Why does Vince keep King around?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I wonder this myself, since one of the main reasons he took JR off TV pretty much permanently now is because he wants a 'younger cast' calling his TV shows, yet Lawler is actually a little older than JR. He's also become dreadfully boring, and he's been that way for years. I think more than anything, it might be because they feel they don't have a good enough replacement for Lawler who Cole has good chemistry with (who does commentary on SD? Booker T.? I really don't keep up) and because there's a comfortable zone because he's been at the broadcast table for so long.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Matthews and Cole have awesome chemistry, so does Booker and Cole. Cole is basically a lone commentator on RAW with a guy who only comes to life when Women a third of his age arrive.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
I've heard that he has too much respect for him to fire him :dawg:

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Vince McMahon said:
I've heard that he has too much respect for him to fire him :dawg:

I've read something similar. Jerry believes in himself more and would leave WWE if he wasnt't paid so well

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, King is only doing it for the paycheck. I also wonder why Vince keeps him around, I mean, I heard that Vince doesn't scream at him when he's on commentary (unlike he does to the other announcers) because of that time when he quit in 2001 because they fired his bitch wife who cheated on him later or something, so McMahon, who seems to like people who "stand up for themselves", keeps him around for respect, I believe. I'm pretty sure it's not because there isn't suitable replacement. Mathews, and maybe even Regal in the near future could work with Cole on Raw.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Any reason I could think of for why he keeps Lawler around would be invalidated by the fact that JR isn't on commentary any longer, unless Ross just doesn't want to do it anymore.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Ross wants to be there, but Vince doesn't see Ross as a reputable employee, i.e. his weight. I know Ross has been the same size for so many years, but now the company is evolving and it looks bad to have a guy overweight/obese (not exactly sure) as your lead announcer in public view every-week. At least, this according to Dave Meltzer.

Vince has too much respect for Lawler. Lawler and Ross back on RAW would be great because they have so much chemsitry, where as Cole and Lawler don't.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Lawler is a lard arse too though :S. Cole is bearable when given opposition or toned down, Jerry is horrible who ever he is with.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Seabs said:
Lawler is a lard arse too though :S. Cole is bearable when given opposition or toned down, Jerry is horrible who ever he is with.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, Cole isn't very good either. Lawler needs to turn heel.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
I regret setting fire to Jim Ross, I wish I had done that the Jerry Lawler

You also set MVP on fire, hence why he went to Japan and JR is in NXT.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
the only place he can ball now is in the burn ward

/me laughs. He thought you would have left after The Rock beat your Monkey ass all the way to chicago.