Wwe: A New Age Is Dawning

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

gtgooner

Reaction score
WWE 2008 & BEYOND​

This story begins after the WWE pay per view One Night Stand on June 1st 2008, the results were as follows.

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH
JEFF HARDY BEAT UMAGA

SINGAPORE CANE ON A POLE MATCH
BIG SHOW BEAT CM PUNK, TOMMY DREAMER, CHAVO GUERRERO & JOHN MORRISON TO MAKE HIMSELF NUMBER ONE CONTENDER FOR ECW CHAMPIONSHIP

I QUIT MATCH
BETH PHEONIX BEAT MELINA

FIRST BLOOD MATCH
JOHN CENA BEAT JOHN “BRADSHAW†LAYFIELD

STRETCHER MATCH
BATISTA BEAT SHAWN MICHAELS

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH
WWE CHAMPIONSHIP

HHH BEAT RANDY ORTON
“Orton suffers broken collar bone in this matchâ€

TABLES, LADDERS & CHAIRS MATCH
WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

EDGE BEATS THE UNDERTAKER
“Defeat means that The Undertaker is now banished from the WWEâ€

RAW PREVIEW

Less then 24 hours after an Extreme One Night Stand pay per view it seems the “Age of Orton†is officially dead after HHH beat “The Legend Killer†again breaking Randy Orton’s collarbone in the process, what will HHH have to say about disposing of Orton and who will emerge as the next challenger to his throne?

Last night at One Night Stand Batista lived up to his word when he beat Shawn Michaels to a pulp during there Stretcher Match, what is the condition of HBK after that match? Chris Jericho is the man who says he will provide the world with an update tomorrow night on Raw.

Also see John Cena and Jeff Hardy both in the house after impressive wins last night at One Night Stand, for all this and more tune into Monday Night Raw Live.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Sounds good mate.. Posting up roster's would be good, and all that. Hopefully RAW delivers..

gtgooner

Reaction score
RAW

(June 2nd 2008)

“The show opens up with a video package highlighting last nights WWE Championship Last Man Standing Match between HHH and Randy Orton, HHH retaining his Title and breaking Orton’s collar bone in the processâ€

The camera cuts straight to the arena as HHH’S music hits to a huge roar from the crowd and outcomes the WWE Champion.

(JR) And what a way to kick off Monday Night Raw tonight with the WWE Champion, the man who last night ended “The Age of Orton†“The King of Kings†HHH and what an ovation here tonight for “The Gameâ€

(KING) That is the man personally responsible JR for ending “The Age of Ortonâ€, HHH didn’t just beat Randy Orton last night in there Last Man Standing Match he made sure that he put Orton out for a long, long time.

(JR) I don’t think HHH intentionally intended to break the collar bone of “The Legend Killer†Randy Orton, I think HHH was just doing anything it took to win and retain his WWE Championship.

HHH stands in the middle of the ring with a microphone in hand as the crowd chants his name

(HHH) It’s official ladies and gentleman, “The Age of Orton†is officially dead, infact more then that after last night at One Night Stand it is like “The Age of Orton†never even existed.
You see last night I proved what I always say that I am “The Gameâ€, that I am the yard stick in this industry today, I am the best of the best, the king of kings and there is not a guy in the back who can tell me any different, just ask Randy Orton.

Jeff Hardy’s music hits and out he comes to a great ovation

(JR) Jeff Hardy cutting off “The Game†in mid flow and I hope Jeff has a good reason for coming out here because the WWE Champion does not look very pleased with this interruption.

(KING) I can’t believe Jeff Hardy is even standing tonight after his Falls Count Anywhere war with Umaga last night at One Night Stand.

Jeff Hardy asks for a microphone as HHH looks pissed

(JEFF) HHH first off let me congratulate you for your victory over Randy Orton last night, im sure I speak for all the WWE fans when I say that I am pleased that somebody finally ended “The Age of Ortonâ€.
But now let me reveal the real reason I am out here and it isn’t to tell you how great you are, you see what you say is true, you are the WWE Champion, as we stand here right now you are the yardstick in this industry and hell you maybe the greatest wrestler alive today, but back at Armageddon 6 months ago I beat you HHH, I beat you in a one on one match and you know what I think I can do it again but this time I want to do it for the WWE Championship.

(HHH) Let me get this right are you challenging me Jeff?

(JEFF) I just figured that im due my shot at the richest prize in he game, you have something to prove after I beat you last time out and with a pay per view coming up later this month called “Night of Champions†it seems like the perfect time to have HHH versus Jeff Hardy 2.

Just as HHH is about to answer John Cena’s music hits and out he comes to a thunderous ovation

(JR) Yet another interruption to this heated confrontation and business maybe about to pick up even more because here comes John Cena.

(KING) What the hell does Cena want out here JR; can’t HHH speak without being interrupted?

Cena gets a microphone and stands in between Hardy and HHH

(CENA) Now hold on a cotton picking second, Jeff Hardy is right HHH he did beat you in a one on one match last year, now you call yourself the best in the business, “The King of Kings†but can I also remind you that in the one match you had with me in the main event of Wrestlemania two years ago I made you tap out.

HHH squares up to John Cena

(CENA) Hold on HHH calm down because all im trying to do out here is establish the facts, you see you maybe the greatest wrestler in the world today but right now you are standing in the ring with two guys who you haven’t beat, now seeming as Jeff Hardy is out here asking for a WWE Championship shot at “Night of Champions†I thought why shouldn’t I come out and stake my claim as well, because lets face facts HHH that WWE Championship belt you have over your shoulder is the same WWE Championship belt I never lost.

(HHH) Isn’t this great, isn’t it nice to here you both out here telling me why I should give you WWE Championship shots at “Night of Champions†but now let me tell you why I shouldn’t give either of you a damn thing, lets start with you Cena, sure you never lost the WWE Title in the ring, you got taken out with an injury and that’s a real sad story but you had a chance to regain this Title at No Way Out, you had a chance to regain this Title at Wrestlemania and you had a chance to regain this Title at Backlash, that’s three chances John and you know what you blew them all.
Now what about you Jeff you say you deserve a shot because you beat me once 6 months ago, I say you don’t deserve a damn thing because when you were in the middle of hottest streak of your career you got yourself suspended and not only let yourself down but you let this company down, do you know what it takes to be WWE Champion Jeff, do you realize the sacrifice and dedication it takes every day to be the best, to be the man, quite frankly Jeff I don’t think you have it in you to be the WWE Champion.

As all three men look set to go at it MR McMahon appears on the titantron and demands the attention of HHH, Cena and Hardy

(MR MCMAHON) Hey all three of you listen to me and listen real good, I see the three of you out there arguing over who deserves what but what you need to remember is that there is only one man in the WWE Universe who decides who deserves what and that is me MR McMahon.
So tonight here is what we are going to do, right there in that very ring we are going to have a match pitting Jeff Hardy versus John Cena and the winner of that match tonight will go onto “Night of Champions†to face HHH for the WWE Championship.
But that’s not all you see tonight’s match between Jeff Hardy and John Cena is going to have a special guest referee and that man will be the WWE Champion HHH.

Hardy and Cena turn to look at HHH who has a smug smirk on his face

(KING) I think that announcement has made HHH very happy JR, HHH has Jeff Hardy and John Cena’s WWE Championship destiny’s in the palm of his hand.

(JR) HHH has the ability if he so wishes to hand pick his own opponent for “Night of Champions†here tonight, but who does “The Game†want to defend his Title against, Jeff Hardy or John Cena?

The show goes to break with HHH walking up the ramp smiling as he leaves Cena and Hardy staring at each other in the ring.

COMMERCIALS

As Raw comes back to air Cade & Murdoch’s music hits and out they come to the boo’s of the crowd

(JR) Former World Tag Team Champions Cade & Murdoch making there way to the ring as Trevor Murdoch gets set for some one on one action here tonight.

(KING) It‘s great to see these two men back together and on the same page after there recent problems, because Cade & Murdoch in my opinion are one of the best tag teams in the history of Monday Night Raw.

Lance Cade grabs a microphone and wants to address his partner Trevor Murdoch

(CADE) Trevor after our recent disagreements I wanted to come out here tonight and give you a gift, I wanted to hand you an opportunity to shine and show all these fans just how great you really are and how lucky I am to have you as a tag team partner.
So what I have done is secure you a marquee match against a marquee talent so that you can show the whole world how great Trevor Murdoch is, so without further ado please welcome your opponent tonight “The Samoan Bulldozer†Umaga.

Umaga’s music hits and out he comes as Trevor Murdoch stands in the ring with a stunned look on his face

(KING) Remind me to never let Lance Cade by me a Christmas present

(JR) Lance Cade’s present to his partner Trevor Murdoch is a match with Umaga?
I don’t think this is the kind of gift Trevor Murdoch was expecting, to have to go one on one with “The Samoan Bulldozer†Umaga is many things but a gift is not a word I would use to describe it.

(KING) But is Trevor Murdoch getting Umaga at a good time after his grueling falls count anywhere match last night with Jeff Hardy.

(JR) As brutal as that match was last night at One Night Stand Umaga doesn’t look like he is suffering any residual effects, if anything I think that defeat at the hands of Jeff Hardy may make Umaga even more fired up then usual.

Cade W/ TREVOR MURDOCH VS UMAGA

The bell rings and the always ready to brawl Trevor Murdoch lays straight into Umaga with big right hand shots, Murdoch backing “The Samoan Bulldozer†into the corner but Umaga doesn’t take long to fight back out of it flooring Murdoch with a huge right hand uppercut, Umaga dragging Murdoch up as Murdoch is still unsteady on his feet after that huge shot, Umaga sending Murdoch off the ropes and Umaga scoops Murdoch up onto his shoulders and delivers a devastating Samoan drop, what athleticism and power there by Umaga, Umaga drags the limp body of Murdoch up again and Umaga drives that Samoan Spike right into the throat of his opponent, Umaga covers Murdoch 1, 2, 3 and the massacre is complete.

(KING) How devastating is Umaga JR, he just totally dominated Trevor Murdoch and Murdoch is a former World Tag Team Champion.

Lance Cade gets in the ring and begins to help his partner Trevor Murdoch to his feet, Murdoch still on dream street leans on Cade for support but suddenly Cade pushes Murdoch away and nails him with a huge clothesline.
Lance Cade stands over the body of his partner as the crowd boo

(JR) What the hell is that all about, that’s your partner Cade?

(KING) I can’t believe what we are seeing JR, was this all a set up by Lance Cade, have we just seen Lance Cade turn his back on Trevor Murdoch?

(JR) It seems the partnership of Cade & Murdoch is no more after this vile and calculated attack by Lance Cade, what a shocking moment we have just witnessed on Monday Night Raw, the break up of a very successful tag team right in front of our eyes.

Lance Cade makes his way back up the ramp smiling as he leaves Trevor Murdoch groggy and laid out in the ring

Backstage Todd Grisham is with the Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho

(GRISHAM) Chris Jericho last night at One Night Stand we all saw you at ringside trying to will Shawn Michaels on during his Stretcher Match with Batista, your efforts were not enough to help HBK win but some fans are questioning why you were even out there cheering on Shawn Michaels given the rocky relationship between you and Shawn over recent weeks here on Raw?

(JERICHO) Todd I wouldn’t expect a guy like you to understand why I was out there last night trying to help Shawn Michaels, you see despite the few disagreements me and Shawn have had and despite the fact we don’t always see eye to eye what me and Shawn Michaels have always had for each other is mutual respect, I respect what he has done in this industry and he respects what I have done in this industry, last night even in defeat Shawn Michaels showed heart, he showed guts and that’s why I went out there and tried to help HBK win because I respect him for that.
Now I told the world I would give an update on Shawn Michael’s condition tonight and I will all in good time. But before that I have a match with Snitsky and I would like to go on record as saying that I dedicate my match tonight to Shawn Michaels, thank you Todd.

COMMERCIALS

As Raw comes back to air the World Tag Team Champions Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes are already making there way to the ring ready for a non-title match

(KING) We are about to see the World Tag Team Champions Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes in action right now and how effected do you think the Champions have been JR by these threats from Raw’s newest young star Ted Dibiase?

(JR) I think Ted Dibiase the son of “The Million Dollar Man†Ted Dibiase has come to Raw looking to make a name for himself on the back of our Tag Team Champions, I think Hardcore Holly is too experienced to let that effect his partnership with Cody Rhodes but saying that Holly and Rhodes have not been on the greatest of runs of late here on Raw.

Cryme Tyme’s music hits and outcomes Shad & JTG to a great ovation

(KING) Hide your wallets and jewelry JR its Cryme Tyme.

(JR) What an opportunity for Cryme Tyme tonight to put themselves back in the World Tag Team Title picture with a win over the Champions themselves Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes.

NON-TITLE

HARDCORE HOLLY & CODY RHODES VS CRYME TYME

The bell rings and it will be Cody Rhodes and Shad to start this match off, Rhodes and Shad locking up in the centre of the ring and it’s Shad with his big size and power advantage over Rhodes who shoves Rhodes back first into the corner of the ring, Cody Rhodes didn’t like that and here we comes charging out of the corner but he walks right into a big boot by Shad, Shad makes the early cover 1, 2 and Cody Rhodes just kicks out, Shad drags Rhodes up and sends him off the ropes, Shad setting up for the backdrop but he telegraphs it and Cody Rhodes counters with a high knee to the face of Shad, here comes Rhodes off the ropes again and it’s Rhodes now who puts Shad down with a stunning drop kick to the face, Rhodes covers Shad 1, 2 but Shad powers out on the count of two and now Cody Rhodes tags in the other half of the World Tag Team Champions, the veteran Hardcore Holly, Hardcore Holly tying up with Shad in the centre of the ring but it’s Shad who applies a head lock to Holly and takes him over to the Cryme Tyme corner where he tags in his partner JTG, JTG going straight up top as Shad holds Holly in place and JTG off the top takes Hardcore Holly out with a cross body, JTG with the pin on Hardcore Holly 1, 2 but Holly kicks out, JTG now dragging Hardcore Holly up and JTG hits a hard knife edge chop across the chest of Holly, here comes JTG off the ropes but Holly counters with a kick to the gut, Hardcore Holly now setting JTG up for a power bomb and he hits it, Holly with the cover 1, 2 but incomes Shad to break up the count and save his partner from defeat.

As Hardcore Holly can’t believe he hasn’t won the match with that move on the ramp down comes Ted Dibiase who instantly grabs the attention of Holly and Rhodes, Holly invites Dibiase down to the ring to fight but from behind JTG is up and he rolls Holly into a small package 1, 2, 3 and Cryme Tyme win it off the distraction from Ted Dibiase.

(JR) Credit Cryme Tyme for the win but there is no doubt that the young man Ted Dibiase has just had a huge impact on the way this match went down.

As Holly and Rhodes look livid Ted Dibiase gets on the microphone

(DIBIASE) So it seems that your losing run continues Champs and that’s not the greatest news considering what I am about to tell you, you see next week in that very ring I am going to make my Raw debut in a match, not any match though it will be a tag match and it will also be for your World Tag Team Championships, you see next week it will be Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes against me and a partner of my choice and let me tell you when I reveal who my partner is the look on both your faces will be just like me priceless.

(KING) What an announcement by that young superstar Ted Dibiase that next week he will makes his in ring debut in a match for the World Tag Team Titles.

(JR) But who the hell will Dibiase’s partner be, we could have new tag team Champions next week King.

COMMERCIALS

As Raw comes back to air we see a video package showing Beth Phoenix’s win over Melina last night in an I Quit Match

Beth Phoenix’s music hits and out she comes to a mixed reception

(KING) The awesome sight and presence of “The Glamourzon†Beth Phoenix JR and have you ever seen any WWE Diva do what Beth Pheonix did last night to fellow Diva Melina in that I Quit Match at One Night Stand?

(JR) Beth Pheonix sent out a message last night in my opinion and that message was that she is without a doubt the most dominant Diva in the whole WWE today, im not sure if the WWE has ever seen anyone like “The Glamourzon†Beth Phoenix before.

Maria’s music hits and out she comes to a huge ovation

(KING) What a reaction for Maria here tonight but how intimidated must she be going into this match after watching Beth Pheonix make Melina scream I quit last night at One Night Stand.

(JR) Maria has certainly improved here in ring skills over recent months but Beth Pheonix is in a whole different world, the main objective for Maria tonight may just be to survive.

BETH PHEONIX VS MARIA

The bell rings and Beth Pheonix and Maria stand face to face, Pheonix with a hard slap across the face of Maria and now Pheonix grabs Maria by her arm and sends her off the ropes, Beth Pheonix goes for the clothesline but Maria ducks it and as Pheonix turns around she walks right into a huge standing spin heel kick from Maria right in the head, Maria with the cover for a huge upset 1, 2 but Beth Pheonix just kicks out in the nick of time, Maria now with the wind in her sails drag Beth Pheonix up by her hair, here comes Maria off the rope again but this time Beth Pheonix explodes with a huge clothesline that nearly takes Maria out of her boots, Maria may be cold out and now Beth Pheonix locks in this disabling submission hold that made Melina scream I quit last night at One Night Stand, Maria frantically screaming that she quits but the sick Beth Pheonix won’t break the hold.

Suddenly down runs Melina to make the save but as Melina rolls into the ring Beth Pheonix releases the hold and dives under the bottom rope to safety on the outside

(KING) Look at the look in Melina’s eyes JR, she has come here for revenge tonight but she may not get it because Beth Pheonix is getting the hell out of dodge.

(JR) The hell cat Melina has her eyes fixed on “The Glamourzon†Beth Pheonix and after the pounding Melina took last night I am quite surprised she wants some more of Beth Pheonix.

(KING) Your right JR I mean is there any Diva out there who can stop this Beth Pheonix’s sheer dominance here on Raw, I think she may be untouchable.

Melina helps Maria to her feet as Beth Pheonix poses on the ramp to the crowd’s displeasure

Backstage Women’s Champion Mickie James is warming up watching what just went down in the ring when up behind her walks MR Kennedy

(MICKIE) Ken are you ok there?

(KENNEDY) Mickie I feel great but when tonight is over I will feel even better, you see tonight it’s me and you Mickie teaming up to take on those English weasels Paul Burchill and his sister Katie Lee, now I know that you want to get your hands on Katie just as much as I want to get my hands on Burchill so lets make sure that tonight we sends both of them packing to the same place I sent William Regal, back home to blighty and out of our business.

(MICKIE) That sounds like a very good idea.

COMMERCIALS

[
I]On this night superstars can become legends
On this night Champions can be dethroned
It’s a night of opportunity
It’s a night of immortality
[/I]
It’ a Night of Champions

As Raw comes back to air the team of Paul London and Brian Kendrick are making there way to the ring.

(JR) The team of London & Kendrick making there way to the ring and what a team these two are King, they were Smackdown Tag Team Champions for one year and they can certainly be regarded as one of the most exciting tag teams in WWE history.

(KING) London & Kendrick are pure electricity JR and im surprised this team hasn’t won the tag titles here on Raw yet.

Santino Marrella’s music hits and out he comes with his partner Carlito

(JR) And here comes the duo who call themselves the WWE’S international superstars, Carlito and Santino have certainly developed into a surprisingly successful unit over recent months here on Raw and they will look to chalk up another win here tonight against London & Kendrick.

(KING) Santino and Carlito are a great example of two singles stars molding together and making a team and I am surprised they have been as successful and cohesive as they have been considering both men have huge egos.

LONDON & KENDRICK VS SANTINO & CARLITO

The bell rings and it will be Carlito and Brian Kendrick to start this tag team match off, Carlito trying to lock up with Kendrick but Kendrick takes away the legs of Carlito with a sweeping kick, Kendrick diving on top of Carlito to make an early pin 1, 2 but Carlito kicks out to avoid an embarrassing defeat so early on in the match, Brian Kendrick has all the early momentum as he drags Carlito up and sends him off the ropes, Kendrick going for a clothesline but Carlito ducks it, Carlito off the ropes again and this time Kendrick takes him down with a huge arm drag, Kendrick with the cover again 1, 2 but again Carlito kicks out, Kendrick dragging Carlito arm first over to his corner and now Kendrick tags in his partner Paul London, Kendrick holds Carlito in place while Paul London goes up top and here comes London with a flying cross body into a cover 1, 2 but this time incomes Carlito’s partner Santino Marella to break up the pin, Paul London not happy at Santino getting involved there and Paul London invites Santino back into the ring to fight, Paul London calling Marella out but from behind Carlito is up and he takes Paul London down with a shot to the back of the head, Carlito laying his boots into Paul London and now Santino Marella wants to be tagged in the pick the bones of the fallen Paul London, Carlito makes the tag and here comes Marella mounting Paul London and opening up on him with hard forearm smashes to the face, Santino Marella now showing off to this crowd but out of nowhere London rolls Marella up into a small package 1, 2 and Marella only just kicks out, Marella stunned by that counter and now Marella comes off the ropes and he takes Paul London out with a huge baseball slide kick to the face, Marella with a cover of his own 1, 2 but this time incomes London’s partner Kendrick to break up the count, Santino Marella furious that Kendrick might have just stopped him winning the match and Santino confronts Kendrick only to be met head on by a big right hand, Marella stunned by that shot and he walks right into a spin heel kick by London that nearly takes Santino’s head off, Paul London with the cover 1, 2, 3 and London and Kendrick have won it.

(KING) What a win for London & Kendrick JR over the team that calls themselves the International Superstars of the WWE.

(JR) London & Kendrick with a huge win tonight on Raw and what could that do to put the former WWE Tag Team Champions back on track.

As London & Kendrick celebrate up the ramp Marella and Carlito remonstrate in the ring blaming each other for the defeat, eventually Santino Marella storms out of the ring leaving Carlito on his own

(JR) All does not seem well in the relationship between the international superstars Santino Marella and Carlito here tonight on Raw.

(KING) This is not good JR; could we be witnessing the end of the Carlito/Santino tag team?

In the back we see Chris Jericho walking in the corridors making his way towards ringside

(JR) Ladies and gentleman there you see the Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho and when we come back we will see Jericho versus Snitsky one on one.

COMMERCIALS

As Raw comes back to air we see Snitsky already in the ring ready for action

(JR) Welcome back to Monday Night Raw and there you see the disgusting and devastating Snitsky ready to inflict pain on the Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho.

Chris Jericho’s music hits and outcomes “Y2J†to a huge cheer

(KING) And here comes the man who has been surrounded in controversy the last few weeks here on Monday Night Raw, Jericho seems to have been caught in between this Shawn Michaels/Batista feud and Jericho was right there last night at One Night Stand trying to will HBK on in his eventual defeat to “The Animal†Batista.

(JR) Chris Jericho certainly seemed to be concerned for Shawn Michaels last night at One Night Stand but right now Jericho needs to be concerned for himself because he is about to go one on one with Snitsky.

(KING) And lets not forget JR, Jericho said he is dedicating this match to Shawn Michaels who it looks like he has so much respect for after there epic battle at Judgment Day last month.

NON-TITLE

CHRIS JERICHO VS SNITSKY

The bell rings and here we go as Snitsky charges at Jericho scooping the intercontinental Champion off his feet and smashing him back first into the corner of the ring, Snitsky now driving those big shoulders right into the gut of “Y2J†and Snitsky grabbing Jericho by the arm Irish whips him from one corner of the ring to the other with huge impact, Jericho holding his lower back after smashing into that turnbuckle pad and here comes Snitsky with a big kick to the side of the head putting Jericho down, Jericho may be out cold and Snitsky makes the cover 1, 2 but Jericho just gets his shoulder up, Snitsky dragging Jericho up and Snitsky sets up for a suplex but Jericho blocks it, Snitsky with a knee to the gut of Jericho and he goes for the suplex again but again Jericho blocks and somehow he counters with a suplex of his own driving Snitsky into the canvas, a groggy Jericho up to one knee trying to get back in the match and here he comes spring boarding off the middle rope to hit the Lion Sault on Snitsky, Jericho hooks the leg 1, 2 but this time it’s Snitsky that kicks out, Jericho dragging Snitsky to his feet and he sends Snitsky off the ropes, Jericho goes for a clothesline but Snitsky ducks it and Snitsky off the ropes puts Jericho down with a huge shoulder barge, Snitsky with a cover 1, 2 but Jericho kicks out, Snitsky furious at the referee here, he thinks the ref was counting too slow but no amount of moaning is going to change his decision, Snitsky needs to get his mind back on the match but as he turns around Jericho sweeps his legs away and locks in “The Walls of Jericho†on Snitsky, “Y2J†has Snitsky in big trouble here as he locks it in good and Snitsky has to tap out to the Intercontinental Champion, Jericho wins it.

(KING) How many times have you seen that JR, Snitsky being made to tap out?

(JR) Snitsky isn’t the first and he won’t be the last to tap out to “The Walls of Jerichoâ€, what we have just seen is a great match and a great win for the Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho.

Chris Jericho asks for a microphone

(JERICHO) Now I know what you all want to hear is an update on Shawn Michaels after his brutal defeat last night at the hands of “The Animal†Batista so that’s exactly what I am going to give you, you see after the injuries suffered last night in his Stretcher Match against Batista HBK could not be here tonight but next week he will be back and he will be back on my show, because next week live on Raw Shawn Michaels will get his chance to talk to the world when he is my special guest on “The Highlight Reelâ€.

(KING) Wow JR, next week live on Raw “The Heart Break Kid†Shawn Michaels will be special guest on “The Highlight Reelâ€.

(JR) It will be very interesting next week to see Chris Jericho asking HBK some interesting questions, ladies and gentleman next week Shawn Michaels returns.

COMMERCIALS

As Raw comes back to air Paul Burchill’s music hits and out he comes with his sister Katie Lee Burchill

(JR) This Brother and Sister duo from Chelsea, England have made quite an impact since arriving on Monday Night Raw and they seem to have certainly taken offence to MR Kennedy since he got fellow Brit William Regal fired as General Manager of Raw.

(KING) I have been nothing but impressed with Burchill and Katie Lee the past few weeks and I suppose you have to admire there loyalty to William Regal.

(JR) I don’t admire there loyalty to William Regal and I certainly don’t think MR Kennedy does either.

MR Kennedy’s music hits and out he comes with his tag team partner Women’s Champion Mickie James

(KING) And what a duo this has the potential to be JR; you have the amazing Women’s Champion Mickie James and the man with the loudest mouth in wrestling MR Kennedy.

(JR) MR Kennedy has been on fire since he returned to Raw a few weeks back and this feud between him and Paul Burchill has really seemed to fire Kennedy up to a level I don’t think we have seen before since he came over to Raw last year.

MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH

MR KENNEDY & MICKIE JAMES VS PAUL BURCHILL & KATIE LEE

The bell rings and it is going to be Kennedy and Burchill who can’t wait to get at each other to start this match off, Kennedy and Burchill locking up but Burchill with a knee to the gut of Kennedy creates separation, Burchill backing Kennedy up into the corner of the ring and he throws a big right hand but Kennedy ducks it and turns the table throwing Burchill into the corner, what a counter there by Kennedy and now Kennedy opens up on Burchill with big right hand shots, Burchill rocked by this Kennedy offence and Kennedy grabs Burchill by the arm and Irish whips him hard from one corner of the ring to the other sending Burchill crashing back first into the turnbuckle pad, Burchill down to the canvas holding his back and across crawls Kennedy to make the cover 1, 2 but Burchill kicks out, MR Kennedy so intense tonight drags Burchill up and sends him off the ropes but Burchill with a big clothesline takes Kennedy nearly out of his boots, Burchill drags Kennedy up and tries to send Kennedy off the ropes but Kennedy holds on to the top rope, Burchill now is going to try and clothesline Kennedy over the top and out of the ring but Kennedy lowers the top rope and sends Burchill flying to the outside, what quick thinking there by MR Kennedy and he now tags in Women’s Champion Mickie James, that tag automatically brings Katie Lee into the match but look at Kennedy grabbing hold of the top rope and spring boarding himself over the top right onto Paul Burchill, Burchill and Kennedy brawling on the outside but inside Mickie and Katie Lee are the legal wrestlers and Katie Lee stuns Mickie with a big kick to the head, Katie Lee covers the Women’s Champion 1, 2 but Mickie James just kicks out, Katie Lee can’t believe she hasn’t won the match there and she tells the crowd that now she is going to finish off Mickie James, Katie Lee dragging Mickie James up and setting her up for a DDT but Mickie escapes and counters with a huge swinging neck breaker on Katie Lee, Mickie James with the pin 1, 2, 3 and Mickie James wins it.

MR Kennedy gets back in the ring and hugs Mickie James as Burchill pulls his sister Katie Lee out of the ring and they retreat up the ramp

(KING) Katie Lee thought she had this match won JR but Mickie James once again doesn’t know when she is beat and it’s her who picks up another huge win.

(JR) Mickie James and MR Kennedy with a very successful night here on Monday Night Raw

Backstage we see WWE Champion HHH making his way through the back in his referee’s shirt

(KING) And there is the man JR who will decide the next contender for his WWE Championship right here tonight, does HHH want Jeff Hardy at Night of Champions or does he wants John Cena?

(JR) We will find out next.

COMMERCIALS

As Raw comes back to air WWE Champion HHH is already in the ring posing to the crowd

(JR) Welcome back to Raw and there is the man ladies and gentleman who has John Cena’s and Jeff Hardy’s WWE Championship destiny’s in the palm of his hand tonight, who will go to Night of Champions to challenge “The Game†for the richest prize in the industry, we are about to find out.

Jeff Hardy’s music hits and out he comes to a big cheer

(KING) And here comes the risk taker JR, here comes the man who we know will probably go to any length tonight to earn a shot at the WWE Championship, last night we saw him hit a Swanton Bomb out in a parking lot to beat Umaga in a falls Count Anywhere match so what will Jeff do tonight to win?

(JR) Jeff Hardy has never been a WWE Champion, Jeff has come so close in recent history and I know for a fact that the desire in Jeff Hardy to be a Champion burns so strong you might be right King, Jeff Hardy may risk his life tonight if it earns him another chance at Championship gold at Night of Champions.

John Cena’s music hits and out he comes to a huge reaction

(KING) And here comes one of the most controversial men ever in WWE history and perhaps one of the greatest WWE Champions in this company’s history as well, nobody in this business provokes more of a reaction from our fans then John Cena whether good or bad and Cena looks ready to go again here tonight.

(JR) John Cena was WWE Champion for one year, John Cena lives and breathes to be WWE Champion and he has been on a pursuit to take back what he believes is his since he returned back in January at The Royal Rumble, lets not forget that John Cena never actually got beat to lose his Title, he had to relinquish that belt because of injury and I know that fact still eats John Cena up inside, Cena wants to be Champion again but to earn that chance at Night of Champions he has to find a way past “The Rainbow Haired Warrior†Jeff Hardy tonight.

NUMBER ONE CONTENDER MATCH
WINNER EARNS WWE CHAMPIONSHIP OPPURTUNITY AT
NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS

Special Guest Referee/ HHH

JEFF HARDY VS JOHN CENA

WWE Champion HHH checking both Cena and Hardy to make sure they have brought nothing untoward to the ring and now he is satisfied HHH rings the bell to start this match that will crown the next challenger for his WWE Championship, the atmosphere is electric, there is a big match feel as Cena and Hardy lock up and it’s Cena using his power and size advantage that pushes Hardy backside first onto the mat, the Cena fans liked that but the Jeff Hardy fans didn’t and I don’t think Hardy did either.

(KING) The crowd are completely spilt down the middle JR, both these guys have huge fan bases and im not sure some of the fans here tonight even know who they want to win.

