Will Ospreay talks record low Dynamite rating

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

The June 19 episode of AEW Dynamite registered the lowest rating in the show's history, according to Programming Insider.

One of the headliners from that night was AEW international champion Will Ospreay, who is slated to challenge AEW world champion Swerve Strickland in the main event of the Forbidden Door pay-per-view this weekend. Ospreay spoke with CBS Sports this week and reflected on that alarming rating.

"That one did suck to see when it came out because, for me, that was a home run Dynamite," Ospreay said. "It was an excellent show. There weren't any down points in it for me."
"It sucks that it was such a low rating but it's just motivating me and I'm sure it's motivating others to try and think out of the box and come back swinging," Ospreay said. "I'm not someone who ignores that type of s---. I see it and I take note of it. I put it in the checkbook and I make sure whatever we do next week, we come back swinging. We shouldn't ignore criticism or shy away from it. We're still a five-year company and we're still hitting the ropes with these things. For me, AEW still has lots of growing pains to go through."
"The fact that I get to say that I'm going back to Wembley Stadium -- even that sentence alone -- it's crazy," Ospreay said. "The who's who of professional wrestling, some of them haven't even wrestled at Wembley Stadium. It's such a historic venue. It's the largest venue in the United Kingdom.

"It's such an incredible feeling knowing I get to be an hour away from one of the greatest venues of all time. Being in there with some of the most incredible roster ever known to professional wrestling, I can't believe how lucky I am to live in this generation of professional wrestling."

Reactions: Roy Mustang