What was your first introduction to online multiplayer?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Was just getting a bit nostalgic last night and thinking back to when I first felt the rush of playing Online. I think it all started when my Dad bought the Xbox 360 for the first time. Up until that point I had mostly been a offline only player, and I was still playing on a small portable shitty TV and a PS2/Original Xbox at that point. I never played PC Games, aside from The Sims for a brief while. Practically all I played was San Andreas and Vice City pretty much. I do remember playing Halo 2 and Halo CE Campaigns, but I never played it Online. I didn't even really know what Xbox Live was at that point. The whole concept was still new to me.

I remember Halo 3 was my first game I played Online and I was just instantly hooked. The moment I booted up that title screen and that music. I still get goosebumps. Everything was so fresh and 360 felt so futuristic back then. The wireless controller and the dashboard and everything else. The 360 controller was probably one of the best I've used. Sony really wasn't up to speed at this point I feel like, Xbox Live felt so different. The first rush of playing against others and ranking up was awesome. Especially when I'd only played against the AI since forever. That feeling of competitiveness and adrenaline got me so hooked.

I think my favourite memory of Halo 3 is probably the custom games scene though, I think that is what really sold me on the idea of playing with other people online. Especially when I didn't have a ton of friends really at School, it was one of those things that made me feel like I belonged. It was also something I like to think I got quite good at and could routinely beat my more casual friends at something for a change.

I still remember this game called 'Fat Kid' which was hilarious back in the day, watching it just makes me so happy. It makes me miss Xbox a lot.

I imagine some of you probably got started earlier than me on Multiplayer, and I'd love to hear your stories. I'm only 25 so not that old, I do think I experienced the best times of it thankfully. I still enjoy playing Online but it isn't like it used to be.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Pretty sure Halo 2 was my first time playing anything online. Either that or a NASCAR game lol. But I really really enjoyed them both. But I’m 99% sure it’s Halo 2. Loved it. Halo 3 was the fist one I really really got into with online play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Halo 3 for me too actually lol my neighbors had it and I spent a ton of my time at their house playing online with them mostly just on that game. Never had the online connectivity for my PS2 and really wasn't even a big online gamer with my PS3 either other than Black Ops II.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Pretty sure Halo 2 was my first time playing anything online. Either that or a NASCAR game lol. But I really really enjoyed them both. But I’m 99% sure it’s Halo 2. Loved it. Halo 3 was the fist one I really really got into with online play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halo 3 for me too actually lol my neighbors had it and I spent a ton of my time at their house playing online with them mostly just on that game. Never had the online connectivity for my PS2 and really wasn't even a big online gamer with my PS3 either other than Black Ops II.

Love how we all immediately think of Halo. :cozy It really should be in a better place than it is currently, hopefully they can redeem themselves with Halo Infinite. I might even buy an Xbox Series S one day considering how cheap it is. It's capable of 120 FPS on Halo. Always wanted to play Halo again anyways.

Black Ops II was incredible, loved that game. Call of Duty 4 was the big one for me though, it managed to pull me away from Halo 3 back in the day which wasn't an easy task. I got hooked on the Prestige System. The first game I maxed out the rank and did everything, including all the camos. I no lifed the shit out of that game.

Steph

The IIconic Sith
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Lol! If I'm being honest, my first time ever doing anything multi-player online to my knowledge was Doritos Crash Course on the 360. I wish they had something similar like that because it was so much fun.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I think it was SmackDown vs Raw 06 on my best friend’s PS2, then it was the first Gears of War game on the 360 that I bought for myself in 07.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What constitutes multiplayer?

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
What constitutes multiplayer?

Anything with other players I guess, although there's no rules here. Basically anything that supported online play.

Fifa 07 and Gears of War

Gears of War was solid. I haven't really had interest in the franchise for a while now, but the original instalments were fantastic online. I used to really like the Horde mode in particular, although I seem to recall getting my ass handed to me. :mj

I think it was SmackDown vs Raw 06 on my best friend’s PS2, then it was the first Gears of War game on the 360 that I bought for myself in 07.

I think I only played WWE games online really late. I remember trying it on of the recent instalments, and it was pretty horrible I'll be honest. Laggy as hell, and really rage inducing. :vince:

Lol! If I'm being honest, my first time ever doing anything multi-player online to my knowledge was Doritos Crash Course on the 360. I wish they had something similar like that because it was so much fun.

Can safely say I never heard of that game until your post, but it looks fun. :lol

• Haha
Reactions: Steph