What do you think of the most recent WWE video game, 2K16 so far?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
I just bought it today just to see how it is. I haven't bought a WWE game since Smackdown vs Raw 2007. So far, I thought this game is pretty disappointing in the gameplay factor because it's way too damn slow-paced, aiming for it to be as "realistic" as possible(Yup, soooo "realistic" that all the small and fast wrestlers like Sin Cara moves slow as a sloth and can pick up the Big Show like nothing). The grappling moves in the game are also very limited because the wrestlers do the same exact damn moves over and over again with the many different button combinations pressed and would constantly drag their opponent out the ropes by themselves, even if it's a non-DQ, non-rope break match or Falls Count Anywhere. Even the WWE Day of Reckoning games on the Gamecube had far more interactive grappling moves than this game.

It's funny how all these "realistic video game" fanboys complained about how all the older great WWE games like Here Comes the Pain were too arcadey and fast paced for them yet these same "arcadey games" offer more wrestling moves, more interactivity and portrays the WWE wrestlers more accurately in their wrestling moves.

Idk if it's just the developers these games being lazy or just simply the WWE and 2K Sports not letting them do anything more to the game along with giving them super short deadlines to finish the game.

How do you guys feel about this game for those who've played it?