What do you think about this Idea for the Wrestlemania 37 Main-Event next year?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DammitC

Reaction score
Hey, I'm just wondering how you folks feel about this idea for WWE that I came up with weeks ago :)

I first came across this topic a couple of weeks ago when somebody on a different site joked about WWE borrowing a concept that NJPW used earlier this year (which you'll see what I mean later down below), and I replied back to him with a lengthy fantasy booking scenario of mine as banter (because I KNOW that none of this will ACTUALLY happen at Wrestlemania 37) :lol

However, the more I thought about this, the more that I believe that this fantasy-scenario isn't COMPLETELY unrealistic. I could actually see my idea taking place knowing who the current champions are, and what the current landscape of the product is on both shows; BUT I'd like to point out that I do NOT expect any of this to happen because WWE will most likely have completely different plans for Wrestlemania 37. Plus, their booking can be completely unpredictable.

Anyway, I'd like to share this fantasy idea of mine to you folks so that you'll see where I'm getting at. Some of my fellow NJPW fans might get a kick of this booking scenario for Wrestlemania 37 ( :lol ). I'd like to know your overall thoughts of this idea once you're finished reading through it. I'll give you all a heads-up though because it's a long read, and I wrote this post (which I copy/pasted here) nearly 2 weeks ago :p

Hopefully, you enjoy the read anyway!

Wow, a NJPW story coming along? I can see it now already.

AJ Styles will retain the Intercontinental title past Summerslam, and he goes through a slow-burn face turn since he manages to successfully retain his IC championship against MULTIPLE opponents in competitive matches.

Sami Zayn eventually comes back to Smackdown right before draft time, and he claims that he NEVER lost his IC title to begin with; so he demands for a rematch. Styles ends up defending his IC title against Zayn on Smackdown for the draft episode. HOWEVER, we find out earlier on in the night that Styles is staying on Smackdown while Zayn ends up getting traded over to Raw; which makes this title match an even BIGGER deal in terms of where the IC title goes.

Sami Zayn ends up winning back his IC title by using dirty tactics, such as putting his feet on the ropes while pinning Styles (after countering the Styles Clash). The IC championship ends up switching shows since Zayn is going to be a Raw superstar. AJ Styles is now understandably upset that he got screwed over, that he lost his IC title, and now he can't do anything about it since Zayn is now on the other show. Daniel Bryan assures him that Styles has now earned more of his respect since he managed to be a fighting IC champion who beat several of his opponents fairly, and he admits that he was wrong for doubting Styles in the first place. Bryan then continues to motivate Styles by stating that he'll eventually get his revenge on Zayn in the future, and that he'll have his big moment again with the IC title. Both of these former rivals (Styles and Bryan) now officially cement themselves as respectful allies to each other.

Meanwhile, Drew McIntyre proceeds to retain his WWE title for the remainder of the year (even DEFEATING Randy Orton at Summerslam, which causes him to snap and get more vicious on the other wrestlers on Raw for the rest of the fall season).

There ends up being a huge announcement from WWE in December where they officially declare that the grand stage of them all will now have 2 nights every year going forward, and that they'll make Wrestlemania 37 their 'biggest ppv' yet by giving one of their top superstars the golden opportunity to become a double champion by Night 2. There will be a mini-tournament on Night 1 that will act as a semi-finals for the following night by having the Intercontinental Champion face a top contender while the WWE Champion will also face a top contender. The winners of BOTH matches end up facing each other on Night 2 in order to become double champion (WWE Champion AND Intercontinental Champion). The losers on Night 1 end up facing each other on Night 2 as one of the big matches.

For the record, there won't be a tournament like this on the Smackdown side because Bray Wyatt in his Fiend persona will be tormenting everyone on that show as the Universal Champion (which will make many wrestlers hesitate to challenge him right away), and because Bobby Lashley could be the United States Champion (or heavily involved in that title picture) with MVP adding to his contract that both men have the right to choose their desired opponent meaning that there won't be a tournament for that secondary belt anyway.

At Royal Rumble time, Drew McIntyre is still the WWE Champion and Sami Zayn is still the Intercontinental Champion. AJ Styles realizes before the ppv that winning the rumble match is his one chance to move over to Raw in order to get his redemption, AND become a double champion. Orton is dominating the rumble match in terms of having the most eliminations. Edge ends up returning in the 2020 rumble match. Styles ends up eliminating Zayn (getting his revenge on him for what he did months ago) who's one of the handful of men left in the rumble. Orton ends up eliminating Edge as one of the final men left (as a callback to how Edge eliminated Orton the previous year). Styles ends up eliminating Orton to win the 2020 rumble match, which means that Styles actually has a realistic chance of becoming double champion on the grand stage.

