What makes you watch/watch makes you not watch?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
So I'm interested in two things here.

1. For the people who do watch AEW, what makes you watch and keeps you coming back each and every week? You can feel free to throw in stuff that you could also do without.

2. For the people who don't watch AEW, what could they do to make you watch, and get you hooked. As well as why you don't watch already.

Me, I tune in because I'm invested, I really enjoy what I see. I enjoy the matches, I enjoy the stories we're getting. I love the fact that you don't got to many promos, but that you get a great balance of them. I do need them to improve on the Women's Division a lot, because it's honestly straight up ass. We've been told it's good, but I just don't see it yet. I could also do without Marko being in matches. Let him just be out there with Jurassic Express, but only as like a mascot or something. Maybe for a spot here and there where he's thrown at the people but nothing more than that. But over all I really enjoy my Wednesday night when watching AEW.

Another thing, and it's something I pointed out before, and that @Undeniable has also pointed out before. When the people talk directly into the camera for promos, I fucking LOVE that. Just makes it feel so much cooler, and like they are talking to me more than just looking direction the camera happens to be.

So let's get this rolling. I hope to hear from plenty of people who watch and who don't watch. I want to get a great discussion going.​

Reactions: Doom

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Obviously I watch AEW, and I think we all know my main reason for tuning in... Mr Moxley. :mark: It's NICE to see him in a company who books him correctly, lets him play to his strengths and do what he does best. It's refreshing AF.

I also love that every Dynamite ep is full of action, and that they balance out the matches and the promos nicely. It's also nice how they can have multiple storylines going at once and give them all ample time.

Cons for me is the women's division, it's not great. I like Riho but they need a champ who is there all the time. And Brandi's group is crap, we already have the Dark Order, we don't need them too.

I'm also not a fan of the ranking system, it still makes no sense to me at all. Mox was #1 contender at the end of 2019, the rankings reset and he lost his title shot despite not even getting it yet. Cody being on the rankings also makes no sense, he can't go for the title, he doesn't need to be on there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doom and Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Obviously I watch AEW, and I think we all know my main reason for tuning in... Mr Moxley. :mark: It's NICE to see him in a company who books him correctly, lets him play to his strengths and do what he does best. It's refreshing AF.

I also love that every Dynamite ep is full of action, and that they balance out the matches and the promos nicely. It's also nice how they can have multiple storylines going at once and give them all ample time.

Cons for me is the women's division, it's not great. I like Riho but they need a champ who is there all the time. And Brandi's group is crap, we already have the Dark Order, we don't need them too.

I'm also not a fan of the ranking system, it still makes no sense to me at all. Mox was #1 contender at the end of 2019, the rankings reset and he lost his #1 spot despite not even getting a title shot yet. Cody being on the rankings also makes no sense, he can't go for the title, he doesn't need to be on there.

Yeah, I'm glad they got that down. Took them a few weeks to really get the hang of that but they are doing quite nice with it now.

As far as the ranking system goes, yeah it's kind of weird but I guess at the same time any match Mox is in, at least with someone else high on the list should be considered a #1 Contender match. If you're like 2nd or 3rd on the ranking, and beat the number 1 guy you probably have a strong case for said spot. Just depends on how they book it.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Yeah, I'm glad they got that down. Took them a few weeks to really get the hang of that but they are doing quite nice with it now.

As far as the ranking system goes, yeah it's kind of weird but I guess at the same time any match Mox is in, at least with someone else high on the list should be considered a #1 Contender match. If you're like 2nd or 3rd on the ranking, and beat the number 1 guy you probably have a strong case for said spot. Just depends on how they book it.
Mox won back his #1 contender spot, I hope he doesn't lose it again in the next month somehow lol. I just didn't like that they just introduced the rankings without a proper explanation, they were just like here's some rankings for people haha. And then they barely mentioned them resetting when 2020 hit. It's an interesting idea, I'd just like it explained more.

Reactions: Vegeta

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Mox won back his #1 contender spot, I hope he doesn't lose it again in the next month somehow lol. I just didn't like that they just introduced the rankings without a proper explanation, they were just like here's some rankings for people haha. And then they barely mentioned them resetting when 2020 hit. It's an interesting idea, I'd just like it explained more.

I think now that it's set in stone for the match to happen, it should be good. If anything if he loses, it just might make the person who cheats him next in line. At least I hope so. Yeah I wish they mentioned it more on air about the reset before it happened. They was stories about it but should've really been put over on tv as well a lot better.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't get NXT on Wednesdays.

Reactions: Chris

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Messiah

Hana Kimura ❤️
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
AEW is something different, it's way more entertaining than anything WWE does. The promo segments are always on point, the match quality is amazing.. They're not afraid to try something unique, like airing a show on a cruise ship. They have the GOAT Chris Jericho as well.

I also don't have to worry about anything NXT is doing because i don't get it in Canada.. at least on Wednesdays, so i'm not distracted with what they're doing on the other channel..

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I burnt myself out on wrestling bout 2-3 years ago. Now I’m a casual fan.

And outside of Chris Jericho, nobody on the AEW roster really appeals to the casual fan.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I burnt myself out on wrestling bout 2-3 years ago. Now I’m a casual fan.

And outside of Chris Jericho, nobody on the AEW roster really appeals to the casual fan.

Who's some people they can get, or things they can do to maybe get you to want to watch it more?

Reactions: Chris

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Who's some people they can get, or things they can do to maybe get you to want to watch it more?
Idk if there’s anyone they can since most names are locked up.

They have a couple guys who aren’t draws yet but will be in a year or two. Keep MJF in a prominent role and he’ll be a star. Build new talent outside of Jericho, Ambrose, and Cody. Guys like Hangman, Luchasaurus, PAC can all be top guys

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Idk if there’s anyone they can since most names are locked up.

They have a couple guys who aren’t draws yet but will be in a year or two. Keep MJF in a prominent role and he’ll be a star. Build new talent outside of Jericho, Ambrose, and Cody. Guys like Hangman, Luchasaurus, PAC can all be top guys

100% agree on MJF and Hangman. Both got a bright bright future ahead of them, Pac can as well with the right booking.

They got good talent as well to build up the midcard which is always an important part of wrestling as well.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I also don't have to worry about anything NXT is doing because i don't get it in Canada.. at least on Wednesdays, so i'm not distracted with what they're doing on the other channel..
That's a good point for me too. I live in NZ, we don't get NXT on TV at all, if I want to watch it I either have to find a live stream or wait till it's on the Network. AEW is easy for me cos I can watch it on FITE.

Speaking of which, that's another thing I LOVE about Dynamite, especially on FITE. We can watch right through the ad breaks without missing anything, you don't get that with WWE.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Chris Jericho is one of the main reasons I watch, but I also like all of The Elite guys, MJF, Mox, Jurassic Express, Lucha Bros, Joey Janela, Orange Cassidy, etc.

I enjoy the matches outside of the women’s stuff (although there are a few of them I like), and I like the stories they have.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Are we honestly comparing those numbers?

Bruh