Wrestlemania 25....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

who cares about 24...thats such a oddball number, but what do you think we may see at 25. What's the big money matchup? Will the wwe take a risk on putting a relative new comer into the main event slot like Kennedy, CM Punk, MVP. Or will we see Cena vs Legend.

I think right now the biggest WM match the wwe can put on is John Cena vs The Undertaker, assuming the deadman can still go in 2009.

I think if done right CM PUnk vs John Cena could be huge for the business.

We may also see HHH vs Edge on the SD side of things. Those are what i think could be the 2 biggest matches the wwe cna put on.

CenaMark54

Wrestlemania 25 will have Hogan on the card. Probably going up against John Cena.

Kennedy will probably be in the main event most likely agianst a big time veteran with proven Mania main event experience like HHH or Taker.

We will probably also get Orton vs Batista finally.

It really all depends on what happens this year.

I'd say the best possibilities for the upper card matches are;

Cena/Hogan
Cena/The Rock
Cena/Orton
Cena/Batista
Cena/HHH
Orton/HHH
Orton/Batista
Kennedy/HHH
Orton/Rock
Kennedy/Taker
Edge/HHH
Punk/HHH

Damn I could go on and on. Its too soon to even guess.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
and don't forget Jeff and Matt Hardy, lol.... I also want to see a Cena/Taker match I think this match will definitely be great! a HHH vs. Edge match on SD, well.. I never thought of seeing HHH on Smackdown, maybe this could be a interpromotional match... How 'bout an Orton vs. a TNA Legend like Sting?

3lions

Reaction score
The entire WWE landscape could have changed by 2009, so it is pretty difficult to predict the ME for the card, although it is pretty likely likely the standard marquee names will be in and around the ME. I can't really see too many new stars being created by that time. Kennedy is the only real possibility to be pushed to ME status by that time (Punk will stall and MVP will need more time). There are also good possibilities that Undertaker will have retired by this time and HBK will have taken a step down the card, similar to a Flair role.

Barring injury, Cena will be in the ME. That's a lock. It just depends on whether any other star can break through and step up to ME level. I could only see Cena against Kennedy/Batista/Ounk/Hogan and with Batista seeming like a likely opponenet for Cena at WM24 and Hogan on bad terms with WWE currently, it leaves two new guys. In that situation, I can see Kennedy getting the nod (but I have doubts that WWE would hold back on this feud for another 18 months).

As for the SD! ME, it's a toss up. The roster will have 1834858 shake ups until then, with their entire ME being out through injury - resulting in Snitsky entering Mania as Champion. In all seriousness though, Edge/Orton is a good possibility, as is Edge/Triple H. or even Edge/Punk as an outsider. Edge is their #1 guy and should ME for the brand, but his opponent could be anyone.

I also expect ECW to be retired by this time, so Punk ME'ing for Raw/SD! is a real possibility.

Edit: Jericho could even ME the show, as he is expected to sign with WWE soon.

Montana

Ah, Cenamark.....Batista vs Cena. That would probably be my pick, and "the money match" in my opinion. The respected Star of Raw vs the star of SD.

Some of the ones your mentioned didn't really feel, like the 25th anniversary of mania's main event.

Cena/Hogan <---- can hogan walk in 2 years?!?
Cena/The Rock <---- Maybe IF he returns full time, other wise, no way
Cena/Orton <--------already happened

Cena/Batista - yes, not because a great match, but how they paralled each other for 4 years.

Cena/HHH <------- theres a chance, but im not big on it
Orton/HHH <---------- Hmm, doesnt scream main event for me.
Orton/Batista <--------- same
Kennedy/HHH <--------- 24 ish
Orton/Rock<------------ under card, not main event.
Kennedy/Taker <-------- already happened
Edge/HHH <----------------- yes sir
Punk/HHH <-------------- I think this could be big, with the small history between the two. Doubt it though

I'm just saying this is the big one, and theres only a few real candidates, and i really don;t see the landscrape changing all that much. Taker/HBK are winding down. The wwe is not bringing in a lot of new talent these days. I can pretty much guanentee the two guys in the main event, are already on the current roster.

Hell Maybe HBK vs Undertake will headline, one last time.

CenaMark54

The thing is, I can see Cena vs Batista happening this year, not next year. With the seemingly never ending Orton vs Cena program that they are trying really hard to stretch out, it almost appears that It will be Orton/HHH at 24. It is also obvious it will be Edge/Taker on the SD side of things. That leaves Cena and Big Dave with nothing to do but go after each other.

Cena/Orton could happen at 25 if the roles are reversed. If this feud ends strong with people wanting more, that will give the WWE more than enough reason to go back at 25.

