Will Riley ever be pushed?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
dab83765510d36dc2252c55e3858ab8c.jpg

I've been a huge Riley mark since I saw glimpses of his FCW work, and then his NXT work. The guy has the perfect look, can work as a face and a heel, and has some of the best mic work in WWE from what I've seen. The guy trends on Twitter after any appearance, and has been over ever since his split with The Miz (credit to both guys).

I understand his ring work is lacklustre, but WWE has never used that excuse not to push other great talkers. Why not give him a long midcard run on live TV to give him experience? What better superstar to challenge Antonio Cesaro who is himself experienced and incredibly talented? Riley would learn a lot.

The promos speak for themselves though:

Heel:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COD_VGHmSFQ[/yt]

Heel:

Face:

That pop ^

Heel:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUght84qmV8[/yt]

2.30 ^

The guy has a dope theme as well. For those hanging on the ring work, he's had a LOT of matches since and hasn't botched like his previous infamous botches. Will he ever be pushed or is he going to be one of the post-Wrestlemania lay-offs that occur yearly?

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
He seems lost in the shuffle now. I don't recall the last time I even saw him on the shows. If they did push him, he seems like someone who would reach the level of someone like Mr. Perfect but I don't know if they'd put him at the very top.

Reactions: seabs

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He has everything IMO, he looks like a million bucks, can speak and has charisma. I shit on his ring work but honestly it doesn't really matter, look how horrible Miz or Cena were when they first held the title. The biggest problem IMO was his horrible botches during his push caused him to get lost in the shuffle and now they've forgotten about him.

NXT tags too :obama:

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Loved the, "Look at you. You got you hair done, nails done, every big, oh you think you fancy huh?"

But it was rumored his push failed cause he stood up against Cena or some bullshit.
He had so much potential.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Pretty sure most of you know my reply, but for those of you who don't, here's 2 different versions:

Long version:
If WWE grows a brain/balls and actually thinks that pushing somebody the fans actually want to see as a babyface is a good idea

Short version:
No.

Reactions: Crayo

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
It's kind of sad that in that Eve/Riley/Miz segment, I thought Miz did the worst job of them all. Not counting Truth, as I always thought Truth was terrible on the mic so his role was expected here.

As for the question at hand, seriously doubt it. And to be completely honest, I'm not that bothered by it. I liked Riley, I really did but he doesn't really possess anything that makes me all too upset at his treatment. Now, if I was in a position of power, I'd definitely change his current position and start pushing him. I think WWE's handling of him has been rather Blue to put it bluntly. However just as a fan, I don't care about him enough to be bothered by it.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
A-ry does sound great on the Mic, I'm also glad he betrayed the Miz, that's a career stopper right there (being with the Miz that is). If it was a locker room reason he didn't get a push, then they're wasting talent.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Rain said:
Pretty sure most of you know my reply, but for those of you who don't, here's 2 different versions:

Long version:
If WWE grows a brain/balls and actually thinks that pushing somebody the fans actually want to see as a babyface is a good idea

Short version:
No.

Quality response:obama:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I can't say. He has all the tools, but something must be holding him down. He has impoved a lot in the ring, maybe they just forgot about him or are saving him up for later.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I like Riley but I don't think he's as great as some people make him out to be. He's pretty good but I don't think he'll be the next Cena or anything like that (if even given a chance).

Anyway, I don't think he'll ever get a push knowing WWE.

Reactions: seabs