website help!!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

bhupp26

Jobber
Reaction score
I am currently in the process of making a health & wellness site and Blog!!

any input would be great for things like topics and stuff like that I am a web designer so building it ant the problem it's the content and it's quality and i'm not that creative I don't even know much about blogs yet so that's fun too!!!

Blank

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.blankwebsite.com
So you're interested in starting a health and wellness blog, yet you know nothing about health and wellness? I'd ask why, but I highly expect the answer to be "to make money."
I've said this before and i'll reiterate: too many people want to cross the magic rainbow, if you think copying them will get you closer to the pot of gold, you're extremely mistaken (especially since you know nothing about the subject you've chosen).

If you want to start a blog, start one because you have a passion to share information you already possess. Filling your blog with random bits of information from the internet just reeks of spam, and nobody will read it.
And posting about something as serious as health when you're clearly not a professional in that field, could lead to people getting misinformation and acting upon your bad advice.

Also, I love how you call yourself a web designer, and then say you're not creative. I'm an F1 driver but I'm not very good at driving.

Reactions: Crayo

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Pika for president!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Pika is right, you can not make a website for personal financial benefit and hope to succeed. That is presuming that is your intention, you've yet to say that. But you have said you don't have much knowledge on the subject which is a bad bad thing.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Basically what has already been said by Pika and Crayo.

bhupp26

Jobber
Reaction score
well that's no help i never said i didn't know anything about health just said im not all that creative thanks for advice but i am in school to be a professional and professionals design anything!!!!

bhupp26

Jobber
Reaction score
I said I waen't good at making a blog yet that's what im lacking

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
You should learn about the software, subject and get familiar as to how the net works. It's not a simple case as to creating a blog for example and expecting to generate traffic, it's not as easy as it looks. I understand that you may be motivated as you seen a site and wish to be like them however it's hard work and dedication. If you lack knowledge, then it's hard to accomplish what you wish to aim.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
If you are in school to be a webdesigner you must have learnt that one of the first things you do is ask a client what content he wants in it. If this is for a class project then your teacher should have given you that. If you are doing it for yourself then I say choose a subject were you are more at home and work with that instead.

bhupp26

Jobber
Reaction score
Ok yeah i understand it jyst sucks cuz im doing this site for free cuz i need sites in my portfolio and the person who is having me make site just keeps feeding me products ro promote and im trying to make it professional looking and its kind tuff

bhupp26

Jobber
Reaction score
Im using wordpress and its working fine. I just need to work on the content. I got a bunch of stuff to promote just no good content its a boring site without it