What century of development was Rome?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
After watching various films and TV series, I am left to wonder what era the Roman Republic/Empire existed in. They had mastery of stone masonary, they built aqueducts, sewers, they had sophisticated marble and granite architecture, so if we were to compare them to later civilizations, what century would you say Rome reached in its hay day?

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
If Rome had never fallen and continued to grow and grow, they would be very ahead of their times and would be almost into the century of when everything was steam powered.

Reactions: Paul Diaz-Berrio

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
If Rome had never fallen and continued to grow and grow, they would be very ahead of their times and would be almost into the century of when everything was steam powered.

Wow, they had that level of ingenuity, did they? Very inspiring. So, let's say they were about
1850 in terms of achievement?

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Wow, they had that level of ingenuity, did they? Very inspiring. So, let's say they were about 1850 in terms of achievement?
I mean, Rome was the most advanced city/empire at the time. I wouldn't say 1850, but more of like 1100, maybe. I was just saying Rome would have created Steam Power and such way before anyone else did.