What does Democracy mean to you?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestling Station

Its a word thrown around like no other, it can be used to praise a country or as a reason to invade it. But what does it mean to you personally?!!

Is it simply your right to Vote, or does it stand for something more than that?

For me, it represents freedom, although its not necessarily gauranted under a democracy.

So when you here a politician use it to support what their doing, what do you hear?

:Confuzzled:

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I think of freedom we get to do many things in this country that you cant in others.

the dark knight

uhh, its originally greek i think, demos-kratos which means that THE PEOPLE run the country. to me, thats democracy. freedom of speech, choice etc are just rights given to people.

with that being said, i think its rubbish. seriously, countries are full of dumbasses. are you gonna let the majority of people (who are more likely to be low IQ morons who know nothing about anything) decide....everything? bullshit.

phantomgerald

It apparently means nothing in this country called Singapore. Newspapers have to write pro-PAP(which is the leading party in Singapore) or at least neutral reports and have never once written an article criticising the government or its policies. We have one of the lowest freedom of speech in the world. Civil servants are forced to vote for the leading party or lose their jobs and we cannot criticise the government on blogs, or anywhere else for that matter. Fuck democracy.