What would you think if Ryback got a title shot?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Was watching ESPN earlier and they ran an add for a boxing match, Manny Manny Pacquiao (sp?) vs Timothy Bradley. Pacquiao's the barely-disputed number one pound-for-pound boxer in the world, but Bradley's unbeaten, 28-0. You'd like to say Pacquiao's unbeatable, but this young guy hasn't been beaten albeit against weaker opposition.

So, lets take this scenario into WWE. Daniel Bryan wins the WWE Championship at No Way Out, defends it against Punk one-on-one at MITB, shockingly taps out Cena at Summerslam, and has all the momentum in the world. So what if the still-unbeaten Ryback challenged Daniel Bryan at Night of Champions? Bryan would obviously seem like the favorite, but from a casuals' point of view, we haven't seen a reason to believe Ryback can't win. What would you think about a scenario like this?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Where exactly would Punk win the title this Sunday bro? No Way Out isn't this Sunday :eek:tunga:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Rainman said:
Pacquiao's the barely-disputed number one pound-for-pound boxer in the world

floyd_mayweather--300x300.jpg

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
For this to work it'd need good build. I'm against having "new stars" have title matches so soon (IE Sheamus and ADR) but with Ryback it might work depending on booking. Bryan would need to be booked like a strong heel, which is hard to do because of his size (in WWE's mindset), so it's almost guaranteed he'll be a coward heel. But if he was making the greats like Orton, Sheamful and Cena tap then it'd be an awesome feud I think.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
I like Ryback so i definitely want him to be champion. I could seriously watch his squash matches every week for the next 10 years and not get bored of them

Who would be face/heel in this title scenario?

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Vince McMahon said:
I like Ryback so i definitely want him to be champion. I could seriously watch his squash matches every week for the next 10 years and not get bored of them

Daniel Bryan would be a heel and Ryback would be a face. A heel turn for Ryback so early won't help him and there's a whole roster crowded with heels so he won't have decent opponents. Him going in and facing heel's would do much more for him then it would for him to be a heel.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Vince McMahon said:

This. Liked. Ryback would destroy that little fucker and step on his balls. Lmao. just kidding daniel bryan marks.

Ryback is a monster, daniel bryan should put him over as one. over the months daniel bryan always hits the big guys from behind. kane/show, he doesn't face them man to man. in a bryan/ryback feud. ruback would probably become the favorite after a while.

it would be your classic monster vs master technichian match-up. would love it.

Reactions: Matt

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I think it would a little to early still, unless he starts taking down people like the Big Show, Mark Henry, Kane, and all those huge monsters, then beats Cena and Punk and starts playing the role as that unstoppable beast that's title hungry, but at Night of Champions Bryan barley manages to defend the title by like a roll up pin and Ryback gets more angry and starts going on a power rage and taking down everybody in sight until he gets a rematch, then on the next PPV he wins the title.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I wouldn't think he would win the belt, but if he can have a quality match with Bryan (which I probably could) that could elevate him nonetheless.

I'm not sure how the fans would perceive the "massive roided face vs little bitty heel" thing, but Daniel Bryan has far more credibility than anyone on the roster at this point. He's really the only person who can pull this off.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
I would like to see Ryback as a champ. But he needs a long build up first. He can't get a shot if the keeps destroying the jobbers.

About him vs Bryan. They once had a match, and Ryback won. :eek:tunga:

Reactions: Matt

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Jose Tortilla said:
I would like to see Ryback as a champ. But he needs a long build up first. He can't get a shot if the keeps destroying the jobbers.

About him vs Bryan. They once had a match, and Ryback won. :eek:tunga:

Well, seriously. It depends. When I saw the thread title, I thought you were going to talk about an earlier IC title win or something, but I really like this scenario. If Ryback is well built, it could work. I mean, that's pretty much all it's up to, in a situation where Bryan gets that build you said. It would have to look like a conflict between two "untouchable" superstars. That Bryan build? Perfect, he would look like that "untouchable" folk, if they made him look like a dangerous heel, who beats everyone up despite his size, not a coward heel. And Ryback, all you have to do is have him beat people on the actual roster, start with midcarders. A feud with Rhodes, then Kane, then Ziggler, then Jericho, something like that (there are other possible heels, but I didn't mention everyone possible because we are supposing he'll have the feud with Bryan). In this case, it would be a great feud, great match and both outcomes would be believable.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Awesome selling of the clothesline.

Miz with make-up. :lol1: