Who in your own opinion, are the greatest pro wrestlers(of any promotion/organization) to...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
By 'Pro Wrestler', I take that to mean someone who encompasses all of the skills and traits that define someone as a true overall superstar (personality, charisma, in-ring ability, mic skills, etc.) By that criteria, Piper is definitely one of the most deserving guys to have never worn a world championship before. Hell, arguably THE most deserving, in fact. I'm not even a huge fan of the guy personally, but he was one of the most effective heels of the 80's and his rivalry with Hulk Hogan was a huge selling point of the very first Wrestlemania, so there's a lot of objectivity in saying how he could have made a great champion had they passed the title to him at a certain point back then.

While we're on the subject of 80's superstars who could have made good champions, Ted Dibiase, Jake Roberts, Rick Rude, and Mr. Perfect are names that are worth throwing out as well... Dibiase is probably the most ideal choice because it would have went well with his "Million-Dollar Man" persona, and like with the Piper example above, he was actually involved in a storyline with top babyfaces like Hogan and Savage that revolved around the WWF Championship at one point, so...

Razor Ramon would have made a great champion in the 90's, too. One of the first-ever "Anti-Hero" characters in WWE and a hell of a personality, worker, and in-ring psychologist to boot, he was also one of the most over faces of the "New Generation" era. And his character loved gold, as evidenced by the gold necklaces he wore around his neck. Seeing him win the world title and proclaim himself to have finally grabbed hold of the most prestigious and priciest gold of all (not to mention he could have had a good title reign with the likes of Bret Hart, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Diesel, etc. as his opponents, nearly all of whom he had history with that they could reference) would have been fitting for his character.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
^Rick Rude won 3 or 4 world titles, just not in WWF, but the NWA/WCW title was on the same level as the WWF title at the time.

Piper, no thanks. Scott Hall for sure though. He is always the guy that springs to mind for me as the best all-rounder I saw to not win a belt. He probably would have gotten world titles if he didn't spring for WCW.

Owen Hart definitely had world title appeal IMO. Not as a mainstay champion, but he worked well as a heel or face, was arguably the best worker on the roster for stretches of the 90s and around the time he was working the angle with Bret he was hot as a firecracker.

Reactions: Red Rain

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Razor Ramon or Mr. perfect. Bobby Roode for today's best(assuming you exclude tna world title for being weak in comparison)

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Historically: Razor & Owen spring to mind.

Right now: Jay Lethal.

I'm sure I can think of some more

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Mr. Perfect, Razor, Regal, Owen

As for now: Jay Lethal only comes to mind.