Will Punk do something extraordinary?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
He closed the biggest show in history with a heel turn, it's the summer and he's the posterboy for night of champions. Will we see Punk do something awesome in terms of storyline soon? Some have said things like taking the title hostage which I think is cool but too similar to last year.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I doubt it. WWE might try to recapture last summer's momentum with a similar storyline but that ship has sailed. He needs to do something different from his last big storyline if he wants to make a real splash, and I don't see it happening.

I know I won't be able to take him serious if he is suddenly like 'umm. hey guys I'm totally pissed at WWE again! time to shoot!'

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
We don't know yet, you can find out August 19 for only $44.95.

Seriously, I'm not expecting anything really earth-shattering to come out of this, but I wouldn't rule it out. Just being cautiously pessimistic. ;)

Although if they try to do the same thing to get him over as a heel that got him over as a face... I'm not sure if even WWE would be dumb enough to do that.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
I hope they figure out something good to do. what that good thing is, I will leave in the capable hands of the creative team!

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Lobsterfrogman said:
We don't know yet, you can find out August 19 for only $44.95.

Seriously, I'm not expecting anything really earth-shattering to come out of this, but I wouldn't rule it out. Just being cautiously pessimistic. ;)

Although if they try to do the same thing to get him over as a heel that got him over as a face... I'm not sure if even WWE would be dumb enough to do that.

Having Punk shoot on everyone including smarks could be nice.. ala Pillman in the 90s.

Although if you diss the shit out of smarks it will only tickle our balls and make us giggle.. we would just be thrilled to be acknowledged

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Lmao I'd sig that if I could.

I'll allow it, just put it at the bottom and not the top.

The more people with my quotes in their sig the better

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
It seems inevitable that they're gonna go down the route of Punk being pissed off because of not getting the main event slots despite being champ.

It will work I guess, I just hope that it is fresh and different from last year. I loved last year's and I'm sure if they did it again it would be better than the usual stories we see on Raw; however it would never feel real like last year's did. That's what made it feel so special, it would feel far too manufactured if they tried to repeat it.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I think I'm the only one who won't be disappointed if it's a rerun of last year. Sure it can be better but it can work so well. He can be pissed off that he himself fell into the WWE mold and how he ignored his beliefs because he was champ. But no more bla bla.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
As Rain said though.. why turn him heel and then start to use the same type of storyline that got him so over as a face to begin with? He won't get boo'd if he's cutting those types of anti-WWe promos

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
yeah hopefully he jobs. That would be extraordinary