Why Kane needs the Mask!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the-gaffer

Reaction score
First off I think this is the best angle I have seen Kane involved in for a long long time.
He seems up for it and back on the number one show he actually looks motivated although his time spent as ECW champion was well received in my opinion!

Coming out last week and going off his head and asking the now seemingly famous question 'Is he alive or is he dead' led to almost everyone asking "whats he talking about?" is it Paul Bearer, Is it the Undertaker or even Vince McMahon, NONE of which where my personal choices however.
I for one was sure since he uttered those words he was referring to the old Kane, the one who arrived hungry in 1997 to extract revenge in the brother who left him for dead and scarred him to the extent he hid himself from the world, he was lean, mean and hungry to succeed!

Since then he has taken off the Mask and lost a lot of muscle mast although thats been replaced by flab although he is not as fat as some would have you believe, since taking off the mask many have wondered WHY he wore it in the first place, he had no scars as such, there was nothing wrong with him so why did he wear it, OR SO IT SEEMED........

I think its obvious why Kane wore the mask, or at least obvious as to why they can book him to wear it again and why he wore it all those years ago.
Kane was scarred, maybe not in the grander scheme of things, maybe not naturally scarred with a deformed face but scarred all the same, the only way he thought he could be accepted and succeed in life was by hiding away, covering himself up, not exposing himself to the world and most certainly not to his brother.
Kane should put the mask back on, he needs it, it gives him a confidence to portray the machine he once was, it gives him the well being knowing that no matter what happens no one will ever again see what hides behind the mask.

ITS NOT A PHYSICAL PROBLEM WITH KANE ITS SIMPLY A PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEM!!!!!

He needs to hide away so no one can get in, he needs to stick to basics, he has given so much away in the last few years and in doing so he has lost his appeal.
Kane last night was heard saying "I'm Sorry" then later on saying "I know he is dead!" however he was clutching that sack around with him like it vital, it could only be holding one thing, his Mask, he may feel he knows 'He is dead' however I believe he will have some help in finding that out for himself.

I can only hope its James Mitchell that helps Kane find the Big Red Machine once again!

Even if Mitchell is not involved, I really believe this could be the best thing to happen to Kane in years and if he takes to his role as professionally as we know he can then Kane could once again be a top top draw for the WWE although I do honestly feel he is by the PPV main event stage now, however just like the Undertaker and Shawn Michaels he is one of the very few characters who do not need a title to sell a match!

seX-Power

I am looking forward to how this pans out, I agree with you that this is about the mask, and that's what was in the bag. IMO, this is making me interested in Raw again...

ben.waller

Reaction score
That is a very very clever way of thinking about it, I never thought about it like that myself.

Thank you very much for that, and this angle is panning out to be possibly one of the best Kane angles in years. I'm looking forward to him possibly bringing the mask back, it'll give Kane something extra... I'm not quite sure what that is, it's just different seeing Kane with a mask on, he looks as if he is the dominant force...

It gives him extra look... Interesting this should be.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

See the thing is, WWE have always had a pattern of pushing Kane as a monster for a while, before it dies back down and no one cares anymore. They never pull the trigger, he just goes on a rampgae, and it ends. This nis what this angle will end up like. Will he get the mask back? Probably.

Wrestling Station

Because he's having bad breathe?...

But seriously, when was the last time we saw a monster wearing a mask in the WWE?.. the only ones that are wearing masks are the lucha libre wrestlers (Rey Mysterio, etc..) and thats it. TNA got Abyss (which is a rip off Kane and Taker anyway).. and WWE needs that monster gimmick at its maximum. Kane is the right guy for this.

On a side note, Raw is turning to be another Attitude Era as the shows carry on.

Travis40

Because he's having bad breathe?...

But seriously, when was the last time we saw a monster wearing a mask in the WWE?.. the only ones that are wearing masks are the lucha libre wrestlers (Rey Mysterio, etc..) and thats it. TNA got Abyss (which is a rip off Kane and Taker anyway).. and WWE needs that monster gimmick at its maximum. Kane is the right guy for this.

On a side note, Raw is turning to be another Attitude Era as the shows carry on.

Don't forget Mankind :shock:

But yeah, it's gotta be his mask.

I agree with WS here, every week Raw is getting better and better and I can't wait to see where they go next week. Raw is really working with what they have now. Even though they have a limited supply of Main Eventers, they're making tons of them (Punk, Birchill, Kingston, etc)

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I don't get why everyone is orgasming over that mask. Tell me, why would he put it back on? We know he's not scarred, and more importantly, HE knows he's not scarred. And besides that, why would he suddenly go back to entering the ring in complete silence, standing motionless, tilting his head to one side? Kane is not the same person anymore, and it'd make absolutely no sense to make it like he is.

ollie

Reaction score
Spent the whole raw trying to figure out what was in the bag - never thought of the mask. Hopefully it was

Soulpower

My "sources" found a pic of the new mask.

ejiovc.jpg

Kaedon

Reaction score
From a purely wrestling standpoint, the mask is a bad idea. Kane has some of the best facial features of any superstar in the history of wrestling. You put a mask on him, you cant tell if he's pissed, sad or whatever. When he took on Taker last time at WM, the buildup was much better than the build up to their first match because you could see the fear in Kane's eyes. You saw it in his face "Oh shit its big bro". You put a mask on and all of that drama goes right out the window.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Whats the point of him taking off his mask than putting his mask back on? We are in a new generation, people don't buy into guys with masks, especially when they already seen his face.

People need to stop trying to re-live the past, and look for the future.

chessarmy

It wouldn't make much sense to put the mask back on since we've already seen what he looks like. If he actually does put that mask back on, I really wouldn't mind. I think it would be pretty cool, but tbh I see this angle leading to something else. I'm not sure what that is but, I really don't know if this is all going to end with Kane putting his mask back on again

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
but the thing with a guy that's like a monster heel like Kane is proposed to be is that once he loses, it's like that he loses all of his steam. He can keep plowing through his opponents, but the "wow" factor of Kane in a mask destroying people will get old once he loses cleanly.

Macc Lad

Reaction score
I think they are going for the mask angle and it will come about through some kind of split personality in Kane.
His normal face side and his monster heel side ending up in an argument with himself resulting in him selfharming his own face and the heel side wins and the mask is once again adorned.