Wanderlei Silva Talks About UFC 139 Matchup With Cung Le, Possible Retirement

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
wanderlei-silva_large.jpg
Former Pride middleweight champion Wanderlei Silva was inserted into the UFC 139 co-main event fight with Cung Le after Vitor Belfort got hurt, and he seems to have a lot of respect for his opponent. Silva talked to MMA Heat's Karyn Bryant at a regional show over the weekend, and was asked about the matchup. The answer comes at the 2:37 mark of the video below (remember folks, this is Wanderlei Silva English):

"You know he's a really good opponent. I've studied his game, and I think he has the best kicks in MMA. I started training the difference of the kickings. I think he's a great opponent. I hope to give a great show for the fans in San Jose and I hope to make everyone happy there and around the world."

He was also asked about retirement:

"No, I'm just back from the doctors, and he make all the checks, and the doctor say, he told me I can fight 20 more years! I'm really healthy you know, and I'm trying to pass Couture. Couture stop at 48, I'm 35."

He also discusses his training at King's MMA, the UFC 138 bout between Mark Munoz and Chris Leben, painful massages, and much more. It's actually a pretty good interview, and Wandy's unique version of English is always entertaining. Check it out: