WCW's Big Bang from 2001: I own the domain from the poster.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

thebigbangmay6

Reaction score
Hey guys,.

So on the heels of the Who Killed WCW? series on Vice, I wanted to spin things in a different direction.

In Episode 4, the discussion of The Big Bang took place. For decades, the infamous ad, which was released on the April 2001 edition of WCW Magazine with Totally Buff on the cover, was talked about ad nauseum and discussed about what would have happened had Eric Bischoff and Fusient Media Ventures taken over WCW in 2001.

Also, on the poster was a domain http://thebigbangmay6.com, which was owned privately for almost two decades with nothing but this text posted on it:

July 28, 2014

Best wishes to the the employees and performers at TNA Wrestling.

Hoping that there will be some good news for you folks soon regarding a TV deal.

Around two months ago, the link went up for sale. After weeks of debating, I finally made the purchase and I now own TheBigBangMay6.com.

For many, this would be a ridiculous thing, and justifiably so. To me, it's a piece of history. I plan on using the website to talk about WCW in a positive light. I've already started putting content up and adding to it daily.

I hope you guys check it out and see the depth of the content for it. It's a long-term project, and I hope you come on board and enjoy.

We're also on X at http://x.com/thebigbangmay6

Thanks guys.

Reactions: Sky

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
^ you say this as if Goldberg had left, lol. Goldberg would probably be champ when the new WCW had launched

Reactions: thebigbangmay6

thebigbangmay6

Reaction score
Hope you'll have something to write about how, if it had lived, WCW 2002 would have ABSOLUTELY had Bob Sapp as the new Goldberg
That's actually really intriguing. I'm going to look into that. However, I also 100% with Deadd2009 and believe, in the fictional world, that Goldberg would have won the title at Starrcade 2001 had it happened.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Cool piece of history to own. Good luck with the site, feel free to link at of your updates either here or in the other WCW thread in this section

Reactions: thebigbangmay6

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
That's actually really intriguing. I'm going to look into that. However, I also 100% with Deadd2009 and believe, in the fictional world, that Goldberg would have won the title at Starrcade 2001 had it happened.

Even earlier than that. Had the relaunch went off as scheduled and they were able to keep everyone as champs leading in, Steiner probably would have dropped it to him at the Great American Bash. He might have held the belt for at least most of 2002 until they built up the right heel to beat him CLEANLY.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Even earlier than that. Had the relaunch went off as scheduled and they were able to keep everyone as champs leading in, Steiner probably would have dropped it to him at the Great American Bash. He might have held the belt for at least most of 2002 until they built up the right heel to beat him CLEANLY.
And that heel is of course the real future star of WCW, RENO

thebigbangmay6

Reaction score
Cool piece of history to own. Good luck with the site, feel free to link at of your updates either here or in the other WCW thread in this section
Thanks. I won't bombard too much. I am working on a weekly series around the young stars of WCW that were starting out prior to the close of the company, I'll definitely share that here.