Why ADR Became Champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
- It’s no secret within WWE that Alberto Del Rio’s World Heavyweight Title push is tied into Cain Velasquez winning the UFC Heavyweight Title and doing a shockingly big number on pay-per-view. Del Rio’s title win happened about a week after WWE became aware that the UFC show with Latin Superstar Velasquez winning did a lot better than expected going in.

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/backstage-news-alberto-del-rios-title-win-miz-talks-rock-vs-cm-punk-jim-ross#ixzz2Iu8KZYiT

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
lolwut? :dafuq: So ADR won because of Cain Velasquez?

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
So WWE is booked by Eric Cartman?

:lol1: Screw you guys, I'm going home!
fbad162d8406e52fb4300829304e75fc.gif

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
:dafuq:

#WWELogic

Seriously, I was all for ADR winning the title, but not because of a stupid UFC title change.

Screw you WWE!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Copycats? Puh-lease. Copying the UFC will get you nowhere, you're a completely seperate entity.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
That's ridiculous. What, will Vince just one day go "hey guys, those UFC people are hitting each other for real and making some great money on PPV, let's start fighting for real too!"?

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Why can't his title run be because he's a great worker in the ring. It would make sense though, because WWE has no current latin face if you think about it. Mysterio and Cara are consistently out of the picture, so that just leaves Del Rio because Hunico is injured. WWE needed a latin face, it had nothing to do with Cain Valasquez winning. I think the title change was just to emphasize that he's the new top dog when it comes to the latin wrestlers.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hmm interesting theory. I'm assuming vince was informed of the success, because Vince doesn't pay attention to anything out of the WWE. He gets 5 min run downs

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
This sounds weird to me, the RTWM is normally the time when most storylines (at least the major ones/ones for belts) are all set and they'd avoid changes, and ADR winning out of nowhere sounds like more of a last minute decision. Could see Vince reacting like that to the UFC stuff "they're making money out of Mexico? I gotta get myself some of that" or something and putting the belt on Del Rio, but if they just wanted a new latino face, a last minute decision like that sounds like something they'd do after WM. Still, he's entertaining me as champ, so no problem there actually.