WWE 2005 A Fresh Start

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
fns.png

WWE 2005: A Fresh Start

WWE Raw Roster

Raw Champions
World Heavyweight Champion: Randy Orton
Intercontinental Champion: Shelton Benjamin
World Tag Team Champions:Christian and Tyson Tomko
Womens Champion: Trish Stratus

Roster
Al Snow
Batista
Candice Michelle
Chris Jericho
Christian
Christopher Daniels
Christy Hemme
Daivari
Edge
Elix Skipper
Eugene
Gene Snitsky
Johnny Nitro
Kane
Lita(injured)
Maria Kanellis
Matt Hardy
Maven
Molly Holly
Muhammad Hassan
Randy Orton
Ric Flair
Rhyno
Rob Conway
Rosey
Shawn Michaels
Shelton Benjamin
Simon Dean
Stacy Keibler
Stevie Richards
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Sylvain Grenier
Tajiri
Triple H
Trish Stratus
Tyson Tomko
Val Venis
Victoria
Viscera

Personalitites
Raw General Manager: Eric Bishcoff
Color Commentator: Jerry The King Lawler
Play By Play Commentator: Jim Ross
Backstage Interviewer: Jonathon Coachman
Backstage Interviewer: Marc Lloyd
Backstage Interviewer: Todd Grisham

Tag Team/Stables
Christian and Tyson Tomko
Evolution (Batista, Flair, HHH)
La Resistance (Conway, Grenier)
Muhammad Hassan and Daivari
Regal and Eugene
Superheroes (Hurricane, Rosey)

WWE Smackdown Champions
WWE Champion: John Bradshaw Layfield
WWE United States Champion: John Cena
WWE Tag Team Champions: Rey Mysterio and RVD
WWE Cruiserweight Champion: Funaki

Roster
Akio
Amy Weber
Big Show
Billy Kidman
Booker T
Bubba Ray Dudley
Carlito(injured)
Charlie Haas
Chavo Guerrero
Danny Basham
Dawn Marie
Doug Basham
D Von Dudley
Eddie Guerrero
Funaki
Hardcore Holly
Heidenreich
Hiroko Suzuki
John Bradshaw Layfield
John Cena
Joy Giovanni
Kenzo Suzuki
Kurt Angle
Lauren Jones
Luther Reigns
Mark Jindrak
Michelle McCool
Nunzio
Orlando Jordan
Paul London
Rene Dupree
Rey Mysterio
Rob Van Dam
Rochelle Loewen
Scotty Too Hotty
Shannon Moore
Spike Dudley
Torrie Wilson
The Undertaker

Personalitites
Backstage Interviewer: Josh Matthews
Play By Play Commentator: Michael Cole
Backstage Interviewer: Steve Romero
Color Commentator: Tazz
General Manager: Theodore Long

Tag Team/Stables
The Angle Alliance (Angle, Jindrak, Reigns)
The Basham Brothers (Doug and Danny)
Big Show and Joy Giovanni
The Cabinet (Amy, Basham Bro's, JBL, Orlando)
The Dudley Boyz (Bubba, D Von, Spike)
Rey Mysterio and Rob Van Dam
Rene Dupree and Kenzo Suzuki

Pay Per View List
Royal Rumble- January 30 2005, Fresno California
No Way Out- February 20 2005, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania
Wrestlemania- April 3 2005, Los Angeles, California
Backlash- May 1 2005, Manchester, New Hampshire
Judgement Day- May 22 2005, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Vengeance- June 26 2005, Las Vegas, Nevada
Great American Bash- July 24 2005, Buffalo, New York
Summerslam- August 21 2005, Washington DC
Unforgiven- September 18 2005, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
No Mercy- October 9 2005, Houston, Texas
Survivor Series- November 27 2005, Detroit, Michigan
Armageddon- December 18 2005, Providence, Rhode Island

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Looks alright, kind of interested as to why you added Elix Skipper to the roster. I guess you are going to push him. Good luck.

