Why Orton missed Summerslam

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
- As previously mentioned, Randy Orton is scheduled to be taking time off soon to film WWE’s new “12 Rounds” film in Canada, which is why he wasn’t booked at SummerSlam this year.

Many have speculated that Orton was still being punished for his second Wellness Policy suspension, however that’s not the case. PWInsider is reporting that the company didn’t want to put him into an upper-tier position only to pull him back out of it again to shoot the film.

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/why-randy-orton-missed-summerslam-update-on-steven-austins-redneck-island#ixzz247hfZz3j

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
:facepalm1: Congratulations on the movie I guess, but it goes to show you how much they enforce the policy. Such a stupid thing for a boring character.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
im not even going to pirate that movie :smug:

isn't that what theyre doing with jericho though? :p put him in a storyline and then he vanishes

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
:dafuq: why did he beat Del Rio clean on RAW then. :facepalm:

Reactions: Snowman1

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
:dafuq: why did he beat Del Rio clean on RAW then. :facepalm:

That was a dirty win. Sheamus got involved and all it served was to enhance the Del Rio v Sheamus feud.

MegaBotch

Jobber
Reaction score
If he's going to be gone shooting a movie, what was the point of bringing him back, not place him in a feud, and then allow him to leave for a movie?

What would have made more sense is keeping Orton off camera until the movie finished shooting and then repackaging him as a heel. Enough time would have passed that the audience would have accepted him as a heel. That way, he could have contributed while having some real character progression.

Stopspot

Reaction score
MegaBotch said:
If he's going to be gone shooting a movie, what was the point of bringing him back, not place him in a feud, and then allow him to leave for a movie?

What would have made more sense is keeping Orton off camera until the movie finished shooting and then repackaging him as a heel. Enough time would have passed that the audience would have accepted him as a heel. That way, he could have contributed while having some real character progression.

Because Randy is a relatively good draw. They want people on stage that draws asses into the seats.

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
MegaBotch said:

THIS!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I don't remember the SD ratings being very high when Orton was champ... of course the show overall was really bad then too so it's hard to blame him.

As for right now Jonathan's right, he shouldn't have beaten guys like ADR clean (he did on Smackdown a few weeks ago) if he wasn't going to do anything for a while, it makes no sense.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Rainman said:
I don't remember the SD ratings being very high when Orton was champ... of course the show overall was really bad then too so it's hard to blame him.

As for right now Jonathan's right, he shouldn't have beaten guys like ADR clean (he did on Smackdown a few weeks ago) if he wasn't going to do anything for a while, it makes no sense.

When he was brought back (same time that he beat Del Rio clean) he wasn't slated to appear in the movie yet. Thus they planned to use him in the WHC scene.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
When he was brought back (same time that he beat Del Rio clean) he wasn't slated to appear in the movie yet. Thus they planned to use him in the WHC scene.

Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up!

Stopspot

Reaction score
No worries. They infact dropped him from the title scene only a week or so ago, up until then they were on the fence with putting him in the match, knowing he had been slated for the movie.