Wrestlemania VIII

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Pretty good show I forgot how good Savage v Flair and Hart v Piper was

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
And man the chemistry between Monsoon and Brain was off the charts. There isn't an announcing since that can touch them.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I remember Wrestlemania VIII, yeah I was old enough to remember watching it live, haha. Remember the opening match between HBK and Tito Santana? It was one of the better opening Wrestlemania matches up until that point, and they even had the third longest match on the card. Also, I felt as if this match helped put HBK on the map as a singles competitor (seeing as how he became IC Champ not long afterwards and was even IC Champ at the next Wrestlemania). It was a great back and forth match, where the fan felt it could go either way. Although the typical Smark knew Tito was going to do the job to the younger upcoming heel that VKM was so high on at the time! Safe to say he was correct with giving the chance to HBK.

Anyway, although Hogan and Sid was the main event, we all know Flair and Macho Man stole the show that night. Flair was such an incredible heel during his prime and his antics were priceless! Seeing him kiss Macho Man's woman after the match was awesome! Kind of sucks we didn't get the what the WWF originally had planned though... Flair dropping the belt to Hogan, but we all know the story with Hogan.

For the time, we got a good match between The Undertaker and Jake Roberts. Which was considered his best early Wrestlemania match (up until 12 where he beat Nash) and even better than a few of his later matches (Bundy, Boss Man, Henry, Show & Albert).