When will the WWE fans accept that The Rock isn't who he used to be ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
I noticed this whenever The Rock makes a return to the WWE after he had been away from it making movies in Hollywood and most of the fans want him to return as the character that he used to be, you know with the expensive $500 Versace dress shirts and the flat top crew cut with the sideburns that made him look like Elvis Presley. But if I remember correctly, he hasn't been that character for years now. Rock ditched his old characteristics in 2001 during the Alliance storyline when he cut his hair shorter and changed his theme music, he was also acting a lot less like the Elvis character he was before that and once he went Hollywood in 2003, returning with the bald head and the Samoan tattoos, Rock's old character was already dead and unfortunately it's not coming back. Even the WWE itself isn't what it was while he was there. But the fans seem to think he could magically revert back to his old look, which is impossible now. What's with this : stuck in the past mentality ?

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
Ah okay. I didn't watch then so I only know of his "Hollywood" gimmick.
He was the Elvis Presley Rock before that and that's the gimmick that made him famous to begin with.
main-qimg-11429b4e3b3210290e559b651bd81257.png

Reactions: Legit Legend

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
Don't think these people exist or are a high enough number to worry about.
Oh yeah they do exist : "When is Stone Cold Steve Austin coming back ?" "When is The Rock coming back ?" "Why is the WWE the WWE instead of WWF ?" or "How come the WWE isn't The Attitude Era anymore ?" You're just not looking hard enough.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
"When is Stone Cold Steve Austin coming back ?"
When WWE wants a nostalgia moment.
"When is The Rock coming back ?"
When WWE wants Roman Reigns to be cheered only to fail.
"Why is the WWE the WWE instead of WWF ?"
When WWE wants the World Wildlife Fund to stop coming after them. Because how dare they have the same initials.
"How come the WWE isn't The Attitude Era anymore ?"
When WWE wants no more tv shows at primetime.
You're just not looking hard enough.
When WWE wants.....shit, this isn't a question.

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
When WWE wants a nostalgia moment.

When WWE wants Roman Reigns to be cheered only to fail.

When WWE wants the World Wildlife Fund to stop coming after them. Because how dare they have the same initials.

When WWE wants no more tv shows at primetime.

When WWE wants.....shit, this isn't a question.
No I wasn't asking those questions myself, I was just giving the guy above me an example of what others fans say.

Legit Legend

The Artiste
Reaction score
Let Rock go he's happy being an actor.. Old WWE fans need to settle down and let him do what he wants.. He had a good career but time to move on to current talent. WWE and fans need to focus on now not the past

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
Fuck the rock.
The man doesn't owe you a damn thing, he's been with the WWE since 1996 and had been with that company for 8 years and then left in 2004. So it's not like he just up and left, he was still making appearances even after he wasn't even working for the WWE full time anymore from 2003 up until the present day. Besides wrestling doesn't last forever, guys get hurt from doing it so much for long periods of time and it's much worse as the individuals get older and they're forced to retire anyway, so The Rock saw another opportunity to become a movie star where the risks of getting hurt or his career being over are a lot less likely to happen. Trust me you would've done the same thing. So no fuck you for not appreciating what The Rock already gave you for his years of wrestling when he was in it.

Last edited:

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Sounds like the kinda stuff people on YouTube say, while also misspelling 60% of the comment.

Don't see The Rock the same I see him in the past. He's a different person now, different dreams and goals he wants.

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
Sounds like the kinda stuff people on YouTube say, while also misspelling 60% of the comment.

Don't see The Rock the same I see him in the past. He's a different person now, different dreams and goals he wants.

Yeah The Rock still loves wrestling but that's not what he does primarily anymore, he's already returned to the WWE on numerous occasions but in his last run, it was obvious he was nowhere near the same guy he was and not just on the microphone but in the ring with John Cena or the WWE Championship matches with CM Punk from 2011 - 13. He ran out of breath in less than 5 minutes, was extremely sluggish and couldn't move in the ring as great as he used to, especially when he did The People's Elbow, being away from wrestling for so long is what did that to him unfortunately, he's not getting any younger..

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
The man doesn't owe you a damn thing, he's been with the WWE since 1996 and had been with that company for 8 years and then left in 2004. So it's not like he just up and left, he was still making appearances even after he wasn't even working for the WWE full time anymore from 2003 up until the present day. Besides wrestling doesn't last forever, guys get hurt from doing it so much for long periods of time and it's much worse as the individuals get older and they're forced to retire anyway, so The Rock saw another opportunity to become a movie star where the risks of getting hurt or his career being over are a lot less likely to happen. Trust me you would've done the same thing. So no fuck you for not appreciating what The Rock already gave you for his years of wrestling when he was in it.
No