On a Raw episode shortly after in February, there is a big segment involving Styles, Edge, Orton, and Zayn over who's getting that big match against McIntyre for the WWE title at Wrestlemania 37. At one point, Zayn pushes Styles's buttons and manipulates him into putting his rumble contendership on the line against Edge since he's the reason why he injured his shoulder last year. Styles (who still wants to prove himself that he's a fighting contender/champion as Bryan pushed him to months ago) reluctantly agrees to the challenge. Edge ends up defeating Styles a few weeks later after a very competitive match, and he ends up getting the WWE title shot against McIntyre on Night 1 at Wrestlemania 37.

Styles is obviously devastated that he blew his big opportunity in becoming double champion, and Orton is pissed because Edge could realistically upstage him at Wrestlemania 37 by winning both belts. Both men eventually focus their attention on Zayn since facing him for the IC title at Night 1 (and winning) could potentially mean they get their huge moment at Night 2. After Zayn laughs at Styles for blowing his big opportunity (and pisses off Orton too by being his annoying self), he finds himself defending his IC title in a Triple Threat match against both men on a Raw episode in March. Whoever doesn't get pinned or submitted ends up facing the IC Champion at Night 1 since that man didn't really get beaten at all. However, the loser of this IC title match fails to qualify for the mini-tournament and falls short of receiving the opportunity to become double champion.

At the end of the Triple Threat match, Styles hits the Phenomenal Forearm on Zayn about a half-hour into the contest. However, Orton tosses Styles out of the ring and pins Zayn in order to become the new IC Champion! This means that Orton has a realistic chance of facing either McIntyre or Edge at Night 2 for BOTH belts if he retains at Night 1. This also means that Styles isn't out of the title picture completely since he's now going to face Orton for the IC title on Night 1, and that they can revisit their feud a bit from the previous 2 years. There's still hope for Styles. Unfortunately for Zayn, this means that he's out of the mini-tournament now since he got pinned and lost the IC title.

McIntyre vs Edge for the WWE title in the main-event, and Orton vs Styles for the IC title at Night 1 is now official at Wrestlemania 37. All 4 men meet in the same ring on the go-home episode of Raw, and all hell breaks loose in the end.

On Night 1, Styles BARELY ends up beating Orton via Styles Clash to win the IC title while McIntyre manages to beat Edge decisively to retain his WWE title via Claymore Kick (which means that McIntyre main-events Wrestlemania for the 2nd year in a row, but this time on BOTH nights) . After the main-event of Night 1, Orton hits a vicious RKO to Edge to send a message of what's to come the following night, and Styles walks out at ringside to have a staredown with McIntyre.

McIntyre vs Styles for BOTH titles (WWE and IC championships) at the main-event plus Edge vs Orton (to finish off their grudge feud) at Night 2 is now official at Wrestlemania 37.

On Night 2, Edge manages to beat Orton via 2nd Spear (after releasing him from his Anti-venom submission hold) to end their grudge feud. Meanwhile, Styles FINALLY ends McIntyre's lengthy WWE title reign by defeating him via Styles Clash (after a 2nd Phenomenal Forearm). Styles ALSO becomes double champion in his 2nd Wrestlemania-main event in a row. Plus, he FINALLY gets his full redemption (getting his revenge on Zayn, winning the rumble match, barely managing to survive in the semi-finals tournament, beating Orton, winning the WWE title in the Wrestlemania main-event, AND becoming double champion too).

In this fantasy scenario, AJ Styles plays the role of Tetsuya Naito (who's the fan favorite that became double champion after a difficult journey). Drew McIntyre plays the role of Kazuchika Okada (who was the dominant world champion in both main-events with a lengthy title reign). Randy Orton plays the role of Jay White (who was the hated heel obstacle for the eventual double champion). Edge plays the role of Kota Ibushi (who unfortunately failed his world title opportunity on Night 1 in the main-event, but in this case Edge gets a happy ending since he wins his feud against Orton :p ) Sami Zayn plays the role of Kenta (who obnoxiously gets in the double champion's way at some point in the whole story, but in this case Zayn is involved early on in the whole angle whereas Kenta gets involved around the end of the whole angle :p ).

I can smell all of this happening too next year! :p

I'm just messing around though. I know none of this will happen anyway :lol

Please let me know what you think of this fantasy idea down in the comments.

Feel free to share your overall thoughts about this booking scenario for Wrestlemania 37, and discuss anything about what you could see happening until next year's grand event :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegeta and Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I imagine I'll favor this idea to whatever WWE actually does. It sounds great. Only issue is NJPW literally JUST did this so this might be too blatant of a ripoff even by wrestling standards.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I kind of like the idea, seems like something I would probably book tbh lol. Good shit.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk