WWE 2010 - Winds of Change

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatDamonGuy

Reaction score
WrestleMania_XXVI_.png

WrestleMania XXVI Results
Yoshi Tatsu last eliminated Zack Ryder in a 26-Man Battle Royale to become #1 Contender to the Intercontinental Championship.
ShowMiz (Big Show & The Miz) defeated Truth and Wisdom (R-Truth and John Morrison) to retain their WWE Tag Team Championships.
Randy Orton defeated Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase in a Triple Threat match.
Jack Swagger won the Money in the Bank ladder match.
Triple H defeated Sheamus.
Rey Mysterio defeated CM Punk.
Bret Hart defeated Vince McMahon in a No Holds Barred Lumberjack match with Bruce Hart as special guest referee.
Chris Jericho defeated Edge to retain his World Heavyweight Championship.
John Cena defeated Batista to win the WWE Championship.
The Undertaker defeated Shawn Michaels in a No Disqualifications Streak vs. Career match.

Monday Night Raw roster
Batista
Big Show
Carlito
Christian
Cody Rhodes
Curt Hawkins
David Hart Smith
Evan Bourne
Jack Swagger
John Cena
John Morrison
Kofi Kingston
Mark Henry
Montel Vontavious Porter
Primo
Randy Orton
R-Truth
Sheamus
Shelton Benjamin
Ted DiBiase
The Miz
Triple H
Tyson Kidd

Friday Night SmackDown Roster
Caylen Croft
Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Edge
Ezekiel Jackson
Jack Swagger
JTG
Kane
Luke Gallows
Matt Hardy
Rey Mysterio
Shad Gaspard
Trent Barreta
The Undertaker
Vladimir Kozlov
William Regal
Yoshi Tatsu

Administration
WWE Chairman & Owner:
Vince McMahon
WWE SmackDown General Manager: Theodore Long
WWE Raw Commentary Team: Michael Cole & Jerry Lawler
WWE SmackDown Commentary Team: Matt Striker & Jim Ross
WWE Ring Announcers: Justin Roberts & Tony Chimel
WWE Backstage Interviewers: Josh Matthews, Todd Grisham & Christy Hemme

Championship
Champion
Date won
Event won
Previous champion
WWE Championship
John CenaMarch 28, 2010WrestleMania XXVIBatista
World Heavyweight Championship
Chris JerichoFebruary 21,2010Elimination Chamber 2010The Undertaker
Intercontinental Championship
Drew McIntyreDecember 13, 2009Tables Ladders Chairs 2009John Morrison
United States Championship
The MizOctober 5, 2009 Monday Night RawKofi Kingston
WWE Tag Team Championships
ShowMiz (Big Show & The Miz)February 8, 2010 Monday Night RawDegeneration-X (Triple H & Shawn Michaels)

Upcoming Pay-Per-Views

Extreme_Rules_logo_1030738a.jpg

logo-jd09.jpg

kingring.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Echo

Reaction score
Any background to why you are keeping Judgment day in 2010 instead of replacing it with Over the Limit?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
First of all welcome to the forum.

Why did you decide to use WM26 as a starting point?

Looking forward to seeing how you book things going forward in comparison to what WWE did.

ThatDamonGuy

Reaction score
First of all welcome to the forum.

Why did you decide to use WM26 as a starting point?

Looking forward to seeing how you book things going forward in comparison to what WWE did.

I really only got into watching WWE around SummerSlam 2009, and the first pay-per-view I ever bought was WM26 so I've become pretty familiar with that time period. I think it's also a pretty good starting point seeing as though quite a few young stars (namely McIntyre, Sheamus and Ziggler) were on the rise, and one of the WWE's main guys in Shawn Michaels had just retired, leaving room at the top for other guys who hadn't quite had the chance to shine.

Any background to why you are keeping Judgment day in 2010 instead of replacing it with Over the Limit?

Over the Limit hadn't yet debuted at this point, and Judgment Day had been going strong for ten years previously. I don't feel there's any real reason to replace it with a pay-per-view which has been mediocre at best in real life. A lot of the other gimmick pay-per-views have also been replaced by old school events such as Vengeance, No Mercy and Unforgiven.

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Batista in a Steel Cage match.
Batista v Cena Extreme Rules 1.jpg
After the events of WrestleMania XXVI, where John Cena made Batista submit to reclaim the WWE Championship that he had lost a month earlier, needless to say The Animal was not too happy. In fact, he was furious, assaulting him in the middle of his celebration the night after WrestleMania, and calling a steel cage down! Batista mauled Cena, eventually spearing him clean through the locked cage door, to send a massive statement to the champ. He then revealed that he was activating his rematch clause at Extreme Rules, and they would compete inside a 15-foot high steel cage!

The following week on Raw, Batista once again got the upper hand on Cena during a tag team contest also featuring Randy Orton and Ted DiBiase, when he sneak attacked the Champ with a steel chair, causing a disqualification. He then dropped Cena with a huge Batista Bomb onto said chair, before being RKO'd by Orton.

In the main event of April 12's Raw, John Cena faced a star on the rise in Ted DiBiase. The son of the Million Dollar Man certainly took it to the WWE Champion, but Cena looked to have won when he locked in the STF. That was until Batista's music rang around the arena, Cena released the hold, spoiling for a fight. Unfortunately for him, he was looking in the wrong direction, and he turned around into a thunderous spear from The Animal himself! DiBiase made the cover, but Randy Orton appeared and attempted to punt him in the head. Luckily for Ted, he was able to quickly move out of the way, and Orton ran straight into a spinebuster from Batista, who then turned around into an Attitude Adjustment from the recovered Cena! The Champ gave Batista the 'you can't see me' taunt, but he, in fact, couldn't see Ted DiBiase behind him, and he got drilled with Dream Street, giving DiBiase a massive win! His celebration is cut short, however, with an RKO from Randy Orton, who is then interrupted with a Batista Bomb onto DiBiase. The show finished with Batista and Cena staring each other down, less than two weeks before they would risk their careers inside the steel cage.

Six days before Extreme Rules, Batista well and truly got the momentum going his way, when he pinned Cena after a Batista Bomb to win a fatal 4-way match also including Orton and DiBiase. Can The Animal repeat the feat this Sunday with the former Legacy members out of the equation, or will Cena once again overcome the odds and hold on to his WWE Championship? The answer to that question and more will be found at WWE Extreme Rules, this Sunday April 25 in Baltimore, Maryland.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I really only got into watching WWE around SummerSlam 2009, and the first pay-per-view I ever bought was WM26 so I've become pretty familiar with that time period. I think it's also a pretty good starting point seeing as though quite a few young stars (namely McIntyre, Sheamus and Ziggler) were on the rise, and one of the WWE's main guys in Shawn Michaels had just retired, leaving room at the top for other guys who hadn't quite had the chance to shine.

Fair enough, it will be interesting to see how you use those young guys and to see how you manage their rise up the card.

Reading your results leading into Extreme Rules I like that DiBiase was booked strongly even getting the win over Cena, with a little bit of help admittedly. Are you going to use a similar format to announce each PPV match, as in write a recap of what happened between WM26 and Extreme Rules?

Also will you be using the same format for the PPV or will you do a longer version?

Good start, wonder how the rest of the card will pan out.