Reaction score
WWE Monday Night RAW
January 10, 2005
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Opening Video

PYRO

Jim Ross: Over 20,000 fans are on their feet, inside a sold out BankAtlantic Center, for Monday Night RAW!!! We are live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and tonight we begin the road to Fresno, California, and the road to the Royal Rumble!! Hello everyone, I’m Jim Ross alongside Jerry “The King†Lawler, and King what a night it’s gonna be, after an historic night last night in Puerto Rico at New Year’s Revolution.

The King: Oh you’re not kidding JR. While I couldn’t get the job done over Muhammad Hassan, history was made in the main event! We have a new World Heavyweight Champion!

Jim Ross: That’s right folks. Randy Orton is the NEW World’s Heavyweight Champion, after outlasting five of RAW’s greatest superstars, and now is a 2-time World Heavyweight Champion King and the era of ‘The Legend Killer’ has only just started its second leg.

The King: Well I gotta say that I doubted Randy Orton’s chances last night in the Elimination Chamber, but obviously he was stronger than I thought to survive that match, and what a match it was.

Jim Ross: Yes it was King, and we’ll be sure to hear from ‘The Legend Killer’ himself-

*Burn in My Light*

Jim Ross: Well I must stand corrected King, because here he comes now!!

The fans are going crazy, as the BRAND NEW World Heavyweight Champion walks out to a thundering reaction, as he smirks looking out at the crowd carrying the World Heavyweight Championship on his shoulder, in suit attire tonight.
He shuts his eyes as he points his head up, as a golden shower of pyro comes down from the bottom of the titantron, and fireworks also go off, along with confetti raining down from the top of the arena.

The King: A picture’s worth a thousand words JR; and this must be worth millions!!

Jim Ross: Orton deserved it King. He went through Triple H, Batista, Edge, Chris Jericho AND Chris Benoit inside the most demonic structure our industry has ever seen – The Elimination Chamber. And bah gawd this crowd is going crazy.

‘The Legend Killer’ begins his walk down the ramp to the ring, winking at some of the gorgeous ladies in the crowd, and then walks up the steps inside the ring, where he extends his arms and turns himself around, as more fireworks go off in the arena above him, and also off the ring posts.
Randy is handed a microphone from Lillian Garcia, whom he kisses the hand of, and lets her out like the ‘gentleman’ that he is. His music dies down, as well as the confetti pouring, and kisses his title, as the fans settle in and begin chanting ‘Orton.’

Randy Orton: Fort Lauderdale, Florida…

Crowd pops

Randy Orton: Get a look! At greatness!!

Crowd cheers again for the catchphrase, as he raises his eyebrow

Randy Orton: Ever since… I lost the World Heavyweight Championship last September, I had dreamed of this day. The day that I’d be standing before you all, as the two-time World Heavyweight Champion… the day that I would be standing here, in this ring, in celebration, of the youngest World Heavyweight Champion’s crowning achievement.

Orton nods his head up and down, and puts the mic back to his lips

Randy Orton: And twenty four hours ago, going into the Elimination Chamber Match – I didn’t think it was going to be possible. Looking at the field against me, I had a stacked deck. I had ‘The Animal,’ Batista,

Crowd gives a mixed reaction

Randy Orton: Chris Jericho,

Crowd cheers

Randy Orton: Edge,

Crowd boos

Randy Orton: ‘The Rabid Wolverine,’ Chris Benoit,

Crowd cheers loudly

Randy Orton: And ‘The Game…’ Triple H

Crowd gives ENORMOUS heat

Randy Orton: I can understand why you’re all booing, but the fact of the matter is – Triple H is one of the best. He’s one of the best, but I am greater. [Crowd cheers] I am greater than he will ever be. My legacy, will become greater than his. My accomplishments so far, have toppled anything that that man has accomplished over a two year period, like I have. In a two year period, I have taken out Mick Foley, I held the Intercontinental Championship longer than anyone ever has in a decade, I became the youngest World Heavyweight Champion at Summerslam, and I beat five of the best this brand has to offer inside the Elimination Chamber last night to become a two-time World Champion.

