wCw Back in Buisness

• Thread starter straight_edge76
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

BACKSTORY-

The current state of the econonmy was felt by Vince McMahon. They were close to filing for bankrupticy.Vince McMahon has no idea what to do, until Wrestlemania 25, he recieves a call from none other then former employee Vince Russo with a proposition. He and Eric Bischoff are interested in buying all rights of World Championship Wrestling and everything that goes with it. After a much heated debate and negociations they bought back wCw for an undisclosed amount they bought back the rights to the following:

wCw logos and trademarks
wCw Monday Nitro
wCw Thunder
wCw Television Championships
wCw World Tag Team Championship
wCw Cruiserweight Championship
Starcade PPV
Road Wild PPV
Sin PPV
Meyhem PPV
Spring Stampeed PPV
Slamboree PPV
Bash At The Beach PPV
Sin PPV
Fall Brawl PPV
Road Wild PPV
Halloween Havoc PPV
Uncensored PPV
Souled Out PPV
New Blood Rising PPV
They also bought the rights to the name "Clash of The Champions"

They also spent quite a bit of money buying the contracts of various WWE and TNA Superstars. Most of them were not very impactful with the exception of one, they were able to sign current TNA World Champion 'The Icon' Sting! With a full slate of Pay Per Views the next issue was The wCw World Heavyweight Championship, since It was currently held by "The Rated R Superstar" Edge and had been renamed the WWE World Heavyweight Championship McMahon and the WWE refused to part ways with its Heavyweight Championship regardless of what Russo and Bischoff tried. They could not get the rights to the United States Championship either.

The newly reformed wCw had one hell of a time signing a television deal but eventually they ended up signing a 3 year contract with TNT for Monday Nitro and Thunder, Nitro will air in its classic 9PM time slot whereas Thunder was given a 6PM time slot.

Active Roster:

Main Event
Sting
Sid Viscious
The Giant
Goldberg
Randy Savage

Upper Mid Card
Scott Steiner
Rick Steiner
Christian
Abyss
Ken Kennedy

Mid Card
Charlie Haas
Scott Hall
Paul Birchill
William Regal
Ron Killings
Colt Cabana
D'Lo Brown
Chris Harris
La Parka
Christopher Daniels

Cruiserweights
Kaz
Elix Skipper
Senshi
Gregory Helms
Shannon Moore
Sonjay Dutt
Psicosis
Super Crazy
Chavo Guerrero
Yang
Jamie Noble
Kaz Hayasha
Rey Mysterio
Petey Williams

Women
Gail Kim
Torrie Wilson
Beth Phoenix
Michelle McCool
Candice Michelle

Tag Teams
Colt Cabana & D'Lo Brown
The Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott Steiner)
Triple X (Elix Skipper, Senshi and Christopher Daniels)
3 Count (Gregory Helms and Shannon Moore)
Mexi Cools (Psicosis & Super Crazy)
Kaz & Chris Harris
Yung Dragons (Jamie Noble, Yang & Kaz Hayashi
)

Pay Per Views
Starcade (January)
Soulded Out (February)
Sin (March)
Spring Stampede (April)
Slamboree (May)
Unscensored (June)
Bash At The Beach (July)
Road Wild (August)
Fall Brawl (September)
Halloween Havoc (October)
Meyhem (November)
New Blood Rising (December)

connorten

Reaction score
I'm definitly liking the looks of this. Pretty good backstory and actually quite realistic towards what is happening. Rosters are very realistic and should be good to see what you do with them considering some are way past there prime. I'll be reviewing!

seX-Power

Looks alright, but some colour and setting out would be nice.

CT: WILL IT LAST~?~?~?

Wordlife

looks good man... gonna read for sure

Remember the good ol' days back doing btb's together a year or so back? That was some good shit my friend

straight_edge76

Yeah it was haha I just threw the first post together haha I am gonna make a few changes after I get it started but something to start out with haha. Ive wanted to do this for a while and already have my first show done.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I remember you from CWE with Wordlife and the other guy. Good luck.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
good to see you back in the section man! You did a very good contribution in CWE and also the section. This is pretty interesting. The rosters looks good with a good mix of the WCW Originals and new guys, and thank God, no Hulk Hogan lol... I'll be trying to catch up.

straight_edge76

yeah thanks man. I already have a few changes i am going to slowly make haha....but no clues