Warning for WWEF cat owners!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you own cats on here but I noticed something with my cats.

Last year around this time there was a post that went viral on Facebook about how the cat Temptations treats killed someone's cat. I did a post about it on my blog and broke down the ingredients to show while they weren't healthy, they were not deadly. Well... My cats are both expressing a very common complaint people are having with Temptations. They are both ripping their hair out.

I am not sure if it is only certain flavors or what but the most recent kind I got was the Catnip flavored mix ups. I won't be buying them anymore and I am dumping the ones that remain. I will have to get other treats and they will have to accept that Temptations are no longer part of their snacks. I am not risking it.

I just wanted to post something here because more and more people are ending up with sick or dead cats and vets are linking it to these treats. I don't want any more kitties getting sick. I just hope that they didn't do a lot of damage to mine. I can't imagine what is in this crap to make them rip their fur out. I am guessing it made their skin crawl and itch.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Could it be a heat thing? Like body heat, etc rising due to a reaction? Did you take them to the vet?

Sucks your cats are hurting!

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Wait so there's evidence that they are deadly to cats and Temptations haven't been shut down yet? what?

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
They are both ripping their hair out.
Are you sure its from the snacks? Watching the repetitive booking on RAW makes me do the same thing.

But seriously...I hope your cats recover quickly...and I'm sure you can find a tasty snack/treat that won't
have any awful side effects.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Are you sure its from the snacks? Watching the repetitive booking on RAW makes me do the same thing.

But seriously...I hope your cats recover quickly...and I'm sure you can find a tasty snack/treat that won't
have any awful side effects.

That made me LOL

And yeah they have others they like. Sucks I have to dump out $10 worth of treats though.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Could it be a heat thing? Like body heat, etc rising due to a reaction? Did you take them to the vet?

Sucks your cats are hurting!

There is nothing else I give them or do to them that would cause it. Look up consumer reports on the treats. They are killing cats and making many others very sick.

Wait so there's evidence that they are deadly to cats and Temptations haven't been shut down yet? what?

I have no idea how they are still able to sell them but it pisses me off. MARS is the company too... They make candy... Should not be making cat treats.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
A bit late to the party, but yeah...

Read about those treats last year. Apparently they were causing renal failure in cats. Sucks to see that they are still on the market apparently.