Crowd pops big for all the accomplishments

Randy Orton: And while Triple H bred me for success, he also took me out of the game, because of his ego and selfishness, last year after I won the World Title. So Triple H let me make one thing clear: if you think you’re going to take the World Heavyweight Championship right from me like you did the first time I won the title… then I’m sorry, but you’ve made a mistake.

Cheers from the crowd

Randy Orton: I am better than I was. I have become a lot smarter, and a whole lot more clever. I know every trick you’ve got, so if you wanna piece of me and this title, why don’t you come to the ring now, and fight me!

Crowd cheers for the HUGE challenge!

Jim Ross: A challenge set! My God!

The King: Is he gonna answer it!?!?

Randy Orton: C’mon! Put your money where your mouth is, if you’re “that damn good,†then prove it!

*The Game*

The arena goes pitch black, with Motorhead playing Triple H to the stage, as he comes out, alone inconspicuously. He has a mic in hand, and immediately goes to talk.

Triple H: Your legacy is going to be greater than mine, huh Randy?

Randy Orton: You’re damn right it’s gonna be!

Triple H: …..*laughs*

Crowd doesn’t seem so happy with ‘The Game’ laughing

Triple H: Randy, Randy do you not forget the most important thing about your last title reign? …Ya lost to me. And that automatically cancels out any thought of you being greater than me, because the one time so far that we’ve faced each other – I came out on top, and took the one thing that meant the most to you Randy. And I hate to be the one to tell you… but three weeks from now, it’s all gonna be over, because at the Royal Rumble, I’m going to be facing you for the World Heavyweight Title.

Crowd boos, as Orton looks detested with his announcement

Triple H: You know I love being the bearer of bad news actually. Because I just ruined the only celebration you’re ever gonna have with that title. Really, Randy, nice try. But the fluke that happened last night at New Year’s Revolution… it’s not happening again at the Royal Rumble. And I’m going to become the ten time World Heavyweight Champion… because I’m that…damn…good.

Triple H’s music plays once again, as Hunter heads to the back, with Orton standing in the ring, with the same plain look on his face as when Hunter first came out to the stage.

Jim Ross: Well Triple H sure seemed to suck the life out of this celebration, with the announcement that it will be himself squaring off with Randy Orton at the Royal Rumble in three weeks King.

The King: Well, Randy doesn’t look too happy right now with that announcement JR. But Triple H sure looked happy when he was delivering it.

Jim Ross: It should be a hell of a slobber knocker in Fresno King. I’m already excited.

Commercial Break

We return and we are in Eric Bischoff’s office…

…and Edge comes storming in.

Edge: Bischoff… the hell was that about?

Eric Bischoff: Edge, I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about, so please explain yourself before I kick you out of my office.

Edge: Eric, I’ve been in this damn company for six years. Last night was my first shot at the World Heavyweight Championship, and I got screwed because Shawn Michaels hit me with a damn Super Kick. And now, Triple H, Triple H the last man eliminated in the Chamber, THE GUY RANDY ORTON PINNED gets a World Title shot at the Rumble?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ERIC? I’ve sacrificed my body, my family, my damn life for this business, and when Triple H gets a thousand title shots and I get one, he gets a thousand and one title shots?

Eric Bischoff: Edge, while I totally disapprove of you coming into my office… your points seem valid. Valid enough for me to make a decision. Tonight, Edge, you will be in the main event against ‘The Game’ Triple H. And if you win Edge… your title shot, you’ve got it. But if you lose Edge, you will instead be in the Royal Rumble. And the same goes for –

Triple H nearly on cue comes storming in, apparently hearing the conversation from the outside…

Triple H: Bischoff! What the hell kind of bullshit is this!? You just told me ten minutes ago, that I’m going to be facing Orton for the title at the Rumble. Now you’re putting that shot on the line in a man event against a specialized tag team…

Edge: Whoa whoa whoa buddy. Cut it out right there. What, you’re scared toput upt the title shot against somebody who’s hungrier for it? Against somebody, who you’ve never faced one on one? Against someone… who might just might, have one up on you and is more prepared to fight?

