What Genres do you listen to?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

What Genres of music do you listen to? You know Rock, Rap, Country, R&B, Metal, Pop, etc.

Me personally I am a pretty varied guy. I like old school rock(The Doors, AC/DC, etc), Grunge Rock(Nirvana), Pop Punk Rock(Paramore), Metal(Killswitch, Bullet for My Valentine), Rap(Eminem, Tupac), Country(Johnny Cash), and Pop(Beatles, Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, Beyonce). Now Rock as a whole not counting sub categories would be my favorite. R&B and Country are definitely my least favorite but some artists, I don't mind.

Wordlife

I listen to pretty much everything too:

Metal (Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica)
Metalcore (Killswitch Engage, August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying)
Rap (not going to say, you get the picture here)
Hardstylez (a type of techno.... Showtek and Hardstylez)
Pop (Lady GaGa, Ke$ha, etc)

John

I seriously don't listen to ANY type of music. Call me sad, But I don't. I'm not interested in one certain type of music but if i am to listen to something, It generally is the Radio.

csg370

Reaction score
I used to only like rock as my favorite, but now i'm more about hip-hop.

Rock
Hip-Hop
Some Pop (if i'm bored or something)
Metal

straight_edge76

I mainly listen to Rap and Rock (Metal, Grunge, Alternative etc.) I don't start adding in all of the sub genres but imo it's at the point where almost every damn genre has sub-genres and they have sub genres and it's just annoying. So it's mainly rap and rock for me. But sometimes i'll listen to some country, r&b, pop whatever.

Reaction score
Metal:
Metalcore
Doom
Death
Black
Thrash
progressive

Instrumental (soundtracks)

80's

Industrial

I don't listen to the radio. Anything playing on radio in the last 20 years is pretty much shit.

Kizza

All this new Post-Hardcore, Pop-Punk bullshit that's taking over. I enjoy it ;D

I still enjoy the classics like Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, some much heavier stuff like In Flames, as well as your general metal bands like Iron Maiden and such.

noumenon

For the most part I listen to metal and a good amount of its sub genres. I also enjoy a pretty broad spectrum of everything rock.

Reaction score
If you listen to mainstream, free radio you FAIL at life.

Looking at you, straight edge76

seX-Power

All this new Post-Hardcore, Pop-Punk bullshit that's taking over. I enjoy it ;D

This. And other mainstream-ish stuff that I'm exposed to when I listen to the radio.

LadyHotrod

Black Metal
Doom Metal
Death Metal
Folk Metal
Heavy Metal
Classic Rock

That is what I mostly listen to, with other genres mixed in like electronica, R&B, trip-hop, avant-garde, etc.

LadyHotrod

Are those real genres? If so, rofl.

Doom music is slow, heavy guitars. Black Sabbath influenced the genre so you're a blueberry if you are laughing at doom because it's basically Black Sabbath.

Folk metal can be lame but not as lame as you are probably thinking. There is some awesome folk metal out there but Gates will probably be the only other person who might like it since most of you guys listen to smurf shit like Bullet for my Valentine.

[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HXZreA1j_Oc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HXZreA1j_Oc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

Kizza

My main problem with those sort of genres is that they're too dark for me. Pathetic, I know, but I find it impossible to get into the stuff that's pretty extreme. Cannibal Corpse for example.

Moonlight Drive

I was just rofling at their names. Folk and Metal are polar opposites really.

BFMV fucking suck.