What do you want to Main Event All In?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What do you want to Main Event All In?

• Danielson v Swerve

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Mone v Baker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mariah v Timeless Toni

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
What do you want to Main Event All In? Who deserves it the most?

Reactions: Jacob Fatu

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I can see it being a harder choice for others but if Danielson is winning then I want it to main event. And if he isn't then I still want it to main event for the hope

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
As a selfish, bias mark, Toni and Mariah is what I want,

If the question was what SHOULD, then right now I’d say the World Title. By the time we get closer to the show, I could just change my mind completely.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Taking my bias out of the world title main event, I think the women should main event since this story is the longest running angle on AEW television. If the women are ever going to get the Wembley main event, it has to be this one. I doubt we get another match with this level of importance, build and most importantly over competitors.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Atm May vs Storm imo BUT still 7 weeks away so depends which feud is stronger and hotter at the time

BSE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Sports Team
nnLKsfY
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Bryan vs Swerve, especially if Bryan wins the title

DoflaMihawk

Reaction score
Bryan v Swerve for sure. Even if May/Storm has the better story, let's not pretend that Bryan winning won't be the biggest pop of the night.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Swerve vs Danielson is my current choice, but I think the Women's Belt is due to main event a PPV eventually and this is the strongest case it has to main event since AEW started.

Of the current AEW titles, the only ones which have not main evented a PPV are the Continental Championship (which is relatively new and primarily acts as a Tournament crown defended occasionally throughout the year and then the Classic at the end of the year) the Trios Championships, and both Women's belts. I think in part it has not happened yet for the women is because the AEW Women's division had the least star power at first, and it has taken a long time for the Homegrown stars to get over and to draw enough big star talent. That and the booking of the division was not as consistent.

Now though, the women's division has been one of the best parts of AEW this year with Mone coming into her own once winning the title and fully embracing being a villain. Willow has become a star. Kris has been great. Julia was a good TBS Champion minus her injuries. Thunder Rosa silenced some haters with her recent work. Shida's still amazing and even if she isn't always on AEW TV since she travels back and forth a lot between Japan, the fans have grown to love and appreciate her. Hell, even Saraya and Harley have become an endearing mid-card heel act with Saraya capable of being in either title picture and Harley, even if she's still learning the ropes, is fucking hilarious. The spice on top has been this storyline.

Mariah is a fucking star and Toni has THRIVED with her Timeless character to the point where I think she's gotten comfortable enough where if she eventually sheds the Timeless character, she can do a lot better than before as herself in terms of showcasing her mic skills. Since she's always had the look, been amazing in the ring, and at least some star presence, just didn't have the talking ability to take it to the next level. She has now.

On the other hand though, even with all that, in terms of star power, Danielson has both beat especially if this is his potential last World championship match of his career and Swerve has gotten over and thrived as this anti-hero. Historically, that match has major significance beyond a first time thing. Because it may be the last. There will be chances for the first women's main event of a PPV/PLE in AEW history again. May not have another chance for a Danielson world title match/win.

The match too has a great level of unpredictability. Danielson has said in interviews OOC he didn't have the goal of winning titles in AEW. But of course, he's a natural troll. If there is a time to give him a short title run to give him his flowers, then this would be a great time. He wins it, defends it in Chicago, then maybe once on TV before having his "full-time finale" at Wrestle Dream. Even without the title, Swerve has the storyline with Hangman he can jump into which is personal with or without the title. On the other hand, Swerve has been legitimized when he beat Will. If he'd drop it at All In, his reign would still be good, but there is still legs in it, especially with the return of Hangman who may be the perfect person to beat him for the belt. (Hangman did nothing wrong). Danielson can still, after losing against Swerve, have a mini-tour in TV where he hand picks opponents for him to face. A mix of never before seen matches and scores to settle before his final match as a full-time wrestler.

So long story short, either or would be great and worthy main events, but my gut goes with Swerve/Danielson.

Jacob Fatu

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Got to be AEW World Title Match Swerve v Danielson. Give the guy one last run before he stops doing the thing we all like wrestling full time.

Reactions: BSE