Wardlow wants match against Goldberg

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
04_wardlow_vs_powerhouse_hobbs_2023_04_19_dynamite_011.jpg

Wardlow says wrestling Goldberg is a "dream monster match" of his.

The TNT Champion was interviewed by WhatCulture at WrestleCon recently and spoke about having interacted with Goldberg at the convention.

Wardlow said:

Goldberg did walk through just a minute ago and we exchanged words. I don't know what's happening behind the scenes but we both mutually agreed that if the opportunity comes, we would love to see who really is next.
He continued to list Goldberg amongst other all-time great "monsters" in wrestling, saying:

Batista, Lesnar, Goldberg, I put those three in the same category of dream monster matches. I mean, we just heard Ward-low [chants], we haven't heard that since Goldberg so I think Wardlow vs. Goldberg, man, it doesn't get bigger than that. It does not get bigger than Wardlow vs. Goldberg.
Asked about potentially retiring Goldberg, Wardlow responded:

If it comes down to Wardlow as the man to retire Goldberg, I can die peacefully.
It was reported last month that Goldberg's WWE contract had expired and the 56-year-old is now a free agent. This led to speculation regarding what could be next for the Hall of Famer, including possibly signing with AEW.

When asked about Goldberg's free agency recently, AEW president Tony Khan said, "It's interesting to hear that he is a free agent, so that's something to follow. He's one of the biggest names in wrestling and certainly will be something else to keep an eye on for us."

During a recent radio appearance, Goldberg said that he wants to have a proper retirement match. He noted that he is leaning toward a self-funded four-city tour to end his career.

Goldberg said:

So, if I go on a world tour and promote it myself, that's a possibility. Hey, I'm a businessman and I'm fortunately in the position, I firmly believe, to where I can still make it happen. At the end of the day, like I said, I do believe that my character deserves a proper send-off and until that happens, I don't believe I'm hanging them up. So, anything and everything is an option.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
No offense to Wardlow, but the only guy that should get their Goldberg dream match is Big E when he’s healthy enough imo

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
No offense to Wardlow, but the only guy that should get their Goldberg dream match is Big E when he’s healthy enough imo
I love you Jimmy but I have to ask, why can he only face one of them? :lol

• Wow
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Because no one wants multiple Goldberg matches

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I rather he face CM Punk in a Hart on Pole match

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Because as a performer, I largely prefer Big E over Wardlow. I reckon it’s a personal preference on my end that I’d rather see it be Big E and Goldberg, not speaking for everyone just for me in general.

Spider DKR

Eighth-Legged Wonder Of The World
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Idk if AEW should interfere with Goldberg's retirement tour as I'm sure he already has a set finish in mind that could pose a problem for the brand's talent, but IF AEW said they'd handle his epilogue, I wouldn't be miffed. AEW has done well with the older talent who fans were so sure would suck, especially me. There should be a little good will there as a viewer, and AEW will have more historical significance. Idk if Wardlow should be the guy for it and I doubt Goldberg is losing any matches on his way out but if there's any promotion I trust right now with something like that this is the one.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Idk if AEW should interfere with Goldberg's retirement tour as I'm sure he already has a set finish in mind that could pose a problem for the brand's talent, but IF AEW said they'd handle his epilogue, I wouldn't be miffed. AEW has done well with the older talent who fans were so sure would suck, especially me. There should be a little good will there as a viewer, and AEW will have more historical significance. Idk if Wardlow should be the guy for it and I doubt Goldberg is losing any matches on his way out but if there's any promotion I trust right now with something like that this is the one.
Look at this reasonable af post. Unacceptable!

I p much agree w all of it

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP