WWE: 2009 - The Future of Sports Entertainment

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

duffman

Backstory

It is Wrestlemania 25 time in 2009. WWE had a huge 2008. Since Wrestlemania 24 the PPV buys were extremely high and a lot of WWE's young stars started to rise. WWE also had a huge draft in 2008 and the roster was shaken up a little bit as ECW was canceled during the draft. The World Heavyweight Championship and WWE Championship changed places in the draft. Undertaker was drafted to RAW with the World Heavyweight Championship and Chris Jericho was drafted to Smackdown with the WWE Championship in the 2008 draft after Wrestlemania 24. Undertaker dominated 2008 and was champion until Armageddon where he lost the World Heavyweight Championship to his brother Kane. Y2J stole the WWE Title from John Cena at Wrestlemania 24 after Cena had beaten Randy Orton and HHH in a Triple Threat Match, by cashing in Money in the Bank. Jericho was then drafted to Smackdown and lost the title at SummerSlam to Mr. Kennedy. The year 2009 is shaping up to be a good one for WWE as well. Shawn Michaels won the 2009 Royal Rumble and was set to face Kennedy at Wrestlemania 25 but Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio got in the mix and it became a Fatal 4 Way match. The RAW main event for Wrestlemania 25 will feature an Elimination Chamber with the participants of Kane(C),Batista,Undertaker,Bobby Lashley,Triple H and John Cena. The year 2009 is shaping up to be a good one for WWE.

Bigger than 2008?

RAW Roster

King Kane(World Champion)
Undertaker
Batista
Triple H
John Cena
JBL
Lashley
MVP(World Tag Team Champion)
Randy Orton
Booker T
Big Daddy V
John Morrison
Matt Hardy
Gregory Helms
Paul Burchill w/ Katie Lea
Elijah Burke(World Tag Team Champions)
Chavo Guerrero
Hardcore Holly
Finlay(Intercontinental Champion)
The Miz
Kenny Dystra
Snitsky
Goldberg
Shelton Benjamin

Smackdown Roster

Mr. Kennedy (WWE Champion)
Kurt Angle
Chris Jericho
Rey Mysterio
HBK
Big Show
Edge
Umaga
Jeff Hardy
RVD(US Champ)
Cody Rhodes
CM Punk
Carlito
Santino Marella
Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch
Paul London and Brian Kendrick(WWE Tag Team Champion)
Jimmy Yang Wang
Super Crazy
Jamie Noble
Deuce and Domino w/ Cherry
Kofi Kingston
Stevie Richards
Brock Lesnar
AJ Styles

Legends
The Rock
Steve Austin
Ric Flair
Mick Foley
Roddy Pipper

Notes

-Not writing a Women's division.

- I will soon be posting a month by month analysis of 2008.

-There is no CW Championship.

-The rosters are rather short but I want to use all the talent as much as I can.

Wrestlemania 25 Card

World Heavyweight Championship
Elimination Chamber Match
King Kane(C) v. The Undertaker v. Batista v. Triple H v. John Cena v. Bobby Lashley

WWE Championship
Fatal 4 Way Match
Mr Kennedy(C) v. Rey Mysterio v. Shawn Michaels v. Kurt Angle

RAW VS. SMACKDOWN: 5 Years On
Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Jeff Hardy(SD)
Matt Hardy(RAW)
Shelton Benjamin(SD)
Randy Orton(RAW)
Chris Jericho(SD)
Edge(SD)
CM Punk(SD)
John Morrison(RAW)

Intercontinental Championship
Triple Threat Match
Finlay(C) v. Booker T v. JBL

United States Championship
Extreme Rules 3 Threat Match
Rob Van Dam(C)v. Umaga v. AJ Styles

WWE US Campionship Number 1 Contender
Carlito v. Kofi Kingston

Interbrand 5 Man Elimination Tag Team Match
RAW(MVP,Elijah Burke,Paul Burchill,Chavo Guerrero and Gregory Helms) v. Smackdown(London and Kendrick,Super Crazy,Jimmy Yang Wang and Jamie Noble.)

The Rock, Ric Flair, Steve Austin and Mick Foley will be in the ring at the same time in Piper's Pit!

I have got this backstory from someone else, with their permission, however the shows will be written by only me.

Bradley

Reaction score
Well bruv, it will be interesting seeing a be the booker based in the future, but will you quit this?

duffman

No, I am still here! 2008 analysis up soon, heres the quick Mania results:

World Heavyweight Championship
Elimination Chamber Match
King Kane(C) def. The Undertaker Batista Triple H John Cena Bobby Lashley

WWE Championship
Fatal 4 Way Match
Shawn Michaels def Rey Mysterio Mr Kennedy Kurt Angle

RAW VS. SMACKDOWN: 5 Years On
Brock Lesnar def. Goldberg

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Randy Orton def.
Matt Hardy
Shelton Benjamin
Jeff Hardy
Chris Jericho
Edge
CM Punk
John Morrison

Intercontinental Championship
Triple Threat Match
Finlay def. Booker T JBL

United States Championship
Extreme Rules 3 Threat Match
Umaga def. Umaga AJ Styles

WWE US Campionship Number 1 Contender
Carlito def. Kofi Kingston

Interbrand 5 Man Elimination Tag Team Match
RAW(MVP,Elijah Burke,Paul Burchill,Chavo Guerrero and Gregory Helms) def. Smackdown(London and Kendrick,Super Crazy,Jimmy Yang Wang and Jamie Noble.)

Evil Austin

um a little bit confused on what had happened with your mania matches but anyway Ill be checking out your first show ?

I did not understand some of these stuff -

King Kane ???
Umaga defeated Umaga aj styles

Also your rosters are like all over the place with total roster changes ... Not thats it a bad thing but I was totally confused...

Anyway ill be reading whenever you post a show...

Cheap plug if you get a chance check out my thread WAw

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

^^I think he means like Kane been on Raw. That is obviously due to a draft that would have been done

Riggs

Reaction score
This looks....interesting. I like the idea with the future, so I'll be reviewing. Check out World Toy Wrestling Entertainment if you'd like :)

Evil Austin

I am not sure if he is still doing this ? Are you ? i mean its been four weeks since he opened it up ?