Whatever you think about Ryback...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Can anyone doubt his intensity? I thought the ending last night was awesome when they zoomed in on his face. I was incredibly surprised that the smart-mark crowd were actually chanting for him earlier on, and then gave him a huge pop when he came in during the main event. Honestly, if he's booked like a tweener, he could be huge.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I think it might be more of people hating Cena so much that they cheered for the other guy. I know that was the case for me. I marked at the Rumble when Ryback was owning Cena for a bit, and I marked last night when he "turned".

And I am not a fan of Ryback at all lmfao. I actually I think he's pretty lame, but just about anyone beats Cena at this point. Hell, I might have even cheered/marked for Sheamus or Miz if they were in Ryback's shoes...
ok, I wouldn't but still

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
IF he's booked right, like he was tonight, he could be a really entertaining character. They seem to have learned their lesson from the Cenas, the Ortons, The Sheymooses, and they have kept him a little edgier. Unpredictability is one of the main things fans look for in a wrestling show and at the moment Ryback is unpredictable which is great.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
deth said:
I think it might be more of people hating Cena so much that they cheered for the other guy. I know that was the case for me. I marked at the Rumble when Ryback was owning Cena for a bit, and I marked last night when he "turned".

And I am not a fan of Ryback at all lmfao. I actually I think he's pretty lame, but just about anyone beats Cena at this point. Hell, I might have even cheered/marked for Sheamus or Miz if they were in Ryback's shoes...
ok, I wouldn't but still

They were chanting for him before he interacted with Cena though. When he came down in the main event, they were singing his theme and chanting feed me more before he even touched Cena.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
deth said:

ok, I wouldn't but still

I agree, I think they would have cheered Sheamus against Cena last night.

BTW i'm not a big Ryback fan either, but i'll change my mind if he has a solid 20-30 min match.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I like him, but I think his cheers were intensified due to the fact he was involved with Cena.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Last night's crowd was hot for him but I take it with a grain of salt. Let's see how intense Ryback feels when he is in front of 15k apathetic children and their parents in some hickville city in Arkansas or something.

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Sure he can be a great tweener, I don't really like too much Ryback now, I preferred the NXT and Nexus Ryback

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't like him but I can try to learn to tolerate him. He clearly isn't going anywhere :upset:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The character has taken an intriguing twist but I'm still not sold on the performer tbh. He just lacks something for me, obviously the marks love him usually (although the feed me more in his entrance seems a bit piped in IMO) so yeah he'll become a star but I can't get behind him.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I agree that he is missing something.. ring skills that make him worth watching for me and versatility.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Ryback is not Cena. I know we hate on Cena but Ryback sounds like an idiot.
"I DIDN'T TOUCH YOU, STUPID" - Got em ryback, got em.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I agree that he is missing something.. ring skills that make him worth watching for me and versatility.

That's the odd thing he was decent as Skip Sheffield working 10 minute matches although he never blew me away but he did enough but ever since he's taken up the Ryback persona again he's fallen flat. Whether it's the character limiting him or just him regressing god only knows.