What if SD moved to Saturday Morning???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

After taping SD for the 100x time and watching it Saturday Morning i had an oddball thought. What if the WWE just aired SD on Saturday Morning rather than Friday Night. As we know, Smackdown is a good old fashion clean family wrestling show ( for the most part) Just the way it was back in the 80's with WWF Superstars. Im not saying Move it to saturday, i was just curious what your thoughts would be. Would it affect your viewing habits.

The wwe has been moving more and more toward a youth orientated programming, and maybe the wwe will lose one small audience in order to reach another large audience on saturday morning? Or as even a better idea, show an additional replay Saturday afternoon.

Please leaves your thoughts, and if you would view SD on Saturday, or if your viewing habits would change.

Reaction score
if they had a replay on saturday, id watch the friday one and the replay on saturday. i wouldnt mind it. it might even be more convient for me.

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah, maybe not completely moved but replayed it. Many people I am sure would watch it the two times

Reaction score
I just think many people are busy at Saturdays. I have soccer practice at 11:00 am so I wouldn't the time to be changed. I could care less about replaying it because I only like watching it once.

Cynic Clinic

Reaction score
Still wouldn't watch it. Fridays and Saturdays are just bad for TV period.

They could get kids watching it that way, though.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I agree with replaying it on saturday mornings in ur country, well.. here in our country it's every Sunday 8pm... it's also have a replay every 9am, forgot what day is it, lol...

phantomgerald

Here its every friday at 10pm, but one week late. And I think Friday and Saturday are bad days for TV, just switch it to its old time on thursday

the dark knight

it doesnt really matter when it airs as long as it's taped! i just watched smackdown yesterday, and it wouldnt make any difference if i watched it 2morrow right b4 raw...

Reaction score
This would be such a terrible thing to do. Wrestling should be on at night after everyone is done with work/school, Smackdown! on saturday morning will mean MUCH lower ratings and would be a horrible buisness decision for the WWE. Besides, WWE shouldnt be focusing on the casual fans, they should focus on the smarks who will buy all the ppvs and actually care about wrestling

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Haha I would actually be able to watch Smackdown on Saturday morning or afternoons so I would be all for it.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
I have an Idea!!!!!

Thursdays at 8.......A.It will kill off TNA,B.More people will be able to watch it (cause shit I hate it being firday nights,I went a month without watching it) SD! was simply awesome on Thursday nights and I wouldnt mind seeing it on then...Saturday mornings eh....I have football games in the fall,Wrestling matches in the winter,and sleep in the off season so Im against that.

Beer Money Army

What aboutput smackdown on wednesday and PUT on thuesday nights in america... i got smackdown friday arvo in wichi is awesome and get 3 replays from 5:30-3 am saturday :)

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
well in Italy they moved SD on Saturday Morning and it was soooooooo successfull that now there is no more SD in tv...