Triple H: …………You’re gonna regret saying that.

Triple H leaves the office, as Edge grins

Jim Ross: Well from one major announcement to another, what a main event we’re going to have tonight King! Edge versus Triple H with the winner going to the Rumble to face Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Title!

The King: And that’s not all JR. The loser of that match is going to be in the Royal Rumble match! Oh what a night this has become.

Jim Ross: And speaking of that King, it’s time to start our qualifying matches for the Royal Rumble, and the Intercontinental Champion is on his way to the ring.

The King: This guy Shelton Benjamin is really exciting JR. If he gets into the Rumble match, he could be a dark horse.

Match 1 ~ Royal Rumble Qualifying Match
Gene Snitsky vs. Shelton Benjamin
Decent match, with Shelton really carrying it the entire time. Snitsky’s size helped him with the beginning minutes of the match, but Shelton really turned it around and kept on rolling from there with no stopping at any time. After coming off the top with an clothesline and getting a near fall, Benjamin went to kick Snitsky, but Snitsky countered it and went for a knee thrust, but Benjamin however countered THAT and hit the T-Bone suplex!!! Benjamin rolled his legs over, as the ref went down to the mat. 1… 2… 3…!!!
Winner and in the Royal Rumble Match: Shelton Benjamin @ 6:11

Jim Ross: The three! Benjamin wins it!!

The King: I’m telling you JR, this guy’s definitely a man to be reckoned with come the Royal Rumble.

Shelton climbs up to the second rope in the corner, and raises his arms up, getting a loud reception from the crowd. He goes and is received with his Intercontinental Championship, and has his hand raised, and as this happens, *Break the Walls Down* suddenly hits to everyone’s surprise, as CHRIS JERICHO begins to walk down to the ring.

Jim Ross: Well Shelton Benjamin, was just celebrating a victory King, but what I and probably Shelton wants to know is, why is Chris Jericho coming down to the ring?

The King: Well… maybe he’s coming out to congratulate him JR. Jericho’s the kind of guy to do that.

Chris Jericho: Cut the music, cut the music.

Music dies, as Shelton puts his title over his shoulder

Chris Jericho: First of all Shelton Benjamin let me be the first to congratulate you on becoming the FIRST man to gain entry into the 2005 Royal Rumble match! Give him a hand!

Crowd cheers, while Shelton doesn’t seem to be going along with all this

Chris Jericho: But Shelton congratulating you wasn’t the real reason why I’m out here. No, the real reason is bringing something to your attention, that I’ve been waiting for the right opportunity to bring it up. I don’t know if you remember Shelton, but I’m the man that you took the Intercontinental Championship from, back at Taboo Tuesday a few months ago. And you know something Shelton Benjamin… I have yet, to invoke my rematch clause.

Crowd oh’s, as Shelton’s eyes split open

Chris Jericho: Shelty… three weeks, the Royal Rumble match isn’t the only match you’re going to be participating in. Oh no. You’re going to be defending your Intercontinental Championship – against me.

Crowd cheers, as another match has been made!

Chris Jericho: So here’s a little advice. You better caress, nurture, bathe, or whatever the hell you do with your title when the curtains are closed Shelton Benjamin… because come the 30th of January, it is no longer going to be around YOUR waist. Oh no, it’s going to be around the waist, of this sexy beast babay! And it will neverrrrrr… eeeeeeeeeeeeverrrr, be around your waist… a-gayneeeeeee…

Jericho’s music hits, as the two begin staring one another down, as we hear JR and King plug the match for the Rumble.

