tag team match, and ended when Naomi countered a figure four into a cradle pin on the Women's Champion for the WIN!!! Naomi will fight Charlotte at the Royal Rumble PPV.

Sasha celebrates with Naomi and raises her hand high…until SASHA NAILS NAOMI WITH THE BANK STATEMENT!!!!!! Crowd completely turns on Sasha as Banks yanks hard on the neck of Naomi as security has to rip Banks off of Naomi. Smackdown goes off the air as Sasha laughs creepily as Naomi is taken out on a stretcher.

Other Notes for Smackdown:​
  • Sasha Banks declared for the Rumble before her tag team main event match; others declared in a video package tonight were, xia li, aliyah, Shayna Baszler, and Natalya​

Royal Rumble
January 29th, 2022
St. Louis, MO

Men's Royal Rumble Match
Confirmed Entrants: Edge, Rey Mysterio, Dominik Mysterio, AJ Styles, Montez Ford, Angelo Dawkins, Baron Corbin, Sami Zayn, Finn Balor, Bobby Lashley, Austin Theory, Matt Riddle, Randy Orton, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kofi Kingston

Women's Royal Rumble
Confirmed Entrants: Beth Phoenix, Rhea Ripley, Liv Morgan, Carmella, Queen Zelina, Sasha Banks, Natalya, Xia Li, Shayna Baszler, Aliyah

Universal Championship
Hell in a Cell Match

WWE Championship

Raw Women's Championship
Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Belair

Smackdown Women's Championship
Naomi vs. Charlotte Flair (c)