Watch NXT 9/5/12

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
[video=dailymotion]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtd0np_wwe-nxt-9-5-12-full-show-hq_sport?search_algo=1[/video]

For those of you intrigued by Stopspot's status spam, here ya go.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Rollins' promo disappointed me a little at the end. Found it hard to believe. Enjoyed Hero/Steamboat and still need to watch the Ascension/Usos.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Really good episode this week.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
What do you guys think of Hero on the mic? He seems to have a Brock Lesnar thing going on where his voice is squeaky but unintimidating, but somehow he gets it to work.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
It's not such a downside as it is to Lesnar, since Brock is a huge guy who's marketed mostly as a monster, and although KO is supposed be a badass knocking people out, he's not marketed as a big powerhouse or anything... so it's not such a bad thing for him.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I definitely expected a darker voice for a man of that look and stature. But he makes it works, he has enough emotion in his voice and his facial expressions make him look much more serious.

Plus if he needs to joke he can always turn into Hipster Ohno.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I also think his voice could be more appropriate but I don't think it's a big downside.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Rainman said:
What do you guys think of Hero on the mic? He seems to have a Brock Lesnar thing going on where his voice is squeaky but unintimidating, but somehow he gets it to work.

I thought he was better speaking today than he was from his promos I seen on FCW. When I watched his FCW promos I found he emphasized bits of his promo that didn't need to be emphasized and it sounded awkward and forced. His actual voice sounds fine enough to me though and suits him well.

Was relatively impressed. Loved his armbar quote as well.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Ohno is a fucking star, join me on his dick also I kind of miss fat Hero. Random thought for the day.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Just watched. Richie Steamboat is stupidly boring. Ohno was fucking great as always, I loved the backstage segment with Rickie. Paige looks awesome. Ascention are just full of so much win and Uso's are working brilliantly with them, both tag-teams should be on RAW. Rollins cut a good promo at the end imo. He has an awesome look with a cool gimmick. Great show.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Just watched. Richie Steamboat is stupidly boring. Ohno was F**cking great as always, I loved the backstage segment with Rickie. Paige looks awesome. Ascention are just full of so much win and Uso's are working brilliantly with them, both tag-teams should be on RAW. Rollins cut a good promo at the end imo. He has an awesome look with a cool gimmick. Great show.

I share your opinion. Steamboat mini needs to develop a clear cut character and let his ring work speak more for him until he has a character that makes him stand out.

Ohno's retort to Rickie was amazing and line of the night.