Commercial Break

Royal Rumble Moment – Stone Cold Steve Austin illegally eliminates Bret Hart in the 1997 Royal Rumble and goes on to win that very match.

Match 2 ~ Non-Title Tag Royal Rumble Qualifier Match
Christian & Tyson Tomko vs. Maven & Simon Dean
Less than stellar tag match that featured the World Tag Team Champs. Maven looked impressive against Christian but when the tag was made to Tomko that small advantage was taken away with one big boot. Tomko’s strong amount of power helped him gain the advantage which was one they never seemd to lose, as later on Christian was tagged in, and he hit the Unprettier on Dean while Maven was on the outside after being tossed by Tomko, and the Tag Team Champions found themselves in the Royal Rumble match.
Winners and Now in the Royal Rumble Match: Christian & Tyson Tomko @ 4:41

Christian’s music hits as the two men celebrate the victory in the ring, as Tomko hoists him upon his shoulders as they receive the Tag Title belts.

Jim Ross: Well the World Tag Team Champions coming off their win last night at New Year’s Revolution now find themselves in the Royal Rumble match.

The King: I knew they could do it JR. Especially against Maven & Simon Dean. Please, that wasn’t even fair.

Camera goes backstage to Marc Lloyd…

Marc Lloyd: Marc Lloyd ladies and gentlemen and joining me right now is the man who later on tonight will be vying to take on Randy Orton at the Royal Rumble, Edge.

Edge: Thanks for the cute little introduction Marc, really, nice effort.

Marc Lloyd: Edge what are your feelings heading into this match and possibly getting into the biggest match of your career?

Edge: Marc, it’s simple. For eight years I have been in this company. And for those eight years I have achieved a great level of success. But half of it was in tag team wrestling, with the man who you just saw get himself into the Royal Rumble match, alongside his bald headed cohort. Tonight though, I look to finaly get my chance, a chance that I have been waiting for forever Marc Lloyd. And last night – that didn’t even count. I got screwed by Shawn Michaels, just because he felt like taking a little aggression out on me.

Marc Lloyd: Well speaking of Shawn Michaels, Edge I have gotten word that Michaels is here in the building tonight. What if he were to interfere himself in your…

Edge: Whoa whoa whoa hold the phone, hold the phone. If Shawn Michaels DARED to even step twenty feet from the ring tonight in my match against Triple H, then there would be consequences…

Edge grunts and walks away from Lloyd.

Jim Ross: Well some heated words there from Edge who of course later on tonight will be taking on ‘The Game’ Triple H for a shot at Randy Orton’s World Heavyweight Title at the Royal Rumble.

The King: But up next JR, oh I can’t wait for this, Trish Stratus defends the Women’s Championship – against Victoria! Oh the puppies are going to be showing during that match.

Jim Ross: Calm down there tiger.

Commercial Break

We come back and Victoria is already in the ring…

*Time to Rock & Roll*

The Women’s Champion comes out to a lot of heat from the crowd, respectively for the way’s she’s been over the last couple of weeks. But there are some pops in the crowd just because she is Trish Stratus.

Jim Ross: Well last night ladies and gentlemen, we regret to inform you that Lita was injured in her match against Trish for the Women’s Title.

The King: Don’t remind me JR. What a travesty that was. Did you see the way she landed on her leg?

Jim Ross: I did King and initial reports are that it was a partially torn ACL, and that she will be out of action indefinitely. If we get any reports on Lita in the coming weeks, fans we will bring them to you.

Trish apparently hearing JR, walks over to the commentator’s table, and starts talking smack. JR and The King don’t really know what to do, but from behind Victoria grabs her by the hair and tosses her into the ring!!

