When Dave Schultz Owned John Stossel--Protecting Kayfabe

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kingnoth1n

Banned
Reaction score
I wasn't alive at the time this happened but boy do I wish I was, here we see 20/20 reporter John Stossel doing an expose on Wrestling and it being fake (Shocking I know to some of you guys). Then, absolute legend Dr Dave Schultz (RIP) Slaps the ever living piss out of him twice.

Iron Sheik said in an interview that he told Stossel that people were threatening to beat the ever living fuck out of him if he didn't get out of there shortly afterwards. Unfortunately, scared dweeb Stossel sued WWE for damages and won, and Schultz got released, but personally, I think Schultz did the right thing here. I think all wrestlers should react this way anyone treads on their territory or steps up . What do you guys think would happen if a reporter came at a WWE wrestler like this in 2019 and asked this question or made this accusation? Do you think they would all say the sports entertainment line? -cringe-

nWo4Lyfe420

Banned
Reaction score
Man, if a reporter came into the lockerroom calling wrestling fake today the geeks in the back would invite him on an episode of UUDD and play video games with him. Most of today's wrestlers have no respect for the business and that's why wrestling isn't popular anymore. If the wrestlers don't believe in what they do then why should fans?

Kingnoth1n

Banned
Reaction score
A very good point as always, Wrestlers look at wrestling as "performance art," and gymnastics these days. I am fully confident that no wrestler, except maybe Lesnar, would protect the business to this degree. I'd love to see a wrestler Stossel a reporter or anyone that disrespects the business and the person cry and bitch on twitter, that wrestler would instantly become my new favorite wrestler.

utvolzac

Patiently waiting for the Attitude Era to return
Reaction score
The internet would make it nearly impossible to ever have Kayfabe again. So I don’t think there’s anything today’s wrestlers could do to protect the business like back in the day.

However, what I have a problem with is this need to over expose everything. Shit like Ride Along or UpUpDownDown or whatever other “reality tv” shit they put on the Network. We know it’s fake but Jesus Christ, sell it a little.

Their supposed to hate each other on tv, but then you have them acting like smiley goofs playing video games together.

Shit like that really ruins it for me.

Last edited:

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
See now it’s no issue.. as far as these shows and stuff you don’t gotta watch them. I personally like some of them (Miz and Mrs, Ride Along, UUDD).

If they was doing it on the actual program aka Raw, Smackdown, etc I would see the issue.

But now it’s just how it is. I mean back then people could be friends but because they was a face and heel they couldn’t ever spend time together. That to me is stupid.

But the video at hand is still awesome and a really awesome moment. But we don’t have to have that anymore. It’s okay.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't think Dr D is dead.

Also....Stossel was told by Schultz to not ask him if his business was fake, and went right to that.....fuck that guy.

Reactions: Vegeta