Worst WrestleMania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BoundtoFail1

Jobber
Reaction score
What's the worst WrestleMania you've seen?
I'm honestly stuck between 9 and 11. I'm going to go with 11, though, just because of the sheer absurdity of the main event both on paper and in execution.

Reactions: Action Jackson

DPgtfan

Jobber
Reaction score
11 was bad, except Pamela Anderson

Dejuan

Jobber
Reaction score
a780ba6248d417a6fafbf70026647358.jpg

i hated this match

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
What's the worst WrestleMania you've seen?
I'm honestly stuck between 9 and 11. I'm going to go with 11, though, just because of the sheer absurdity of the main event both on paper and in execution.

I'd like to preface this by saying I love all WrestleManias, even the shitty ones.

That said... I would go with 9. I can't turn heel on Mania 11, because I'm a huge Kliq mark.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
29. Just can't.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to go with Wrestlemania 2. I didn't like it being broadcast from three different venues (even though I shouldn't care since it doesn't affect the viewer at home), the celebrity guest commentators were horrible, there were only a couple of decent matches on the whole card, etc. It doesn't say a whole lot for the quality of the show if the best match on a wrestling card (let alone the biggest card of the year) is a boxing match.

Wrestlemania 9 is a close second. There is hardly a good match in this whole thing. Ramon/Backlund, Michaels/Tatanka and Steiners/Headshrinkers were all decent bouts but that's about it. I also didn't like the Roman theme or the event being outdoors. Plus, you have "Macho Man" Randy Savage there and you use him as a commentator instead of as an in-ring performer? *Facepalm*

Wrestlemania 11 and 27 get shit on a lot but they had at least some type of saving grace that keeps them from being wholly unwatchable. The double main event of WM11 delivered. Shawn Michaels carried Diesel to a great match, and for a non-wrestling celebrity, Lawrence Taylor put on an impressive performance against Bam Bam Bigelow. WM27 has Punk/Orton and Undertaker/HHH (I know I said recently that HHH/Undertaker was boring, but I've altered my opinion on that a little bit) and Edge/Del Rio and Rhodes/Mysterio were decent, and the Trish Stratus appearance was nice to see. And it was cool seeing The Rock.

Kooldip

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I actually have this listed (believe it or not), one being the worst.
1. Wrestlemania 2 - You guys pretty much touched on why this show sucked.
2. Wrestlemania 2000 - Not one singles match on this card and it was filled with boring matches. The main event was just pointless, HHH vs Rock was what they wanted anyway and if the match from Backlash was mirrored and took place at WM, it would have gone down as one of the best WM main events ever.
3. Wrestlemania 11 - Beyond lackluster card, however as said above, it wasn't overly boring because the two top matches were at least some what entertaining.
4. Wrestlemania 9 - Fuck Hogan, Michaels ruined what could have been a great match and the rest of the card was a snoozer.
5. Wrestlemania 15 - Main event was awesome, home to the worst HIAC match ever and everything else was boring. The Hardcore Title match wasn't bad.