Match 3 ~ Women’s Championship Match
Trish Stratus © vs. Victoria
Solid, solid women’s match. One that actually kept the crowd interested (Who da thunk it?). Started off with Victoria getting a good advantage, but Trish soon took over. When it seemed like things were all set and done, Victoria countered a chick kick into a rolling take down, and went for the surprise pin but got the near fall!! Victoria then set Trish up for the Widow’s Peak, but Trish rolled through and went for a roll up, but Victoria countered into her own, which was countered by Trish who held onto the ropes not in the referee’s view, and retained the title!!
Winner and STILL Women’s Champion: Trish Stratus @ 5:32

Jim Ross: That damn jezebel just stole a victory from Victoria!! What the hell was that?

The King: JR it’s only cheating when you get caught. And Trish quite simply didn’t get caught. C’mon, you have to give her credit for countering the Widow’s Peak so effectively.

Jim Ross: I respect her in-ring abilities King. She’s one of the best, but the way she gets the job done is not what I like.

We go backstage, where we see Batista & Ric Flair.

Ric Flair: Big man… big man.

Batista is pacing himself

Ric Flair: Big fella, easy there guy. Don’t lose your focus tonight; you’ve got a chance to be in the Royal – WOOO – Rumble match, a match that yours truly has won, and also our leader, ‘The Game’ has won on one occasion. You’re next in line champ –

Batista: Champ … Champ …? I COULD BE THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION RIGHT NOW!

Batista slams his fist into the locker next to him, nearly breaking through it. Flair heads over to try and calm him down, as the crowd lets out a large ‘OOOOO’

Ric Flair: Hey! If you wanna win that match tonight and get a CHANCE to become the champion, you’ve gotta calm…down.

Batista: Ric, last night I could’ve won the World Heavyweight Championship for the first time in my career. It was my best chance to do it, and why didn’t I win it? Becau –

Ric Flair: Whoa! Don’t even go there big guy. Business… is business. Now calm yourself, and get yourself in gear, because your match is coming up soon.

Batista takes a breath, and sits himself down and puts his head in his hands, trying to focus on winning the match tonight to gain entry into the Rumble, but the allure of gold is seemingly breaking into his head…

Commercial Break

We see Randy Orton in the back chatting with Stacy Keibler, ‘working his game’ it seems.

Randy Orton: So you were impressed with my victory last night?

Stacy Keibler: I thought it was very… very impressive…

Stacy begins rubbing the title belt

Randy Orton: And I can see you’ve taken a liking to my title belt…

Stacy Keibler: Well… yeah but… it isn’t the only thing…

The crowd seems to ‘oooo’, as Stacy then pops herself up and kisses Orton the cheek, and then walks away. Randy raises his eyebrow as he looks at her walk away, and seems to like what he sees.

The King: Oh how good it must feel to be the champ. I sure wish I could get a kiss from Stacy Keibler.

Jim Ross: Forgive my broadcast partner ladies and gentlemen he’s a bit heavy off the pills.

The King: Hey! I haven’t had anything for four hours!

*Sexy Boy*

Jim Ross: Look at this! ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels is here!!

The King: And I can barely hear myself think!!

Shawn Michaels walks out to an earth-shattering reaction from the fans, as he does his usual motions on the stage, and walks down to the ring. He steps inside, not in wrestling gear however, and is given the microphone from Lillian Garcia.

Shawn Michaels: Well it sure feels good to be back.

Crowd cheers

Shawn Michaels: First of all, I’d like to start off by congratulating the NEW World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton, for overcoming such a grueling match last night at New Year’s Revolution – one that yours truly referee’d straight down the middle thank you very much.

Crowd cheers

Shawn Michaels: Secondly… I’d like to bring attention to a superstar who last night, I took a little aggression out on. And that man is of course, the man who’ll be fighting for a World Title shot later on tonight, Edge.

Crowd boos

Shawn Michaels: Now now people. While Edge can be a little ego-minded sometimes, like yours truly once was, there is no denying that he is a great competitor. But Edge last night wasn’t really aggression; it was a lesson. Y’see many have tried to start dosey-dos with ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ in the past. And for all the times that people have tried that, every single time, they have to go to the dentist to get their teeth realigned, after a little Sweet Chin Music was given to ‘em.

