WrestleMania 28 The Rock vs John Cena: Who should win?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Win you ask almost anyone what should the outcome to Cena vs. Rock be more often than not you get people saying Cena should win. The reason? Cena’s the current guy working their everyday. These guys are obviously drinking the kool-aid this is exactly what the WWE is sending John Cena out to tell the Rock wether he is or isn’t there.
By now your probably like ah this guys an attitude era Rock mark. Not quite. It’s true the Rock hasn’t been around for years. He comes back only to appear once every few months so does he really deserve to win. In lies the true question.

Who deserves/needs to win this match?
Nobody. If the Rock wins he’s been in Hollywood, he’ll be going back to Hollywood he’s agreed to wrestle now and again including Wrestelmania 29. Does John Cena need the win? He’s won a world championship 12 times in the WWE and has the 4 most cumulative days as a world champion in the WWE. The Rock is 14th on that same list with just under 300 days a third the length of John Cena. These are different times the players have changed etc. But this should show that neither man needs this match. So who needs the match?

Well in their minds the WWE needs this match. They know having the Rock face John Cena in money in the bank. People will buy the ppv which is money in everyones pockets from the board all the way to that sound guy in the corner.

If the match is meaningless than who should win?
The match is pretty meaningless if Cena wins he’s more than likely to lose more fans people especially in Miami Florida home of the Rock. The Rock doesn’t need fans he won’t be here in two months. So the only good outcome is the outcome that makes MORE MONEY.

The result.

A Draw, a draw makes Rock Cena II that much more important. It makes everyone more money next year. If their isn’t a result of the match people will tune in for the conclusion it’s like any cliff hanger it makes people want to see more. It may piss off some people claiming that a draw is a cheap ploy. These people are what are called marks. Because these people don’t already realize this match is already a cheap ploy, neither man needs that match, a win does nothing. That is a cheap ploy.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I have to disagree I think a draw will piss people who paid to see this match off including myself there has to be a winner and thats the bottom line

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Ironically I joked earlier that the perfect draw would involve stone cold.

Deuce

Reaction score
Some people can't take a joke :lmao & if anything, it looks like Cena will win. The Rock would have nothing going for him if he defeated Cena, we all know he isn't going to stick around. Cena on the otherhand, the guy would get tons of respect, the WWE would HAVE to push him and think about all the money they would make from his merchandise, they could even make some merchandise about how Cena defeated Rock.. who knows?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
:FAIL:
Some people can't take a joke :lmao & if anything, it looks like Cena will win. The Rock would have nothing going for him if he defeated Cena, we all know he isn't going to stick around. Cena on the otherhand, the guy would get tons of respect, the WWE would HAVE to push him and think about all the money they would make from his merchandise, they could even make some merchandise about how Cena defeated Rock.. who knows?
:FAIL:

Did you read the article where I say Cena does all this already so he's passed the need for the win.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'd only would want this to happen if they did a Rock/Cena 2 at the next mania which even then I don't want to see a rematch at mania as I wanna see them use both guys for other things. This would piss the hell out of the fans though if this happened which is why I could never imagine WWE going that far to protect both men. Interesting idea though but this is pretty much what Hogan/Rock was where it's kind of a passing of the torch deal just difference is Cena is way deeper into his main event status than Rock was when he faced Hogan.