What is your favorite era of WWE Smackdown throughout its history ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
I prefer the original one when the show started in 1999, when the theme song was the fast paced techno music with a little bit of rock and roll (Everybody On The Ground). The stage design looked unique in comparison to RAW IS WAR which had the giant rectangular shaped titantron, Smackdown had an oval shaped one, which also switched between the left and the right side of the stage on some episodes, plus the blue color schemes in the logos and set designs including the ropes unlike RAW which is all red. I loved the one after that with the broken glass and the giant fist in the middle of it during the Marilyn Manson era (when they used The Beautiful People as the theme song until 2003). I don't like all of the other ones, especially the current version which looks too much like RAW now.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
The fist stage was cool, and my favourite era was around then too, nothing to do with the theme song/stage/ropes etc but just the crop of talent.

I mean, you had guys like Edge, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Heyman as GM, Rey Mysterio, John Cena that was actually edgy in a way and then, later on, you had Kurt, JBL, etc.

The current roster is just as good, especially with Asuka now switching over, it is a pretty strong line up of wrestling talent and technically, has to be one of the strongest it's ever been.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
2011 Smackdown is underrated. Orton Henry Christian Sheamus Bryan Show. They had some good stories. Not my favourite period, but is worth mentioning.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
The original Smackdown because it was pre-brand split, Smackdown storylines were usually a continuation of whatever happened on Raw and it was one big chain of events. The brand split lets them show more talent but I liked when everything was one overarching story.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
1999-2001 - It was almost as good as RAW every week and it wasn't really considered the B show. When the brand split happened the show went downhill.

Reactions: jminter2698