Crowd cheers

Shawn Michaels: So Edge, here’s a fair warning. If our paths ever cross again… and you try to mess with ‘The Showstopper…’ oh boy you’re gonna have to be getting permanent reservations at the dentist’s office, because your teeth are going to be messed up forever.

Crowd cheers more

Shawn Michaels: With that said, I would like to announce that next week, HBK will be going to try and get himself the chance to become a three time winner of the Royal Rumble match. [Crowd cheers] Because next week, good ol’ HBK returns to the squared circle, in a Royal Rumble qualifying match!

Crowd goes wild, as Michaels smiles. His music then plays, as he flips over the ropes out to the floor, and walks up the ramp.

Jim Ross: Well what a huge announcement that was King. Shawn Michaels next week will be vying to be a part of this year’s Royal Rumble match. What a Rumble this is shaping up to be.

The King: This could be one of the biggest in history JR, with the way this is coming out to be.

Commercial Break

Jim Ross: Well here comes the man, who almost became the World Heavyweight Champion last night, ‘The Animal’ Batista. King right now I’d hate to be Val Venis as he gets set to qualify for the Royal Rumble.

The King: I’m afraid you’ve hit the nail on the head JR. But when would be a good time to face this animal? Just look at him JR. He bales in comparison to Val Venis, or any other superstar on the roster today! If he wins this match here, I think the rest of the men in the Royal Rumble match will be put on notice for this guy.

Match 4 ~ Royal Rumble Qualifying Match
Batista w/ Ric Flair vs. Val Venis
Squash match, simply put. Batista dominates from bell to bell, never losing the momentum he had from the beginning of the match up. He was able to hit the Spinebuster, and followed it up with a powerful Batista Bomb.
Winner and Now in the Royal Rumble Match: Batista @ 3:10

Batista’s music hits, as he gets up, and looks upon Venis, in the center of the ring as the ref goes to shake his hands, but he shrugs him off. He then grabs Venis again, as his music cuts off, and he hits A SECOND Batista Bomb!!! The crowd lets out a large ‘OOOO’ as Ric Flair then enters the ring with a microphone.

Ric Flair: YOU, are all feasting your eyes, on the next man to follow in the footsteps, of the stylin’, profilin’… kiss stealin’, wheelin’ dealin’ sonovagun, and ‘The Cerebral Assassin,’ and win the Royal Rumble – WOO – Match!! Batista!!

Crowd gives a mixed reaction, as Batista looks over at Flair, and then snatches the microphone from him, and gets in his face

Batista: You forgot… that after I win the Royal Rumble… I’m gonna take the championship…no matter who’s waist it’s around…

Batista slams the mic on the mat, and leaves the ring, as Flair soon follows. Batista is too quick for ‘The Nature Boy’ to catch up as he goes through the curtains while Flair is only in the middle of the ramp.

Jim Ross: Well it looks like that message you were talking about King was just sent.

The King: I think it has JR, and it’s a pretty loud one. Like I said, Batista is an animal, he’s a force to be reckoned with come Sunday the 30th, and I would be frightened if I was one of the 29 other men in that match of that man. He’s my pick to win it JR.

Jim Ross: Well you can place your bets now King, and another thing you can start placing your bets on, is our main event, up next. Triple H takes on Edge for a shot at the World Title at the Royal Rumble, stay tuned!!