Jeff Hardy back to his feet and Hardy and Cena lock up again, Cena again trying to overpower Hardy but Hardy hits Cena with an uppercut and now Hardy sends Cena off the ropes, Jeff going for a clothesline but Cena ducks it, Cena off the ropes and he goes for a running clothesline but Hardy ducks that, Cena turns back around and Jeff Hardy puts him down with a double footed drop kick, John Cena is down and now it’s Jeff Hardy’s fans who celebrate, the tension here is off the chart, both men have had offence now and Cena gets back to his feet and says to Jeff Hardy “Come on lets fightâ€, Cena and Hardy having a verbal exchange in the centre of the ring and now here we go, Cena and Hardy exchanging right hands, the kid gloves are off and neither man is backing down here with a shot at the WWE Championship on the line, John Cena backing Hardy up with those clubbing shots and Cena sends Hardy off the ropes, Hardy flying off the ropes at pace and Cena takes him down with a huge clothesline, Cena with the cover and down goes HHH to make the first pin fall count of the match 1, 2 but Jeff Hardy kicks out.
John Cena now using all his big match experience to try and take control of this contest as he drags Jeff Hardy up by his multi colored hair, Cena lining Hardy up for another big right hand shot but Jeff Hardy blocks it and hits a jaw breaker on Cena driving Cena’s jaw right into the top of his own head, Hardy has hurt himself there doing that move but Cena may be knocked out and Hardy crawls across to make the cover 1, 2 but Cena kicks out.
Jeff Hardy dragging Cena up and Hardy for the second time in this match hits Cena with a big uppercut, Cena on dream street here as Hardy takes a run up jumps up to the top turnbuckle and then hits the whisper in the wind taking out John Cena, that high risk move may be enough to win Hardy the match as he hooks the legs 1, 2 but Cena kicks out again and Hardy can’t believe it, Jeff Hardy questioning the speed of HHH’S count there but now Hardy is going up top again and he is going to try and end it, the risk taker Jeff Hardy going back to what he knows best and here comes air Hardy with a Swanton Bomb off the top but Cena moves and sends Jeff crashing and burning into the canvas.

(KING) Hardy just went for it all JR and it may have back fired, was that one risk to far for Jeff Hardy.

Hardy splattered across the canvas and across crawls Cena to make the cover 1, 2 but Hardy kicks out, Cena can’t believe it, this crowd can’t believe it, somehow, someway Jeff Hardy is still in this match, John Cena like Jeff Hardy before him taking issue with the count of HHH and look at Cena get in the face of the WWE Champion, Cena and “The Game†head to head in a verbal exchange here but from behind Jeff Hardy has pulled himself up on the ropes, Hardy tries to blindside Cena from behind but Cena see’s it coming and ducks and Hardy accidentally takes out Special Guest referee HHH, Jeff Hardy can’t believe what he has done and as he turns back around he walks right into Cena who scoops him up onto his shoulders and delivers a huge FU to “The Rainbow Haired Warriorâ€, Cena with the cover, Jeff Hardy is beat but there is no ref to make the count, John Cena can’t believe his bad luck here as he tries to revive “The Game†but precious seconds are ticking away here, Cena finally gives up on HHH and goes back to Jeff Hardy, Cena setting up for a second FU but Hardy escapes Cena’s grasp and Hardy counters out of nowhere with the Twist of Fate, Jeff Hardy needs to get up and make the pin but as he gets up he walks into the recovering referee HHH and HHH hits Jeff Hardy with a huge Pedigree, I think HHH thought Hardy meant to take him out, HHH has taken out one of the contenders in the match he is supposed to be refereeing here, HHH is seeing red and as John Cena stumbles to his feet HHH hits him with The Pedigree as well, the WWE Champion HHH has just taken out both the men fighting it out to become number one contender for his WWE Title.

(KING) HHH has lost it JR; he is supposed to be the man keeping control of this match.

(JR) I have never witnessed anything like this before, a referee taking out both wrestlers in the match he is refereeing.

As HHH stands over John Cena and Jeff Hardy’s bodies out onto the ramp comes an aggravated MR McMahon.

(MR MCMAHON) What the hell do you think you are doing Hunter ruining my Raw main event, I tell you what though the only person you have screwed is yourself because as you can’t seem to count to three and declare a winner tonight to face you for your WWE Championship at Night of Champions you will have to face both Jeff Hardy and John Cena in a Triple Threat match for your WWE Title.

The crowd erupts as HHH looks unaffected in the ring; HHH puts his WWE Title belt over his shoulder and leaves the ring looking behind to survey the damage he has done to Cena and Jeff Hardy.

(KING) What an announcement by MR McMahon JR, we are going to see a Triple Threat Match at Night of Champions between HHH, Jeff Hardy and John Cena for the WWE Championship.

(JR) HHH doesn’t look like he regrets his actions here tonight but come Night of Champions in Texas he might start to when both Cena and Hardy are coming after his WWE Championship; three of the hottest superstars in the WWE are going to get it on at Night of Champions for the richest prize in the game.

HHH poses roaring to the crowd with his Title belt in the air on the ramp as a dazed Hardy and Cena look on, the show goes off air.

THE END