Which song is the Anthem of (Insert Era)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Which song is the anthem of (Insert era), any era of pop culture, name the song you believe defines that era, whether it be late 70’s/early 80’s, late 80’s/early 90’s etc

I’ll start,

The Late 1990’s/Early 2000’s, Y2K era, aka The Attitude era in wrestling aka The New Millennium 1997-2002.

The Anthem/the song that defines that era:

The second that guitar riffs, you think of 1997-2002,

You think of Carson Daly in front a window hosting TRL with thousands of screaming fans outside, the whole teen pop boom with NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears.

You think of The Rock defining this era in wrestling, the whole Monday night war with the WWF and WCW.

You remember the promos Kurt Angle cut against this type of culture in 2000.

With Vince Russo and Chris Kreski as head writers who wrote to match this type of music and pop culture.

You think of American Pie and the teen comedy boom.

You think of the only period in history where Pop, Rock, and Rap were at their height... to the point where Rap and Rock mixed to have their own genre in numetal.

You remember the new millennium with its lowercase font logos, and the Internet exploding

You remember MTV and WCW Spring breaks

This song defines that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
I think of Baby by Justin Beaber for Modern Day Pop. Masterpiece

• Wow
Reactions: Chris