Commercial Break

Main Event ~ Number One Contender’s Match (Winner Faces Randy Orton at the Rumble; Loser is in the Royal Rumble Match)
Triple H vs. Edge
Crowd is very into it from the beginning of the match, as the two men who haven’t ever stepped eye to eye in the ring go at it in RAW’s match of the night. Triple H went for the early cover after hitting a Double A Spinebuster, but Edge kicked out of it to a very big reaction from the crowd, surprisingly enough. Edge began to turn things up a notch, getting the advantage in his favor, and the crowd gets behind him as they despise Triple H, and is still not really big fans of the man who took out Shawn Michaels back at Taboo Tuesday and cost him the World Title. Nevertheless they cheer for every move he hits, as the match keeps on getting better.
As the match continues fatigue begins settling in on Edge who used a lot of energy in the minutes he controlled the match, and began losing it as the match was approaching the ten minute mark. Triple H begins seizing the opportunity, working on Edge’s legs, and then locking in an Indian Death Lock five minutes later! He’s got the pressure centered in the middle of the ring so there’s no real place for him to go, as Edge’s chances of getting a World Title shot seem to be fading and fading fast, but Edge reverses the pressure!! Triple H quickly crawls to the ropes, as does Edge, who pulls himself up, and darts over and hits the Spear!!! Edge rolls over and covers!! NEAR FALL!!
The crowd lets out a HUGEEEEEE ‘OOOOOOOOOO’ as he came so close there to becoming the number one contender and putting down ‘The Game.’ He gets up and grabs him by the hair, and goes for the Edgecution, but Triple H fights out of it and lifts him and drops him with an atomic drop. ‘The Cerebral Assassin’ then charges to the ropes, and comes back but Edge nails a drop toe hold onto the second turnbuckle!!! Triple H eats the turnbuckle, as Edge gets up again, and heads for the corner. He yells at Triple H in the corner, telling him to get up, and darts over when he does so, and Edge hits – THE REFEREE!!! Triple H pulls referee Earl Hebner over as Edge was sprinting, and Edge could not stop his momentum from hitting Hebner!!
Behind him, Triple H is recuperating, as he gets up and stumbles, and kicks Edge in the gut, and hits the Pedigree!! Triple H falls on his side, and then slowly rolls out of the ring, knowing there is no referee. He gets underneath the ring, and reaches under, and pulls out the sledgehammer!!! The unholy equalizer is about to be put in play, as HHH rolls in, when suddenly the crowd begins cheering. Triple H gets up and pushes his hair up and swings at the man coming into the ring that ducks under the swing, leaps up and hits the RKO!!! IT’S RANDY ORTON!!!
The crowd and is going absolutely ape shit, as Orton stands over Hunter, smiling at his work, and then poses as he extends his arms, and then grabs Edge by his arms and puts him over HHH, and then grabs the referee and lets him fall on the ground, which seems to revive him. Orton rolls out of the ring, as the referee starts the slow count due to him being out of it! …1…!! 2…!!! 3……!!!! EDGE WINS!!
Winner and NEW NUMBER ONE CONTENDER: Edge @ 18:45

Jim Ross: Edge has won! I don’t believe it!

The King: It’s Randy Orton who’s at fault! Once again he screws Triple H!!

Jim Ross: Once again? King this is the first time he’s done something like this, and it’s payback for what he did to Orton the first time he had the title! What a night this has been!

The King: I can’t agree with you more JR. And next week should be even more exciting!!

Jim Ross: For Jerry Lawler I’m Jim Ross, g’night everybody! We’ll see you next week in Toronto!

END SHOW

RR2005Logo.gif

Current Card for WWE Royal Rumble
Date: January 30, 2005
Theme: Find the Real; Alter Bridge

30 Man Royal Rumble Match
Batista, Christian, Shelton Benjamin, Triple H, Tyson Tomko, 10 RAW Superstars, 15 SmackDown! Superstars

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Randy Orton © vs. Edge

Intercontinental Championship Match
Shelton Benjamin © vs. Chris Jericho

Reaction score
I was just wondering and can one of the Moderators let me know can i also post what happened on the real WWE on this episode of Raw and then the rest of you BTBers let me know which show was better and why???

I just thought it would be a creative idea .

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Well, I think it would be un-nessacary, and for some show's you might not find result's.. Also, I think you should be worrying about your little ripping dilema ese.. lol