With his PSAC suspension just lifted, Nate Marquardt now responds to his recent criti

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
nate-marquardt1.jpg
With his PSAC suspension just lifted, Nate Marquardt now responds to his recent critics in an interview with MMA Junkie:

"Some of the fighters that think they're so cool and tough by kicking a guy when he's down – as far as my career, this has been one of the worst times of my life, and these guys are calling me a cheater and talking crap – I've taken note as to who those guys are, and I'm going to come for them. Eventually, I'll get them. I don't care if it's in a superfight or if they want to come down to my gym. I'll beat them up for free."

"I think you know who these guys are – Ben Askren, B.J. Penn, Paul Daley, Hector Lombard, cowards talking crap about a guy when he's in such a situation. They're trying to take advantage of the situation. They're bullies. Those are the guys I want to beat up."

"I'm not putting the blame on everyone else," Marquardt said. "Everyone had their little piece of fault, but I accept my part in the blame. The fault that I had, I take responsibility for. There are a few little things that if I could go back in time and change them, I wouldn't be in this position. There's things I'm doing now that will prevent this from ever happening again or ever becoming an issue.

"The truth is going to come out over time. It has already started to come back. I was under suspension for literally less than three weeks, and my suspension was lifted. I didn't get any fines. This hasn't happened before in this sport, and it shows that I wasn't cheating. I have hope. There are crap-talkers like B.J. Penn who want to kick a guy when he's down, and I would love to fight that guy."