Wrong opponent for Ronda?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chaz-1

Jobber
Reaction score
As much as I am enjoying Beckys run at present and am looking forward to her match with Ronda at mania......I can't help but feel WWE are missing a trick and the big money match in the female division is Ronda v Asuka.

Asuka was booked as unbeatable in NXT and since coming onto the main roster she has continued to look strong. Surley she should present the most legitimate threat to Ronda?

I get the impression the only reason the WWE machine are not fully behind Asuka is because of her mic skills.

Crash

Reaction score
As much as I am enjoying Beckys run at present and am looking forward to her match with Ronda at mania......I can't help but feel WWE are missing a trick and the big money match in the female division is Ronda v Asuka.

Asuka was booked as unbeatable in NXT and since coming onto the main roster she has continued to look strong. Surley she should present the most legitimate threat to Ronda?

I get the impression the only reason the WWE machine are not fully behind Asuka is because of her mic skills.

I think right now with how over Becky is, it's no questions that she should be the one to main event against Ronda. But I kinda agree with you there are other women's who could have fit that role. Shayna Baszler for example if she wasn't NXT champion would have been a good pick or Asuka too like you said.

Reactions: Chaz-1

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Asuka is a bit crap. Her gimmick doesn't translate to the western audience. It only appeals to the basement-dwellers that like anime.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Asuka vs Ronda will happen. The longer we wait for it the better.
[doublepost=1549146672][/doublepost]
Asuka is a bit crap. Her gimmick doesn't translate to the western audience. It only appeals to the basement-dwellers that like anime.
She's Japanese who kicks people's heads off. What is there not to get? Lol

Reactions: Doxo and Chaz-1

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Asuka is one of the better wrestlers. Its really the 4 horsewomen+ Ronda+Aukas.

Bailey has had poor booking, Sasha slightly better. There is a big gulf between these women and the rest of the female roster.

Becky is the right call. She is very over. Asuka beend some rebuilding but Becky really only has 2 effective opponents, some decent booking Sasha as well. Right now the 4 best are Charlotte, Becky, Ronda, Asuka.

Smackdown= good.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Asuka is one of the better wrestlers. Its really the 4 horsewomen+ Ronda+Aukas.

Bailey has had poor booking, Sasha slightly better. There is a big gulf between these women and the rest of the female roster.

Becky is the right call. She is very over. Asuka beend some rebuilding but Becky really only has 2 effective opponents, some decent booking Sasha as well. Right now the 4 best are Charlotte, Becky, Ronda, Asuka.

Smackdown= good.
I say Ember Moon is up there as well

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Asuka vs Ronda will happen. The longer we wait for it the better.
[doublepost=1549146672][/doublepost]
She's Japanese who kicks people's heads off. What is there not to get? Lol
She's weird.

Can you imagine normal guys tuning into see her? She targets a very specific audience.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Skippable match.. Becky couldn't even beat Alexa or Carmella on Smackdown, like I'm suppose to believe she can beat Ronda.

She plays a dorky gimmick.. never been a fan of gimmicks like that.. Becky is killing my interest in the product very fast.. She is the worst thing to ever happen to WWE.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Skippable match.. Becky couldn't even beat Alexa or Carmella on Smackdown, like I'm suppose to believe she can beat Ronda.

She plays a dorky gimmick.. never been a fan of gimmicks like that.. Becky is killing my interest in the product very fast.. She is the worst thing to ever happen to WWE.
I don't like her either.

But she's much better than Bryan. Punk and Bryan did a lot of damage to WWE.

Redboy123@

Reaction score

Your chatting shit. Becky has beaten Carmella loads of times. Get a clue. Don't be spouting out utter bullshit.

Last edited:

Crash

Reaction score

That's fine and that's your opinion Sheik, I am not the biggest Becky Lynch fan to be honest. I think she is good, but there are other women I'd like to see in her spot. But the fans are behind her and she got over... Just let her have her Wrestlemania moment and then we'll move on.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
That's fine and that's your opinion Sheik, I am not the biggest Becky Lynch fan to be honest. I think she is good, but there are other women I'd like to see in her spot. But the fans are behind her and she got over... Just let her have her Wrestlemania moment and then we'll move on.
If you are gonna push someone to have wrestle mania main event moment then we shouldn't move on. You gotta invest in the talent for the long. No point in making the flavour of the month a Wrestlemania main events. If they are gonna push Becky to that level they gotta do it for the long haul and truly invest in the talent. She's the only female babyface who is getting a reaction. I would think moving from her would be a bad move.

Crash

Reaction score
If you are gonna push someone to have wrestle mania main event moment then we shouldn't move on. You gotta invest in the talent for the long. No point in making the flavour of the month a Wrestlemania main events. If they are gonna push Becky to that level they gotta do it for the long haul and truly invest in the talent. She's the only female babyface who is getting a reaction. I would think moving from her would be a bad move.

Yes I know, that's not what I meant. What I wanted to say by "move on" is Becky will move on to different things after WrestleMania.