Who could compete with Punk on the mic?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
On the current roster, who could compete with Punk in an unscripted promo?

Despite the hate Punk receives he's one of the best talkers in professional wrestling, especially when he has no script and can talk about whatever he wants. I think Jericho could compete with him, perhaps an unleashed John Cena could compete with him, but what do you think?

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Jericho, tbh I think Bryan's great on the mic, and don't know if this counts but I have to mention Ambrose.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Puff :boss1:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Seabs said:
Hero, Ziggler,Miz, HHH, Christian, Ambrose and a heel Clay Imo.

Miz and Ambrose yeah. I don't think Christian (all be it he's very good), HHH, Hero, Clay or Ziggler come close. HHH is great on the mic but he was demolished by Punk in their encounters. Ambrose is a special talent and Miz unleashed is as good as they get. But I would still put my chips with CM Punk.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
In WWE: HHH, Jericho

Outside WWE:

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Christian as a heel would get closer but as a face he's too bland.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I'm not talking about heels/faces. Christian would be close I reckon. I'm talking about an unscripted promo head to head. Punk/HHH last year was pretty much unscripted, Punk owned him.

Ziggler is decent on the mic but he's no Punk/Jericho, no where near. Those two will go down in history as some of the best talkers of all time.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I'm not talking about heels/faces. Christian would be close I reckon. I'm talking about an unscripted promo head to head. Punk/HHH last year was pretty much unscripted, Punk owned him.

Ziggler is decent on the mic but he's no Punk/Jericho, no where near. Those two will go down in history as some of the best talkers of all time.

Oh, well then not many would, Jericho is the only one I can think of.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
The problem is, we haven't really seen the vast of majority of guys give an 'unscripted' promo so I have no idea.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
We've seen glimpses, but that's why there's a thread, it's who do you think judging from what you've seen in semi-unscripted and even scripted promos could match Punk. Cena's shoot-type promo on Rock puts him up there for me. Rock himself is obviously up there, Jericho and perhaps Miz/Ambrose. I'm not sure on any others.

army_george

Jobber
Reaction score
noone is on punks level atm... there have been some in the past, but noone presently

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
The problem is, we haven't really seen the vast of majority of guys give an 'unscripted' promo so I have no idea.

Exactly this. And I would hardly say Punk 'owned' HHH in their promos last summer Crayo. Punk mostly just made wife jokes while HHH made more sense. I remember Punk being all like "You only push body builders blah blah blah" and HHH listed a bunch of small guys that have been pushed over the years and Punk looked like a blueberry.

Also HHH called him a skinny fatass which was just awesome.

army_george

Jobber
Reaction score
hahaha yeah wtf... im going to beat your skinny fat ass? i was like seriously?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'll beat your skinny fat ass! :bury:

I enjoyed their promos and I think they were relatively even, but I resent that feud because it started as something awesome and just went downhill. Well, I think some guys who could compete with Punk would be Jericho, Miz, Heel Christian, and HHH.