Westerns

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I was wondering what your guys' thoughts on the Western movie genre were? List some of your favorites and discuss them here.

I, personally, love westerns. I grew up with them, whether it was my grandpa or dad watching them because they both did all the time. I loved John Wayne when I was younger, but most of his movies don't hold up nowadays, though some still do like The Searchers and Rio Bravo. Some of my favorites are:

The Dollars Trilogy with Clint Eastwood (A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly)
Tombstone
Lonesome Dove
Return to Lonesome Dove (Not even close to the original, but I still enjoyed this one.)
Once Upon a Time in the West
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I like westerns, most of them, alot were total shit tho. Plus it kinda sucked cheering for the losing team.

I liked The dollars trilogy
Outlaw Josey Wells
Little Big Man
Young Guns 1/2
Tombstone
El Topo

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The closest to a western that I really liked was Blazing Saddles, though it's not exactly a true western. Maverick is probably a little closer actually and I loved that movie. It's the only movie Jodie Foster is actually feminine in.

Tombstone was okay, I've actually been there too. Not much to do there, but it was cool being in the town that movie was based on.

I've always been a big sci-fi guy, so Westerns are the other end of the spectrum lol

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Love Westerns.

Lonesome Dove
Tombstone
Dances With Wolves (sort of a western, I guess. No cowboys)
Unforgiven
John Wayne's later westerns (his stuff from the 1950's and 1960's was kinda cheesy)

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Love Westerns.

Lonesome Dove
Tombstone
Dances With Wolves (sort of a western, I guess. No cowboys)
Unforgiven
John Wayne's later westerns (his stuff from the 1950's and 1960's was kinda cheesy)

Dances With Wolves is classified as a western, one of my favorites as well. Can't believe I forgot about Unforgiven.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Dances With Wolves is classified as a western, one of my favorites as well. Can't believe I forgot about Unforgiven.

I want to be English Bob. When I see a Chinese person, I aim my finger at them like a gun, and they'd get scared away, lol.