Orton/Batista would be a good match if a title is involved, but probably not good enough to be the last match.

You have got to beleive that Hogan would be involved in the 25th Mania. He can't move very well anymore, but that won't really matter if it is in a match vs Cena. Its the spectacle that draws not the actual match. Imagine the heat Cena would get going playing the heel against Hogan?

Montana

You bring up some great points cenamark. Rep +

But i think they may save Cena and Batista. If Jericho returns, i wouldn't be surprised if we get a Y2J vs Cena match. Batista could be involved in teh world championship match as well. But i think we will see HHH vs Cena at 24.

Me personally would like to see the Evolution fatal fourway at mania 24.

HHH vs Orton vs Batista vs Flair in his last match.

Flair runs through all three in a epic match. World title or not, it will be amazing. Have it come down to Flair vs. HHH or Orton. Flair makes one of them tap out, it'd be classic.

Which leaves Cena vs. Kennedy on the raw side.

Theres a million ways to mix it up.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
You bring up some great points cenamark. Rep +

But i think they may save Cena and Batista. If Jericho returns, i wouldn't be surprised if we get a Y2J vs Cena match. Batista could be involved in teh world championship match as well. But i think we will see HHH vs Cena at 24.

Me personally would like to see the Evolution fatal fourway at mania 24.

HHH vs Orton vs Batista vs Flair in his last match.

Flair runs through all three in a epic match. World title or not, it will be amazing. Have it come down to Flair vs. HHH or Orton. Flair makes one of them tap out, it'd be classic.

Which leaves Cena vs. Kennedy on the raw side.

Theres a million ways to mix it up.

I was thinking about the whole Y2J/Cena Match. I have a feeling they would've squared off at WM 22 if Jericho hadn't left...

And the Evolution dream match, I've always wanted to see something like this...

Great One

Evolution fatal four would be godly... but yeah, I can't really say for sure, but in dream match terms, nothing would come close to a money maker as Cena vs. Hogan I think... Austin vs. Hogan maybe a little behind.

kevin82593dmk

Reaction score
there will be too many new faces in the wwe by then to predict it now, but with the current roster i'd say edge\hhh and cena\punk or orton

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
Ah, Wrestlemania 25...it feels like it's just around the corner.....

Anyway, I'm thinking we could see a triple main event, For the WWE title, I'm expecting us to see something like HHH/Jericho. Would be a very good feud the second (or is it third?) time around. I like this feud with HHH as the heel and Jericho as the face, with the long running feud ending with Jericho finally getting the win over the Game.

On the Smackdown side of things, we have Randy Orton Vs. Edge for the World Title. I feel like Orton/Edge is a HUGE money match and one that could headline WM 25. This feud would be classic and I think these guys have pretty good chemistry in the ring, not to mention that they can both turn it on in the ring when called upon. Of course, while this match could headline any WM, it won't be the headliner here because, that will be:

John Cena Vs. The Rock - I'm not really buying into the rumors of the Rock returning this year, but I could definitely see him back next year with another year of trying to convince him. This is THE money match that the WWE needs to make happen. Would be a classic feud and could be made even better if the Rock were to return in the fall to give him some time in the ring before Mania.

wwerko619

Reaction score
I would defently put Cena .vs. Undertaker. For one, they both have not been defeated at WrestleMania, and two, that would be very historic. WrestleMania 25 would be a great one to hold it at. But i think WM 30 will be the biggest. 25 will probaly be in MSG.

C4

WrestleMania 25? Now don't go and make a predictions Thread for WrestleMania 28 or WrestleMania 29 Montana, lol it's just too early.

But anyways, John Cena is going to be in the Main Event once again, and perhaps we will see a torch passing by some older guy like Hulk Hogan or The Rock to John Cena in LasVegas? But I don't really think that Hogan can walk into Mania25' he will be too old by then, and even if he decides to have a Match with someone I don't think he will be ready to loose against his opponent, but then again let's see what happens. As for The Rock coming in that remains to be a question. I wish they make him do something at WM24.

If not this year, Jeff Hardy will play a Major role in WrestleMania 25 maybe he wins the Money in the Bank at this years Mania, wins the Royal Rumble or he has a Match with HHH, next year he is going to step in as World Champion or go out as the World Heavyweight Champion or WWE Champion. It's about time they do something with the guy, he has alot of talent.

Montana

Well 25 is like a milestone, thats why i made this thread. Plus i was probably bored.

Now that you mention it....Heres a interesting idea. Not too likely but whatever. Lets say HHH squashes J. Hardy a few times and turns heel before 24. At 24 Hardy wins mitb. Holds it til 25 where he faces the man he can't beat in HHH? Just a idea.

I do like the idea of Cena vs Legend.