(((( WrestleMania 24 Rumors )))))

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

I know its early, but what the hell. I did it last year, because i got to go to the event, but i figured i would keep up with this year too. Its going to change a million times over the next 300 days or so. But heres what im thinking.

John Cena

Its almost a fact that Cena will be champ come 24, if not injuried. He's the franchise and cornerstone (despite a few ppl thinking HHH) He's going to headline because he's the biggest draw, and the wwe knows what its going by keeping the belt on Cena

Most Likely Match: Cena vs HHH II, Cena vs Mr Kennedy (double turn in the process, Cena goes heel, Kennedy face)

My Favorite scenario: Cena vs CM Punk. Complete opposites. The Entertainer vs The wrestler. The IWC would go insane over this match. It's a big time draw imo. Plus its something fresh, but the only downside i see is that the wwe would have to push CM Punk very fast. (Royal Rumble winner)

Edge

Hopefully he's champ come WM, as he deserves to main event the show. He's been the top heel for almost 2 years now. Taker and Kennedy are the top choices. But the draft will shake things up.

Most likely: Edge vs Taker

My Favorite Scenario: Edge vs Taker with a stipulation (casket, Buried alive, HIAC)

HHH

You know HHH wants the spotlight, but hopefully the wwe realizes HHH DOES NOT need the belt to be over. He can put talent over, and is really the man to beat in terms of becoming respected. I said this last year, but i want to see HHH vs Mr Kennedy. Book it wwe!

Most Likely: HHH Vs Cena (so predictable) , HHH vs Orton (probably before mania) HHH vs Lashley (ewww)

My Favorite Scenario HHH vs Kennedy or HHH vs HBK.

Ric Flair

This has been stated many times to be Ric Flairs last match. The wwe apparently would like to do somehting special with this match. Most of the current wwe roster isnt worthy of being matched up against Flair for this match. Right now its only speculation but there are a few matchups the fans are talking about. Flair vs Orton or HBK. Other ideas include bringing back a legend to face off against RIc FLair. Legends include Hogan, Sting and Dusty Rhodes.

Most Likely I wouldnt say any yet, but Randy Orton would probably have the best chance on the current roster.

My Favorite I really like the legends idea, I'd probably pick Sting, Hogan or Rhodes before anyone on the current roster, except the match would be slow paced. I wouldnt mind though. Ric Flair should have one last big matchup. So Sting would be my best case scenario.

Other rumors:

HBK vs ORton

Ill add more for after the draft, if not before then.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
edge vs taker HIAC at mania=pure gold
obviously Cena will be in main event, they don't make him win again anyways...
don't know about HHH, against HBK was great, but it's repetitive, against Orton will be over before mania, against Lashley i don't want to see it

PeepShow

All are great senerios except the HHH/Lashley rumor. HHH would carry all of that match. I would love to see that Cena/Kennedy. But overall the WWE is too damn stupid to do what the fans want. I meen just look at the last 2 yrs. :sad:

CenaMark54

If they book these matches, I'll be very happy;

Jericho vs Cena for the WWE championship
HHH vs CM Punk
Taker vs Egde for the WHC
HBK vs Orton
Lashley vs Batista
MITB 4: Kennedy vs Burke vs Jeff Hardy vs Shelton vs Nitro vs Kenny D

Some make sense, others don't, This is the WWE we are talking about so it won't make sense regardless.

The Ripper

Reaction score
All the matches you proposed were great. But it is pointless to predict now because of injuries, Brand jumps and New signings

Montana

I did call HBK vs Cena all last year. I only wrote 3 wrestlers, and will add on as the rumor mill continues on. I didnt think this thread would be this active just yet. I basically run down the current info and all the rumors. Like how Ric Flair said 24 would feature his last match. The rumor mill on his opponenet will be going wild i think. I wouldnt be shocked to see be apart of a major match (injury pending)

So this thread is not intended to be dream card for 24, simply just a Rumored thread. And everytime someone hears a reasonable rumor + credible source it can be posted.

Truth

Reaction score
I'm thinking we see Cena vs. HHH II, HBK vs. Orton, Undertaker vs. Edge, Kennedy vs. CM Punk as the top 4 matches. That would definetly make for a WM to remember, and if the lower card is also strong, it would be one of the best.

3lions

Reaction score
Edge/Undertaker
Cena/Kennedy
Orton/HBK
Lashley/Burke/Cor Von
Benoit/Punk

Wordlife

i wanna see cena vs kennedy, that would be cool, oh and btw peepshow.... ur avatar is f'n hilarious

SnackZ

Reaction score
Cool thread Montana - this was fun last year. Here's my card:

Raw Main Event:
John Cena (c) vs. HHH

SmackDown Main Event:
Hell In A Cell
Edge (c) vs. Taker

ECW Main Event:
Kennedy (Rumble Winner) vs. CM Punk (c)

HBK vs Orton

Ric Flair w/ Arn Anderson in his corner vs. Dusty Rhodes w/ Dustin in his corner

Mick Foley vs. Vince McMahon (special guest Ref - The Rock)

MITB4
MVP vs. Elijah Burke vs. Johnny Nitro vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Marcus Cor Von vs. Chris Masters

Womens Gimmick Match

Tag Team Battle Royal
Cade & Murdoch vs. TWGTT vs. Cryme Time vs. Major Brothers vs. Londrick vs. Deuce & Domino vs. (more to come later)

I also think Rey Mysterio and Batista will play a big part of the event but I can't see how right now.

Reaction score
HHH vs Lashley would be shit. HHH vs HBK wont happen because WWE doesnt want either to be heel, and its already hapenned alot before. I hate reserrecting old fueds they just arent the same as they used to be. HHH vs Cena also would be way to predictable and THE SAME EXACT THING as WM23. This leaves HHH vs Kennedy. Unlikely to happen because WWE just cant have a main event without the word "Cena" in it, but a good dream match nonetheless.

vivalaraza07

Reaction score
yeah i heard flairs last match will be wm 24 just before he tries to run for governor of North Carolina because thats what he said sometime last year he was going to run for governor of North Carolina in 2008

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Well ,since you guys got to do a 'Mania card,Then I'm gonna do one.:
-RAW MainEvent:John Cena vs Bobby Lashley.
-SmackDown mainevent:EDGE vs Ric Flair or Matt Hardy.
-Interpromotional Match:Bro's of Destruction vs DX.
-Money in the bank 4:Johnny Nitro,Jeff Hardy,Paul London,Brian Kenderick,Haas,Shelton,super crazy,mick foley.
-EcW mainevent:CM Punk vs Gregory Helms

I Don't know, but thats just my guess,so whatever.